7 Day Motivational Thread-11/8/10

Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
FitDay Member

Today has been alright, but I'm working tomorrow so I'm sure I'll struggle a bit as I have to cancel my morning RPM class.

1. To complete my daily work out schedule. YES, YES
2. Have a protein shake/high protein meal following each work out. YES, YES
3. Not to give myself more than one treat a day (which I factor into my cal/carb/fat allowance). YES, NO (but didn't go over budget.)
4. Not to consume unnecessary/extra calories at night. YES, YES
Old 11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card (reporting now so I don't eat anymore)

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199, 1,560
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES, NO
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min, 60 min
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min, 15 min
6. Clean out my closet NO, NO
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO, NO
8. Call dad and see if he can weld the elliptical back together. NO, NO

cjohnson's throwdown challenge, I accept your challenge. 3 things that are awesome about me:

Character trait - I am honest to a fault.
Physical feature - I have a very pretty smile, even my dentist gushes over it.
Major accomplishment - Last month I became a Girl Scout leader, today my Scouts received their first badge, and that was pretty cool.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Well I had written a whole post for this thread yesterday evening and when I hit "Post Reply" the page went blank and my post disappeared. I was so discouraged so here I go again. I sure hope this post doesn't get deleted.

The low down: Monday was disastrous. It started off okay but it ended terribly with an all-out binge. Talk about falling off the wagon. Long story short I had a bad day. I lost my dad in March to a horrific disease and it still haunts me. Some days are worse than others and on Monday my mom was terribly upset and it broke my heart. Then there was a technical fiasco at work and I lost 4 days worth of work which I have to do all over again. To top it off, it was raining and cold and I got a $52 parking ticket. I hope I don't sound like a major whiner. I certainly don't want to burden anyone with my problems. I think I'm okay now. I just signed up for a 5k race which will take place on December 4th. This morning I had an awesome run in a beautiful park.

My goals for the week:

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday 1505
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes

And as for cjohnson's throwdown challenge:

Character trait - I am a truly faithful and reliable friend.
Physical feature - I have really pretty curly hair.
Major accomplishment - I went from being in the worst shape of my life this Spring to running a 5k race in August. The feeling of crossing that finish line (and I did not come in last!) was AMAZING!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-10-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added the throwdown challenge
Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

hey all.... gud 2 see al again ..... i had nt posted any updates last week except a few.... but i did keep checking it everyday to keep myself motivated... i went on a strict calorie restricting diet wid 1 hour fierce workout everyday.... it was tough but reading all ur post really inspired me n i managed to pull it off.....

so, here i m at 130lbs.... 2 weeks ahead of the time ( previously thanksgiving was the deadline) ...... i m so happy abt it.... now my weight goal is 125lbs by thanksgiving..... i m not sure if i can pull off so much .... but atleast 2 to 3 lbs...

the main goal now for me would be to not put on the weight i ve already lost ....... since my past goals ve worked out for me well, i m sticking to it

1. drink 2.5 l water
2. no eating after 8 pm ( i had mine today by 6 )
3. no over-eating or stress eating
4. ve only home cooked meals
5. avoid 3 C's
6. workout an hour ( walked today)

i did al of them above today n yesterday.... hope i can pull it off for the rest of the week
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Today's report:

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes-34, Yes-33
5. Floss nightly. Yes, Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes, Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes, Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes, None today

Things I'm proud of:
Character trait: I'm very dependable
Physical feature: My abs. Finally!
Accomplishment: Through example, teaching, and sometimes gnashing of teeth, I have imparted the knowledge of good food choices and the benefits of exercise in my child, who is now making good decisions on his own (Halloween notwithstanding ).

Rose, you are now due for a really terrific day tomorrow! Hope you get one; sorry today was such a bust.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-11-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Rose honey, I'm so sorry your Monday was horrible. I think it's in the air, my Monday was maybe not quite so bad as yours, but horrible all the same and it ended with a binge as well. If it helps, my mother always says of bad days that the Lord has to give you some just so you can fully appreciate the good days.

I'm quite quite jealous of the pretty curly hair BTW, and of Cassie's awesome abs.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-10-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much Amy and Cassie. You're fantastic girls!

almeeker, it does help to know that the bad days help to fully appreciate the good and I do have so much to be grateful for. I just seem to be so stuck here at 178. I reached this weight over 2 months ago after losing 20 pounds and I have just gained and lost the same 2-5 pounds since then. It's been a 2-month vicious circle and I want to bust through it but obstacles keep getting in the way. Next week I will be in the Arctic! That's right, I will be in the freezing cold Arctic for 6 days, teaching my craft to a group of young film students. It's a great honor and I'm sure it will be an adventure but of course I have no idea what to expect food-wise. It's not like I can search out a health food store or even do my own groceries. I was thinking of bringing my protein powder and almond milk to make smoothies in my hotel room for breakfast but it might be hard to cart along a couple of cartons of almond milk!

Darlean, I hope you feel a lot better today! Hang in there, Girlfriend!

Pottersirus, welcome back and congrats on achieving your goal early!

Everyone, have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl View Post
Well I had written a whole post for this thread yesterday evening and when I hit "Post Reply" the page went blank and my post disappeared. I was so discouraged so here I go again. I sure hope this post doesn't get deleted.

The low down: Monday was disastrous. It started off okay but it ended terribly with an all-out binge. Talk about falling off the wagon. Long story short I had a bad day. I lost my dad in March to a horrific disease and it still haunts me. Some days are worse than others and on Monday my mom was terribly upset and it broke my heart. Then there was a technical fiasco at work and I lost 4 days worth of work which I have to do all over again. To top it off, it was raining and cold and I got a $52 parking ticket. I hope I don't sound like a major whiner. I certainly don't want to burden anyone with my problems. I think I'm okay now. I just signed up for a 5k race which will take place on December 4th. This morning I had an awesome run in a beautiful park.

My goals for the week:

1. Eat 1400-1600 calories per day. NO for Monday 1505
2. Run 5k 3 times No Yes
3. Do the 30 Day Shred 2 times No No
4. Take my multivitamin Yes Yes
5. Drink 2 litres of water per day Yes Yes
6. Sleep at least 7 hours per night Yes Yes

And as for cjohnson's throwdown challenge:

Character trait - I am a truly faithful and reliable friend.
Physical feature - I have really pretty curly hair.
Major accomplishment - I went from being in the worst shape of my life this Spring to running a 5k race in August. The feeling of crossing that finish line (and I did not come in last!) was AMAZING!
Rose-I am so sorry you had such a bad day on Monday. I can sympathize with you on the loss of a parent. I lost my mother one year ago to Pancreatic Cancer. Seeing her in such pain is really hard to get out of my head at times. I brought her home on a Friday and spent the next fours days taking care of her until she passed. I was very fortunate to have the time with her but out of 3 children I was there by myself 95% of the time. So I saw alot!

No you didnt sound like a whiner and you sure didnt burden us with any problems. Its great that we can come here and vent! We all need to let it out at some point! You helped me so much last week and you, as well as many others, are an inspiration to me. So I really want to know how you got in to running? It doesnt seem like it took you that long to run a 5K. That is awesome!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Here is my report card for Tuesday:

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000, 1719
2. 128 oz of water-YESYes
3. Exercise 1 hour-YESYes
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-well lets just say DH didnt hide them!

5. Stay positive and motivated-YESYES

Character Trait-Loyal Friend
Physical Feature-I have been told I have pretty blue eyes
Major Accomplishment-Besides my two beautiful children, I am currently working on one of my most Major Accomplisments. Healthy Lifestyle with Weight Loss
Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

so I went over my cals, by 150, met every other goal. I dont think it would have been that bad if I did not eat that extra calorie treat JUST before i went to sleep. I don't know I think it is because I was just about to start that time of the month? does anyone have trouble sticking to their calorie intake just before that "time"? Seems to be a common occurrence for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.