Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Daily accountability buddy or small group? >

Daily accountability buddy or small group?

Community
Notices

Daily accountability buddy or small group?

Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Daily accountability buddy or small group?

Hi, I'd love to lose 30 lbs. and I work best if I have someone to be accountable to. I was in the thread 7 day motivational challenge thread and I LOVED it but I had a bad week last week, and I'm feeling a little lost. So I'm looking to jump in it again with someone or a small group that will be willing to post each day with me. I think I just couldn't keep track of the posts and my accountability level went down along with my motivational level and I fell off the bandwagon. So I'm ready to start up again if anyone is interested!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Just post how you are feeling on the motivational thread...that's what I do...and start over. It sucks but always keep trying, even when you have failed or let yourself down. Today is a new day and show your strenght by getting back on the wagon and taking care of yourself
Old 11-04-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Hi, I'd love to lose 30 lbs. and I work best if I have someone to be accountable to. I was in the thread 7 day motivational challenge thread and I LOVED it but I had a bad week last week, and I'm feeling a little lost. So I'm looking to jump in it again with someone or a small group that will be willing to post each day with me. I think I just couldn't keep track of the posts and my accountability level went down along with my motivational level and I fell off the bandwagon. So I'm ready to start up again if anyone is interested!
Come on back over with us. I had a crappy past two days. I actually gained 3lbs back!! Each day I did bad I just got on there and posted and started fresh the next time! Those ladies on there keep us motivated and laughing!! We would love to have you back.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

hey Commit, if you haven't gone back over to the motivation thread then i would be happy to join your little group. I am based in the UK so the timings might be a bit off but I could do with some accountability right now too. I am working towards around 10-15 pounds off for christmas, followed by the same again in the new year. I am carefully counting my calories (thankyou fitday!) and sticking to an average of 1200-1300 each day but somedays more some days less. losing around 2 pounds a week right now, but feel that might be hard this week.

I do an hour of pilates 6 days a week ad walk quite a bit, but can't dop cardio due to tooth sensitivity. yes this sound like a strange excuse but if i get too hot my teeth ache like you wouldn't beleive. dentist can't fix it. i have to work out slow and steady to avoid the pain.

Anyway feel free to get in touch.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Heaven knows I could use some accountability too. I would love to join your little group. I'm actually facing weight-maintenance demons now. It is so much harder than I thought it would be.

I just recently got married, and I managed to successfully lose 30lbs for the big day. I knew that the weight I was at would be impossible for me to maintain after the diet was over, so I set a goal for myself of about 10lbs heavier than where I was at. Well, 10lbs heavier came and went much faster than I expected!

I am acting like a train wreck in the kitchen. I eat everything in sight because "I can now". I'm worried that without a goal/end-in-sight I won't be able to focus like I did to lose the weight.

But I would like to try. I want to commit to trying to stay where I'm at. And some good old-fashioned accountability is what I need. When co-workers bring in the halloween candy and I eat *most* of it when no one's looking - I need to be held accountable!

So commit7780, just tell me where to post, and starting today I'll tell it all!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds fabulous! I think daily accountability works best. Set goals for the day and report on how you did daily. I'd also like to do weigh-ins weekly if you're game. Maybe every Sunday? Starting in a week? My goal with this is to have somebody to be accountable to while at the same time being a cheerleader and support group. Starting tomorrow????
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds fabulous! I think daily accountability works best. Set goals for the day and report on how you did daily. I'd also like to do weigh-ins weekly if you're game. Maybe every Sunday? Starting in a week? My goal with this is to have somebody to be accountable to while at the same time being a cheerleader and support group. Starting tomorrow????
Please, I want to be in this too, I want to lose 5-10 pounds, 5 by Christmas and another few after that. I just can't keep myself on a low calorie diet and I really feel I need some advice. I should stick to 1500s, but just don't.

Yes, starting tomorrow. I look forward to your replies and will post mine, too.

Let's do it!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!!
Thank you, my friend... so my plan for tomorrow is less than 1700cal, 30min sports, eat more veggies. Let me know about yours and let's hope it will work well for all of us!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going on a strict 2 week regimen and modify it when the time comes. I'm on day #3 without caffeine and it's killing me!!! But I want to rid my body of all these toxins and just be healthy! I'm hoping to get pregnant soon and I want my body to be healthy, healthy!!!

So, my daily routine will be something like this:
Protein shake after AM workout with 1 Tbsp. flaxseeds
2 eggs and veggies with flaxseed oil for breakfast
Salad with an apple and 4 oz. of lean turkey for lunch
Protein shake and almonds for snack
Another salad for dinner

I also would like to drink 1 gallon of water a day and be in bed by 9. Exercise every morning and do weekly weigh-ins on Sunday starting next week.

My total calories = 1284
Fat = 61.7
Carbs = 75.3
Protein = 115

I will post every night how I did!!! I can do this!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.