Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread-11/8/10

Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

I've been a bit down for the last few after an increase in my hours at work, and as a result I've been slacking for the past two weeks. I tried this thread back in the midst of my down turn and didn't stick to it, so I'm trying again if I may?

Starting from today my goals are;
1. To complete my daily work out schedule. YES
2. Have a protein shake/high protein meal following each work out. YES
3. Not to give myself more than one treat a day (which I factor into my cal/carb/fat allowance) YES
4. Not to consume unnecessary/extra calories at night. YES (so far)
Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Almeeker-where did you learn to cook so good. Obviously I have never tasted your food but it has to be great!!!! I could never cook stuff like that from taste, I need recipes. Yes you need to start writing the stuff down so you can share it with us.
I think I inherited the cooking gene. It's either that or my mother somehow tricked me into it, and believe me she's a suspicious character. I started learning to cook before I could read or do math, so what I started with is my taste buds, my hands and the good ol' eyeball. The first time DH and I saw Rachel Ray he turned and looked at me and said "OMG she cooks just like you do!" And in the same breath, "So how come you don't have your own TV show?" Honing in to the whole 30 minutes thing was genius. Seriously it never occurred to me that there was any other way to make dinner. Geez, everything my mother ever taught me in the kitchen could be whipped up in 30 minutes or less, except holiday cooking and canning recipes - which take longer cause they're supposed to.

The apple goods turned out beautifully. I always make apple butter and apple sauce at the same time, because I strain the sauce to thicken it and use the liquid for apple butter. My fam likes their apple sauce with brown sugar, tons of cinnamon and big chunks of apples, it's really more like canned pie filling than it is apple sauce. This year in a stroke of genius I added caramel liquor to the apple butter, so now I have "caramel apple butter" which is low sugar but no one would ever suspect.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Goals this week:

Try calorie cycling Tues, Thurs, Saturday.
Exercise: videos 2x during weekdays. JUST DID A VIDEO! SO BORING! I need a winter solution.
Run or videos 2x during weekend.

One more new goal: like my body the way I am. I like the videos b/c the women are usually strong and healthy and not these emaciated waifs (like the ridiculous "Real Housewives" types of women). After a video I usually feel good about myself but then I go to work and I have all these co-workers that are size 00 or some of them have to buy teenager and juniors clothes b/c they are so thin. On the other hand, they can't even run one mile!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker, If I hadn't just stuffed myself on homemade gluten free brownies, I would be asking you to mail me some caramel apple butter. Sounds delicious!!

I knew I should have listed my goals earlier today and maybe I would have stayed out of the brownies.

1. 96 oz of water a day.
2. Workout (alt. cardio/weights) 5 days.
3. No dessert food!
4. Veggies at lunch and dinner.
5. Extra abs.I am really trying to attack my middle
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

LOL, the caramel apple butter has been a huge hit. I watch a toddler, she's sometimes a bit fussy when it comes to eating. Today she ate an entire jelly sandwich, and then signed "more" + "eat" + "please". She only says about 3 words verbally, but she signs like a champ. Then I picked her brother up from school and he's super picky and at first complained that I never have any "normal" jelly. I asked him what flavor "normal" jelly is and he said "red". Then I fed him a small spoonful of caramel apple butter, and right after that he ate a whole sandwich too. So he agreed that tomorrow he's going to try another one of my strange jellies, maybe he'll branch out to blueberry, fingers crossed here.

Hey, mambogirl do you have celiac? We did the GF diet here in our house for about 4+ years. Our oldest was allergic to wheat and pretty much anything that could be substituted for wheat. She outgrew it for the most part, the funny thing is our youngest won't touch bread. We only had GF bread in the house until she was 3ish, so anything heavier like bagels or homemade whole wheat is fine, but you can forget giving her that squishy white bread. Fine by me.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-08-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. Yes
2. Drink 2 1/2 - 3 big blue water bottles a day. No
3. Take vitamins. Yes
4. Get at least 25 g fiber in per day. Yes-34
5. Floss nightly. Yes
6. Stay on the exercise schedule (two days tennis, two runs, two strength days). Yes
7. At least five fruit and veggie servings daily. Yes
8. Work on the billing I've been putting off. Yes

Better than I expected, for a Monday, anyway.

I have to say, with regard to being sick, that I think all my healthy changes over the past year paid off. This bug has gone through a lot of people I know, and it's knocked them out for 3-4 days. I had one really bad day and one "take it slow" day and was done, and my symptoms weren't nearly as bad, either. So if you ever wonder why you're doing all this, it sure seems like it makes a difference other than how you look in your jeans .

Be well, all, and have a great Tuesday!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone survived another Monday. My DD had a great idea about Mondays. She said everyone should be able to go to school/work late on Mondays so you could sleep in. Genius.

Here is my report card for Monday:

1. Calories at 1500-BIG FAT NO-about 2,000
2. 128 oz of water-YES
3. Exercise 1 hour-YES
4. Do not get on any scales!!!!-Check, Tuesday-well lets just say DH didnt hide them!
5. Stay positive and motivated-YES

I am going to do better today with my calories. I brought all my food with me to work today. Which I did yesterday also but I got upset shortly before lunch so I being an emotional eater just didnt want the salad. I went to Boston Market with the intentions of getting turkey, garlic dill potatoes, and steam veggies. Of course they were out of the two sides so I replaced them with creamed spinach and corn. Wow, I was shocked to see that I ate 830 calories for lunch!!!! Oh well its not going to get me down. I did pretty good for dinner and back with it this morning.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, 1,800 SS. 2,199
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES
3. Get to the pool 2 times. YES
4. Cardio or aerobics 4 hours. 45 min
5. Weightlifting 2 times 15 min
6. Clean out my closet NO
7. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill NO
8. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. The parts are going to cost more than a new elliptical, so new goal: call dad and see if he can do some welding for me.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-09-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Still down

Another day of being ill. Still have a feaver and coughing and sneezing constantly. Even water doesn't taste good, but my goal today is to get more fluids than I did yesterday, which wasn't enough. Hubby is a little put off because "I'm home from work and he's not". I guess when us ladies are sick we're supposed to push through it and take it in stride. I've found that doesn't work so well after 45. Have to get your rest or the body won't cooperate and heal itself.
I did read something in a magazine this morning that helped me, though. A woman had gained some weight and was frustrated about not looking nice until she could lose it again. The advice to her was to keep trying and focus on the the things she does like about herself. Even to write them down. Beautiful hair or skin, nice voice, friendly attitude...things like that. We are all special for different things and beautiful for different things, too. Only we compare our beauty or talent to someone else. I can honestly say that I have never seen any one of the ladies on this thread, but I admire so much the cooking talents, motivational inspiration, achieved goals, sense of humor, and so many wonderful things that make you individually special. It makes it a beautiful world to have so much diversity, don't you think? I've come up with another goal for today....I'm going to look for the "hidden" beauty in myself and not what I so negatively see in the mirror.
Have a great day!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Everyone's starting the week with some good things I'm going to take Darlean's post and throw down a challenge...

Post here, for everyone to see, three things that are really awesome about yourself...one character trait, one physical feature, and one major accomplishment. Ready...GO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.