FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread-11/8/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2324-7-day-motivational-thread-11-8-10-a.html)

gmantych 11-08-2010 01:09 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread-11/8/10

Good Morning ladies. I didnt see a new thread this morning so I am starting it up.

I am so glad to have last week behind me. I did gain 1 lb back, at least it wasnt the 5 I had thought! :p The good thing that came out of last week was that I realized I am too concerned with that # on the scale every day! I believe that if I hadn't have seen the scale show a 5lb gain then I wouldnt have gotten in a funk and messed the rest of the week up. So I weighed yesterday morning and will not weigh again until this Sunday. (provided my DH hides the scales like I asked him to do!)

So here are my goals for the week:

1. Calories at 1500
2. 128 oz of water
3. Exercise 1 hour
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!:eek:
5. Stay positive and motivated

I hope all of you that were sick the last few days are feeling better.

Alright ladies lets have an awesome week!!!!

Hunny24 11-08-2010 02:59 AM

Well I have my 10k on Saturday so my goals for the week are:

Run 4-5 miles tonight and Tuesday - Gym Wed and then rest the legs Thur and Fri
Keep meals under 1500 calories
No carbs at dinner time, except the night before my race

Will be weighing myself the morning of the race to see how I have been all week....really want to be back at 144 since I have not had the best last few weeks. So we'll see.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well!

Ann

almeeker 11-08-2010 03:19 AM

Thanks for the new post gmantych, and I also hope that everybody that had a bug last week is fully recovered this week. I've been pretty fortunate, since starting this last winter I've hardly had more than a sniffle, knock on wood.

I did really well with calories on Saturday, but not on Sunday. I made apple sauce and apple butter, and anytime I do any canning I always go over my calorie budget. Believe it or not I ate at least 1/2 cup of apple butter yesterday, and 3-4 times that much apple sauce! Yikes! But those things I make without a recipe, I just keep tasting until it's right. Wow I gotta start writing this stuff down and save myself the calories.

Good luck on your race hunny.

Daily Goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS.
2. Drink 96 oz of water
3. Get to the pool 2 times
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours
5. Weightlifting 2 times
6. Clean out my closet
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill
8. Order the parts for my broken elliptical

Darlean 11-08-2010 03:59 AM

New Week, hooray!

I'm glad to see that we have started a new week here. I'm also glad that some who have been under the weather are doing better. I'm not so lucky. Did Jillian Michaels "Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism" on Saturday, and then started to go downhill. Sore throat first, then the rest hit. There have been so many here that are ill, I wonder if it's an "internet virus";)
Anyway, it's rest for me today and the only goal I'm even going to set is to get lots of water in this tired, run down body. I'll be watching everyone else and cheering your successes.

blauto 11-08-2010 04:17 AM

Hello I am new to this sight but am hoping to find some great information and support. I am a yo yo dieter and am now at my all time highest 222 and miserable. My goal weight is 165 I have seen that number many times but I am unable to maintain. So here is to eating healthy and begin exercising again.
My goals this week:

1500 calories daily
64 0z water daily
Exercise 3x this week
No fast food after working 16 hours on Mon & Wed. ( I always stop late at night and eat unhealthy)

cjohnson728 11-08-2010 04:31 AM

Trying again this week, focusing on healthy rather than on weight:

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night.
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day.
3. Take vitamins.
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day.
5. Floss nightly.
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days).
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily.
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off.

Good luck this week with your goals, everyone! You can do this :D!

kinmoratree 11-08-2010 05:29 AM

Jumping on the wagon with you guys.

I've been on fitday on and off for a while now, but I'm looking for a little support and accountability and this looks like the place to get it.

My goals this first week are pretty simple:
Log 3 hours of workouts over the course of the week.
Log my food everyday this week.
Get on the scale every day. (Knowing I have to weigh in every day keeps me in check better than once a week. If I only weigh once a week, I always tell myself that I can "make-up" for those high calorie days by eating less the other days. It never works that way.)

Have a good week, girls!

Tracy

gmantych 11-08-2010 06:43 AM

Ann-Good luck on your 10k this Saturday. I am considering starting the program C25K. I am not sure if I will enjoy running but I hear so many people say they thought the same thing before they started! So maybe when I hit 200lbs I will give it a go.

Almeeker-where did you learn to cook so good. Obviously I have never tasted your food but it has to be great!!!! I could never cook stuff like that from taste, I need recipes. Yes you need to start writing the stuff down so you can share it with us.:D

Canary-Dont feel bad about your Saturday night. I had a few beers myself, and then yesetrday DH made some double chocolate cookies. I think he just does it to torture me! So you know I just had to taste one, yeah right, two!:p

Darlean-I hope you feel better soon! I am glad you are still checking in to let us know how you are doing!

blauto and kinmoratree-Welcome -There are some great ladies on this thread. Many of us still have right much weight to loose and others have met their goals or very close to it. There is alot of knowledge running here!! Take advantage of that and the tools that FitDay offers!

Cassie-I am also focusing on being healthier this week rather than the weight. I am really obsessed with the # and if it looks bad then I just blow the rest of the week. Well not this week. I am not getting on the scale until Sunday morning. I hope then to see a loss!!

Susan-We miss you! I hope you are doing well.

cubbyprincess 11-08-2010 06:43 AM

Goals this week:
1. Eat 1200 daily M-F ss 1250
2. get more protein in
3. Take Vitamins
4. Stop procrastinating and get all my assignments done on time....keep working until time for bed (no naps)
5. Meditate (3-4) times a week
6. Go to gym 4-5 times a week weight train at least 2wice a week
7. Be more grateful in general (hehe trying to work on mind too!)

Good luck to everyone. Hope you have a great week;)

rubypeanut 11-08-2010 07:07 AM

Goals this week:

Try calorie cycling Tues, Thurs, Saturday.
Exercise: videos 2x during weekdays.
Run or videos 2x during weekend.

WeightlossBoo 11-08-2010 09:16 AM

I've been a bit down for the last few after an increase in my hours at work, and as a result I've been slacking for the past two weeks. I tried this thread back in the midst of my down turn and didn't stick to it, so I'm trying again if I may? :)

Starting from today my goals are;
1. To complete my daily work out schedule. YES
2. Have a protein shake/high protein meal following each work out. YES
3. Not to give myself more than one treat a day (which I factor into my cal/carb/fat allowance) YES
4. Not to consume unnecessary/extra calories at night. YES (so far)

almeeker 11-08-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 24892)
Almeeker-where did you learn to cook so good. Obviously I have never tasted your food but it has to be great!!!! I could never cook stuff like that from taste, I need recipes. Yes you need to start writing the stuff down so you can share it with us.:D

I think I inherited the cooking gene. It's either that or my mother somehow tricked me into it, and believe me she's a suspicious character. I started learning to cook before I could read or do math, so what I started with is my taste buds, my hands and the good ol' eyeball. The first time DH and I saw Rachel Ray he turned and looked at me and said "OMG she cooks just like you do!" And in the same breath, "So how come you don't have your own TV show?" Honing in to the whole 30 minutes thing was genius. Seriously it never occurred to me that there was any other way to make dinner. Geez, everything my mother ever taught me in the kitchen could be whipped up in 30 minutes or less, except holiday cooking and canning recipes - which take longer cause they're supposed to.

The apple goods turned out beautifully. I always make apple butter and apple sauce at the same time, because I strain the sauce to thicken it and use the liquid for apple butter. My fam likes their apple sauce with brown sugar, tons of cinnamon and big chunks of apples, it's really more like canned pie filling than it is apple sauce. This year in a stroke of genius I added caramel liquor to the apple butter, so now I have "caramel apple butter" which is low sugar but no one would ever suspect.

rubypeanut 11-08-2010 12:29 PM

Goals this week:

Try calorie cycling Tues, Thurs, Saturday.
Exercise: videos 2x during weekdays. JUST DID A VIDEO! SO BORING! I need a winter solution.
Run or videos 2x during weekend.

One more new goal: like my body the way I am. I like the videos b/c the women are usually strong and healthy and not these emaciated waifs (like the ridiculous "Real Housewives" types of women). After a video I usually feel good about myself but then I go to work and I have all these co-workers that are size 00 or some of them have to buy teenager and juniors clothes b/c they are so thin. On the other hand, they can't even run one mile!

mambogirl81 11-08-2010 12:36 PM

almeeker, If I hadn't just stuffed myself on homemade gluten free brownies, I would be asking you to mail me some caramel apple butter. Sounds delicious!!

I knew I should have listed my goals earlier today and maybe I would have stayed out of the brownies. :(

1. 96 oz of water a day.
2. Workout (alt. cardio/weights) 5 days.
3. No dessert food!
4. Veggies at lunch and dinner.
5. Extra abs.I am really trying to attack my middle :)

almeeker 11-08-2010 01:47 PM

LOL, the caramel apple butter has been a huge hit. I watch a toddler, she's sometimes a bit fussy when it comes to eating. Today she ate an entire jelly sandwich, and then signed "more" + "eat" + "please". She only says about 3 words verbally, but she signs like a champ. Then I picked her brother up from school and he's super picky and at first complained that I never have any "normal" jelly. I asked him what flavor "normal" jelly is and he said "red". Then I fed him a small spoonful of caramel apple butter, and right after that he ate a whole sandwich too. So he agreed that tomorrow he's going to try another one of my strange jellies, maybe he'll branch out to blueberry, fingers crossed here.

Hey, mambogirl do you have celiac? We did the GF diet here in our house for about 4+ years. Our oldest was allergic to wheat and pretty much anything that could be substituted for wheat. She outgrew it for the most part, the funny thing is our youngest won't touch bread. We only had GF bread in the house until she was 3ish, so anything heavier like bagels or homemade whole wheat is fine, but you can forget giving her that squishy white bread. Fine by me.

cjohnson728 11-08-2010 03:31 PM

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No
3. Take vitamins. Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes-34
5. Floss nightly. Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes

Better than I expected, for a Monday, anyway.

I have to say, with regard to being sick, that I think all my healthy changes over the past year paid off. This bug has gone through a lot of people I know, and it's knocked them out for 3-4 days. I had one really bad day and one "take it slow" day and was done, and my symptoms weren't nearly as bad, either. So if you ever wonder why you're doing all this, it sure seems like it makes a difference other than how you look in your jeans ;).

Be well, all, and have a great Tuesday!

gmantych 11-08-2010 11:43 PM

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone survived another Monday. My DD had a great idea about Mondays. She said everyone should be able to go to school/work late on Mondays so you could sleep in. Genius. :D

Here is my report card for Monday:

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000
2. 128 oz of water-YES
3. Exercise 1 hour-YES
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-:rolleyes:well lets just say DH didnt hide them!
5. Stay positive and motivated-YES

I am going to do better today with my calories. I brought all my food with me to work today. Which I did yesterday also but I got upset shortly before lunch so I being an emotional eater just didnt want the salad. I went to Boston Market with the intentions of getting turkey, garlic dill potatoes, and steam veggies. Of course they were out of the two sides so I replaced them with creamed spinach and corn. Wow, I was shocked to see that I ate 830 calories for lunch!!!! Oh well its not going to get me down. I did pretty good for dinner and back with it this morning.

almeeker 11-09-2010 02:25 AM

Monday Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min
6. Clean out my closet NO
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO
8. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. The parts are going to cost more than a new elliptical, so new goal: call dad and see if he can do some welding for me.

Darlean 11-09-2010 02:26 AM

Still down

Another day of being ill. Still have a feaver and coughing and sneezing constantly. Even water doesn't taste good, but my goal today is to get more fluids than I did yesterday, which wasn't enough. Hubby is a little put off because "I'm home from work and he's not". I guess when us ladies are sick we're supposed to push through it and take it in stride. I've found that doesn't work so well after 45. Have to get your rest or the body won't cooperate and heal itself.
I did read something in a magazine this morning that helped me, though. A woman had gained some weight and was frustrated about not looking nice until she could lose it again. The advice to her was to keep trying and focus on the the things she does like about herself. Even to write them down. Beautiful hair or skin, nice voice, friendly attitude...things like that. We are all special for different things and beautiful for different things, too. Only we compare our beauty or talent to someone else. I can honestly say that I have never seen any one of the ladies on this thread, but I admire so much the cooking talents, motivational inspiration, achieved goals, sense of humor, and so many wonderful things that make you individually special. It makes it a beautiful world to have so much diversity, don't you think? I've come up with another goal for today....I'm going to look for the "hidden" beauty in myself and not what I so negatively see in the mirror.
Have a great day!

cjohnson728 11-09-2010 08:41 AM

Everyone's starting the week with some good things :) I'm going to take Darlean's post and throw down a challenge...

Post here, for everyone to see, three things that are really awesome about yourself...one character trait, one physical feature, and one major accomplishment. Ready...GO!

WeightlossBoo 11-09-2010 09:12 AM

Today has been alright, but I'm working tomorrow so I'm sure I'll struggle a bit as I have to cancel my morning RPM class.

1. To complete my daily work out schedule. YES, YES
2. Have a protein shake/high protein meal following each work out. YES, YES
3. Not to give myself more than one treat a day (which I factor into my cal/carb/fat allowance). YES, NO (but didn't go over budget.)
4. Not to consume unnecessary/extra calories at night. YES, YES

almeeker 11-09-2010 11:43 AM

Tuesday Report Card (reporting now so I don't eat anymore)

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199, 1,560
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES, NO
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min, 60 min
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min, 15 min
6. Clean out my closet NO, NO
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO, NO
8. Call dad and see if he can weld the elliptical back together. NO, NO

cjohnson's throwdown challenge, I accept your challenge. 3 things that are awesome about me:

Character trait - I am honest to a fault.
Physical feature - I have a very pretty smile, even my dentist gushes over it.
Major accomplishment - Last month I became a Girl Scout leader, today my Scouts received their first badge, and that was pretty cool.

mtlgirl 11-09-2010 01:02 PM

Well I had written a whole post for this thread yesterday evening and when I hit "Post Reply" the page went blank and my post disappeared. I was so discouraged so here I go again. I sure hope this post doesn't get deleted.

The low down: Monday was disastrous. It started off okay but it ended terribly with an all-out binge. Talk about falling off the wagon. Long story short I had a bad day. I lost my dad in March to a horrific disease and it still haunts me. Some days are worse than others and on Monday my mom was terribly upset and it broke my heart. Then there was a technical fiasco at work and I lost 4 days worth of work which I have to do all over again. To top it off, it was raining and cold and I got a $52 parking ticket. I hope I don't sound like a major whiner. I certainly don't want to burden anyone with my problems. I think I'm okay now. I just signed up for a 5k race which will take place on December 4th. This morning I had an awesome run in a beautiful park.

My goals for the week:

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday :confused: 1505
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes

And as for cjohnson's throwdown challenge:

Character trait - I am a truly faithful and reliable friend.
Physical feature - I have really pretty curly hair.
Major accomplishment - I went from being in the worst shape of my life this Spring to running a 5k race in August. The feeling of crossing that finish line (and I did not come in last!) was AMAZING!

pottersirus 11-09-2010 01:10 PM

hey all.... gud 2 see al again ..... i had nt posted any updates last week except a few.... but i did keep checking it everyday to keep myself motivated... i went on a strict calorie restricting diet wid 1 hour fierce workout everyday.... it was tough but reading all ur post really inspired me n i managed to pull it off.....

so, here i m at 130lbs.... 2 weeks ahead of the time ( previously thanksgiving was the deadline) ...... i m so happy abt it.... now my weight goal is 125lbs by thanksgiving..... i m not sure if i can pull off so much .... but atleast 2 to 3 lbs...

the main goal now for me would be to not put on the weight i ve already lost ....... since my past goals ve worked out for me well, i m sticking to it

1. drink 2.5 l water
2. no eating after 8 pm ( i had mine today by 6 :) )
3. no over-eating or stress eating
4. ve only home cooked meals
5. avoid 3 C's :eek:
6. workout an hour ( walked today)

i did al of them above today n yesterday.... hope i can pull it off for the rest of the week

cjohnson728 11-09-2010 03:19 PM

Today's report:

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes-34, Yes-33
5. Floss nightly. Yes, Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes, Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes, Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes, None today

Things I'm proud of:
Character trait: I'm very dependable
Physical feature: My abs. Finally!
Accomplishment: Through example, teaching, and sometimes gnashing of teeth, I have imparted the knowledge of good food choices and the benefits of exercise in my child, who is now making good decisions on his own (Halloween notwithstanding ;)).

Rose, you are now due for a really terrific day tomorrow! Hope you get one; sorry today was such a bust.

almeeker 11-09-2010 10:21 PM

Rose honey, I'm so sorry your Monday was horrible. I think it's in the air, my Monday was maybe not quite so bad as yours, but horrible all the same and it ended with a binge as well. If it helps, my mother always says of bad days that the Lord has to give you some just so you can fully appreciate the good days.

I'm quite quite jealous of the pretty curly hair BTW, and of Cassie's awesome abs.

mtlgirl 11-09-2010 11:47 PM

Thanks so much Amy and Cassie. You're fantastic girls!

almeeker, it does help to know that the bad days help to fully appreciate the good and I do have so much to be grateful for. I just seem to be so stuck here at 178. I reached this weight over 2 months ago after losing 20 pounds and I have just gained and lost the same 2-5 pounds since then. It's been a 2-month vicious circle and I want to bust through it but obstacles keep getting in the way. Next week I will be in the Arctic! That's right, I will be in the freezing cold Arctic for 6 days, teaching my craft to a group of young film students. It's a great honor and I'm sure it will be an adventure but of course I have no idea what to expect food-wise. It's not like I can search out a health food store or even do my own groceries. I was thinking of bringing my protein powder and almond milk to make smoothies in my hotel room for breakfast but it might be hard to cart along a couple of cartons of almond milk!

Darlean, I hope you feel a lot better today! Hang in there, Girlfriend!

Pottersirus, welcome back and congrats on achieving your goal early!

Everyone, have a wonderful Wednesday! :)

gmantych 11-10-2010 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 25027)
Well I had written a whole post for this thread yesterday evening and when I hit "Post Reply" the page went blank and my post disappeared. I was so discouraged so here I go again. I sure hope this post doesn't get deleted.

The low down: Monday was disastrous. It started off okay but it ended terribly with an all-out binge. Talk about falling off the wagon. Long story short I had a bad day. I lost my dad in March to a horrific disease and it still haunts me. Some days are worse than others and on Monday my mom was terribly upset and it broke my heart. Then there was a technical fiasco at work and I lost 4 days worth of work which I have to do all over again. To top it off, it was raining and cold and I got a $52 parking ticket. I hope I don't sound like a major whiner. I certainly don't want to burden anyone with my problems. I think I'm okay now. I just signed up for a 5k race which will take place on December 4th. This morning I had an awesome run in a beautiful park.

My goals for the week:

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday :confused: 1505
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes

And as for cjohnson's throwdown challenge:

Character trait - I am a truly faithful and reliable friend.
Physical feature - I have really pretty curly hair.
Major accomplishment - I went from being in the worst shape of my life this Spring to running a 5k race in August. The feeling of crossing that finish line (and I did not come in last!) was AMAZING!

Rose-I am so sorry you had such a bad day on Monday. I can sympathize with you on the loss of a parent. I lost my mother one year ago to Pancreatic Cancer. Seeing her in such pain is really hard to get out of my head at times. I brought her home on a Friday and spent the next fours days taking care of her until she passed. I was very fortunate to have the time with her but out of 3 children I was there by myself 95% of the time. So I saw alot!

No you didnt sound like a whiner and you sure didnt burden us with any problems. Its great that we can come here and vent! We all need to let it out at some point! You helped me so much last week and you, as well as many others, are an inspiration to me. So I really want to know how you got in to running? It doesnt seem like it took you that long to run a 5K. That is awesome!!

gmantych 11-10-2010 01:23 AM

Here is my report card for Tuesday:

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000, 1719
2. 128 oz of water-YESYes
3. Exercise 1 hour-YESYes
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-well lets just say DH didnt hide them!

5. Stay positive and motivated-YESYES

Character Trait-Loyal Friend
Physical Feature-I have been told I have pretty blue eyes
Major Accomplishment-Besides my two beautiful children, I am currently working on one of my most Major Accomplisments. Healthy Lifestyle with Weight Loss

cubbyprincess 11-10-2010 01:53 AM

so I went over my cals, by 150, met every other goal. I dont think it would have been that bad if I did not eat that extra calorie treat JUST before i went to sleep. :confused: I don't know I think it is because I was just about to start that time of the month? does anyone have trouble sticking to their calorie intake just before that "time"? Seems to be a common occurrence for me!:)

cubbyprincess 11-10-2010 01:56 AM

Goals this week:
1. Eat 1200 daily M-F ss 1250 Yes, No - 1350 (Tues)
2. get more protein in - No - Drank yesterday in celeb for a project completed
3. Take Vitamins - No
4. Stop procrastinating and get all my assignments done on time....keep working until time for bed (no naps) YES YES (No choice really) lol
5. Meditate (3-4) times a week YES YES
6. Go to gym 4-5 times a week weight train at least 2wice a week (YES)
7. Be more grateful in general (hehe trying to work on mind too!) (YES)

Keep up the good work ladies

JulieTM 11-10-2010 02:34 AM

This Week for Julie:
- Walk every day for lunch as long as it's not raining - no excuses!
- Eat ~1700 calories/day
- Don't eat when I'm not hungry!!! (that one is so hard)

mtlgirl 11-10-2010 12:41 PM

I had a pretty good day but I could have done better on the exercise. I cleaned my apartment instead.

Here's my report card...

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday, 1505, 1534
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes No
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes Yes

I hope you all had a great day! :)

rubypeanut 11-10-2010 03:24 PM

Rose, I'm glad you had a better day!

I was at work from 7:15 AM to 9:15 PM today...in addition to my "3 meals," I drank 3 diet pops, 5 Halloween chocolates, and a cup Ramen (although I did pour the water in, then drain it, and add fresh boiling water--that might have a flushed out 1-2 grams of salt and fat, right?!! :P). I am so exhausted! Tomorrow is supposed to be a low calorie day in my attempt to calorie cycle...not sure if I can do it after my tiring day. Maybe I'll try to load up on tea and broth, etc.

cjohnson728 11-10-2010 03:43 PM

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No, Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes-34, Yes-33, Yes-35
5. Floss nightly. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes, Yes, Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes, None today, Not today either

I'm also glad you had a better day, Rose. I was thinking of you and your 5K while I was on the treadmill tonight. I'm still so impressed :). I will be doing one on Thanksgiving if I can work out the logistics; if not, my first one will be the second week in December. It's intimidating and exciting at the same time!

cubbyprincess, I went to a seminar once on the physiology of emotion and the presenter stated that gratitude is the one emotion that actually produces positive physical changes in the brain...so your goal is right on target!

almeeker 11-10-2010 10:55 PM

Wednesday Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199, 1,560, 1,701
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES, NO, NO
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min, 60 min, 57 min
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min, 15 min, No
6. Clean out my closet NO, NO, 1/2 way done!!!
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO, NO, NO
8. Call dad and see if he can weld the elliptical back together. NO, NO, I called dad but forgot to talk to him about the elliptical, but I will see him tonight with pieces in hand, maybe he can fix the coat rack too....

You ladies weren't kidding about this stomach bug, it's clearly traveling along cyber lines. Now I have it, thanks for sharing - NOT! I was in complete misery last night, I feel a little better this morning but now I'm afraid to eat breakfast, which is so unusual for me that I almost feel like I should call 911. "Hello 911, I have an emergency, I'm afraid to eat, so can you guys come out, because I'm certain that lack of appetite means I'm knocking at death's door" Yeah, they'll take that seriously.

Wednesday's Challenge: Donate something to charity. It could be anything, a couple of bucks to the Boy Scout selling popcorn, an on-line donation to your favorite charity, or a bag of goods dropped off at Goodwill or some such. I'm going to fill my SUV and drive it out to Goodwill and a church charity program. And then I'm going to take a couple of bags of canned/boxed food and hygiene items to Love Inc.

Oh and for those of you faced with children selling stuff, like the Scouts, marching band, etc etc. I've found a great way to still support them, without the extra calories, instead of buying the "stuff", just make a small cash donation to their organization. Tuesday there was the cutest little Cub Scout selling those huge boxes of popcorn at $10-$25 each. So instead of buying one I asked his mom how much money they made on each sale, and she said like $1.00-$1.50 depending on the size. So I handed him $3 and said that was a donation to his troop, and it was like I'd bought 2 of the big boxes. And after looking over the nutritional information, that was a seriously genius move on my part.

gmantych 11-10-2010 11:57 PM

Report card for Wednesday

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000, 1719, 2019:(
2. 128 oz of water-YES, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 1 hour-YES,Yes, Yes
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-well lets just say DH didnt hide them!
5. Stay positive and motivated-YES, YES, Yes, I didnt want to walk last night, BIDIA!

Of course I havent stayed off the scale, the darn thing is still in the bathroom. I could have reminded my DH but then he would have felt bad because he forgot. But this week it has been looking good so far. I have started adding a 30 minute walk on the treadmill each night in addition to my morning workout. I think next week I will only walk on the nights that I do the 30 day shred in the am. I would love to see 200 by Christmas.

cubbyprincess 11-11-2010 12:03 AM

Checking in:

1. Eat 1200 daily M-F ss 1250 Yes, No - 1350, yes
2. get more protein in - YES, No, YES
3. Take Vitamins - No, YES, YES
4. Stop procrastinating and get all my assignments done on time....keep working until time for bed (no naps) YES YES, Yes
5. Meditate (3-4) times a week YES YES, NO
6. Go to gym 4-5 times a week weight train at least 2wice a week Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Be more grateful in general (hehe trying to work on mind too!) Yes, Yes, Yes

@ CJohnson, Yes, that's the plan! :D

mambogirl81 11-11-2010 03:47 AM

Hi Ladies, I am just catching up on all the posts. I too have been sick since Monday; kind of weird that we all live in different places but are sharing similar illness. Anyway, I have been back and forth between no appetite and craving junk food since I got sick, so I am not reporting on anything for the last few days. Hopefully today will be better.

1. 96 oz of water a day.
2. Workout (alt. cardio/weights) 5 days.
3. No dessert food!
4. Veggies at lunch and dinner.
5. Extra abs.I am really trying to attack my middle

almeeker, you asked a few pages ago if I have celiac. I haven't been tested for it. I just know that I get an upset stomach, bloating, and so emotional and irritable if I eat it that I need to stay away from it. That is interesting how your daughter grew out of it. I didn't develop it until after one of my pregnancies.

Taking up Cassie's challenge a few days late:
1. I don't hold grudges and can forgive easily. (necessary with a house full:)
2. I have big blue eyes.
3. Set a goal to run a 10k before I turned 40 and did it the day before my birthday in 90 something degree heat, often uphill. Hardest thing I've ever done (besides unmedicated childbirth LOL)

rubypeanut 11-11-2010 12:06 PM

I've been slowly accumulating a big pile of things to donate. Today I biked to Salvation Army and bought lots of pants b/c some of my old pants are too loose! Hooray!