FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2261-7-day-motivational-thread-11-1-10-a.html)

almeeker 11-01-2010 02:11 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

I don't see SusanBfit on this morning and I'm finding this thread really helpful, so here goes nothing:

This weeks' goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, and 1,800 SS.
2. Drink 96 oz water everyday.
3. Exercise M-T-W-Th-S-S, 30 cardio, 15 shoulder, 15 stretching minimum.
4. CLEAN THIS MESSY MESSY HOUSE!!!
5. Plan and prepare healthy dinners.
6. Get to the pool 2x.
7. Order the parts for my broken elliptical.
8. Work very hard toward being a non-nibbler.

Hunny24 11-01-2010 02:43 AM

1) Keep calories under 1500 for the week and post it all under Fit Day since I have been slacking on that
2) Run 4 days this week 4-6 miles and hit the weights two days
3) NO SUGAR OR JUNK!!! This weekend kicked my ass so know I need to kick back in the form of diet and exercise

Not sure why I keep doing this to myself but it gets very dissapointing to let yourself down diet-wise. I am good with the working out but need to really commit to working out 6 days a week for good. Stating fresh today full of motivation so hope it keeps me going all week! Good luck ladies!

gmantych 11-01-2010 03:49 AM

Almeeker-Thank you for starting the thread for this week. I dont think Susan is back until sometime mid-week. My computer at home is driving me nuts. So I am posting a little at work today!

Here are my goals for the week:

1. Calories 1500
2. Exercise 1 hour
3. 128 oz of water
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!

It looks like I had a weight loss last week of 2.2lbs. Yesterday's weight was 215.8. I really enjoy seeing that scale get closer and closer to 200.

Lets have a great week ladies!!!

xarinn 11-01-2010 04:17 AM

Hello all

Glenda- congrats on the weight loss, under 200 will be here before you know it!!

My goals for this week are as follows:

1)Limit myself to 1 piece of halloween candy per day preferably something under 50 cals (I love the mini aero bars)
2)drink over 95 oz of water a day
3) start my Christmas shopping
4) organize my kids drawers and get rid of the clothes that are too small for them
5) under 1400 calories a day

Andrea

Good Luck to everyone!!

mambogirl81 11-01-2010 07:13 AM

Thanks Almeeker. I too am finding this thread helpful.

1. 96 oz of water each day.
2. Stay out of the candy!
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work.
4. No processed foods.
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.

a.vannice 11-01-2010 08:00 AM

I haven't replied to one of these, but i like how it makes me think of my weekly goals instead of my long range goals!!

1. Eat 1200-1300 calories a day
2. Try to finish up Phase One of South Beach (so much meat in my diet aghghgh!! looking forward to meatless monday next week!)
3. Tie up lose ends from the recent move
4. Run (eh, walk/run?) every night this week, try for 3mi each night
5. clean my car!

happy monday :p

cjohnson728 11-01-2010 09:12 AM

Boy do I need one of these this week!

I've been doing okay for the most part, but the past couple weekends have been awful. I have that "slippery slope" feeling and I need to knock out a couple bad habits sooner rather than later:

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.
7. Take my vitamins.

tamisa 11-01-2010 11:53 AM

1. calories/day less than 1600 (already missed that today)
2. 30min walking al least 3days a week
3. get some rest and find some peace with myself

almeeker 11-01-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 24289)
6) stop being so irritable to family even if they sort of deserve it for being so annoying!!!

LOL, maybe I should add that one to my list too!!!

almeeker 11-01-2010 12:48 PM

Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, and 1,800 SS. 1,595
2. Drink 96 oz water everyday. Yes
3. Exercise M-T-W-Th-S-S, 30 cardio, 15 shoulder, 15 stretching minimum. Yes - 1/2 - Yes
4. CLEAN THIS MESSY MESSY HOUSE!!! Cleaned part of one bedroom
5. Plan and prepare healthy dinners. Not really, today was "fend for yourself night"
6. Get to the pool 2x. Not yet
7. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. Not yet
8. Work very hard toward being a non-nibbler. Med

rubypeanut 11-01-2010 12:50 PM

You gals have such great goals! My goals:

1. don't get on my husband's nerves (basically, in his world, don't talk too much)
2. VOTE on Tuesday
3. get over my cold I've just come down with
4. skip coffee and diet coke this week to try to sleep better to help with goal #3

I feel so run-down I don't think I can handle a weight-loss, calorie, or exercise goal.

cjohnson728 11-01-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 24283)
1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29
7. Take my vitamins.Yes

I'm sort of on my exercise schedule; been under the weather today so I made my 5K a brisk walk instead of a jog, and added a mile.

pottersirus 11-01-2010 06:15 PM

@almeeker.... thanks for starting this forum.... i thot there was nt goin 2 b one this week n had joined another one, to keep up wid the wagon... but yes, this forum s definitely gr8 n has helped me a lot ... so keep it cuming :D

btw , wats the challenge this week.... i luv ur challenges almeeker.... they really push us to do btr

1. eat a bowl of fruit yes
2. eat fresh veggies n bean sprouts wid regular lunch yes
3. eat dinner before 8 pm :confused: a bday s waiting for me at midnite ;)
4. drink 2.5 lts of water yes
5. 1 hour workout yes

gmantych 11-01-2010 11:28 PM

Good morning ladies.

Update

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes
3. 128 oz of water-Yes
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!

Today is a busy day at work so hopefully it will keep my hands occupied to not put food in my mouth constantly!!

mambogirl81 11-02-2010 01:36 AM

Good Morning!

Checking in:

1. 96 oz of water each day. YES
2. Stay out of the candy! YES
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work. YES
4. No processed foods. SORT OF
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.NO

Just can't get motivated to clean the bedroom junk. Everytime I look at it I want to take a nap!

Have a great day ladies!

a.vannice 11-02-2010 03:16 AM

good job to everyone!!!

1. Eat 1200-1300 calories a day - 1287
2. Try to finish up Phase One of South Beach (so much meat in my diet aghghgh!! looking forward to meatless monday next week!) - yep, although i'm considering eating a piece of toast with lunch... i want to see if a small amount will cause my blood sugar to start that roller coaster.
3. Tie up lose ends from the recent move - got a couple things done last night
4. Run (eh, walk/run?) every night this week, try for 3mi each night - was out for 45 minutes, did about 2.5 mi.. did some speed intervals.. fun times!
5. clean my car! - um, no.... but there's always today!!

pretty good so far. i just need to push myself with the running!!!

@ canary - what brands of sugar free chocolate have maltitol? that's the same type of sugar that beer is full of, right? if there is a chocolate on the market that will give me beer belly, I must know:p

almeeker 11-02-2010 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by pottersirus (Post 24309)
btw , wats the challenge this week.... i luv ur challenges almeeker.... they really push us to do btr

Okay, but only because you asked for it... Umm let's see. Today's challenge is to clean out one small junky/messy area in your life. Could be the junk drawer, your wallet/purse, sock drawer, closet full of clothes that are waaaayy too big (sorry I'm projecting here), car, back door entrance, etc etc. Just make sure that it's something that's been bugging you for a while, and makes you sigh every time you have to look at it. Set the timer and give it 15 minutes, and see if that doesn't either get the job done, or easily lead into another 15 minutes. Can you tell I'm trying to get my clean diet habits to spill over into the rest of my life?

cjohnson728 11-02-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 24339)
Today's challenge is to clean out one small junky/messy area in your life.

Erm...sick kid...does two trips missing the toilet count???

Guess it hasn't been bugging me long enough to be a legit clean-up.

Durn.

rubypeanut 11-02-2010 11:21 AM

1. don't get on my husband's nerves (basically, in his world, don't talk too much) STAYED HOME SICK TODAY SO HARDLY TALKED AT ALL
2. VOTE on Tuesday DONE!
3. get over my cold I've just come down with TOOK A 3 HR NAP TODAY
4. skip coffee and diet coke this week to try to sleep better to help with goal #3

1 day so far!
I even did a 30 min exercise video today.

It's so much easier to eat well when I'm quiet at home. For some reason, the stress and pace of work makes me just eat and eat by the clock, Pavlovian-style.

Darlean 11-02-2010 12:00 PM

Hi again!

Hi, everyone. Been waaaayy busy this past weekend and didn't have time to post. Did pretty well Saturday on the food, but Sunday was a different story...again. Did try Jillian Michael's Fat Blast and Metabolism Boost this weekend, though. It was a killer!!! I really want to be able to do that someday all the way through without taking a break. That's a good goal for this next year, I guess. Decided to up my calories by a couple of hundred since I wasn't making the 1200 calorie goal and it was only depressing me. Now if I have 1250 I feel like I'm accomplishing something great instead of failing. I know it's a mindset thing, but it seems to help.
canary52, you crack me up! I like the "freezing your butt off" thing. I walk outside on my breaks at work, cold or warm. I'll have to turn around every once in a while this winter to make sure nothing has fallen off and is left behind. Good luck, everyone!!!

cjohnson728 11-02-2010 04:01 PM

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No,Yes
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes, Yes
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes, Yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes, No
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*, No
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29, Yes - 41
7. Take my vitamins.Yes, Yes

So...not a great day. Couldn't even keep to my maintenance level with calories, which were low anyway because of having to skip my cardio class to testify in court today. I could have done something tonight but didn't. Looks like I took care of the little things today but not the big ones, but tomorrow will be better :).

pottersirus 11-02-2010 04:36 PM

i was sick today.... i puked everything tat i had eaten .... was scared to eat anything after tat... i had sum mashed rice n lentils for dinner.... i was nt able to do any of my goals for today ..... wat a day to start my next birth year :(

almeeker 11-02-2010 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 24357)
Hi All,

I took a wonderful walk along the river today. I figured out a new way to get rid of your butt: freeze it off!!!!

So almeeker does switching from summer to winter clothes, donating the old clothes count? How about making the decision that the brown shirt with tiny autumn leaves all over it is not "cute," just "pathetic."

On the brown shirt, I can't say for sure. A bit fashion challenged here, so I usually go with the rule that if it would look festive and appropriate on an elementary school teacher at work during a specific season, it's not okay for me to wear out in public. HTH.

Yes that project totally sounds like it meets the challenge. Say when you're done at your house wanna come over for protein smoothies and a closet cleaning date? Dear Lord grant me the strength to face that closet... It's bad and I'm not exaggerating.

Freezing your butt off is possible? Gotta go, I'm off to buy a much shorter coat!!!

Hope you feel all better today pottersirus.

gmantych 11-03-2010 01:13 AM

Here is my udpate for Tuesday. Not as good as Monday though!

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477, NO
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes, No 30 minutes
3. 128 oz of water-Yes, Yes
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!, No

I dont think today is going to be a good day either. I am feeling bad. I didnt get up this morning and exercise and I didnt bring any good food to work with me because I was running late. :mad: But I am going to do the best I can with what I have!!

I am going to walk when I get home tonight and try to get some good sleep so I will feel better in the morning.

dallyworks 11-03-2010 01:52 AM

Newbie - Can I Play?

Like this concept - Monday was my first "official" day with FitDay and trying to seriously lose these pesky 5lbs - they keep coming back! LOL

1. Keep Calories under 1250 for the day
2. Walk at least 30 minutes
3. NO NIGHT TIME SNACKING (this is my biggest downfall)

Thanks ladies for letting me share!

Kim

mtlgirl 11-03-2010 02:18 AM

Me too!

I just read through this thread and let me say, I think you are all so motivating! Seriously, you ladies rock! So if it's not too late to join in, I'd like to set out a 7-day plan for myself too.

2. Drink 2 litres of water daily.
3. Eat between 1300-1600 calories per day.
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day.
5. Take my vitamins.
7. Renew my iron prescription. (I'm anemic.)

I know I can do this! :p

Have an awesome day, Everyone!

gmantych 11-03-2010 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by dallyworks (Post 24413)
Like this concept - Monday was my first "official" day with FitDay and trying to seriously lose these pesky 5lbs - they keep coming back! LOL

1. Keep Calories under 1250 for the day
2. Walk at least 30 minutes
3. NO NIGHT TIME SNACKING (this is my biggest downfall)

Thanks ladies for letting me share!

Kim

Welcome! This is a great group of ladies. Everyone shares their good and bad days. I know it has helped me stay on track alot more knowing I have to come here to post my results for the day!

gmantych 11-03-2010 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 24416)
I just read through this thread and let me say, I think you are all so motivating! Seriously, you ladies rock! So if it's not too late to join in, I'd like to set out a 7-day plan for myself too.

2. Drink 2 litres of water daily.
3. Eat between 1300-1600 calories per day.
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day.
5. Take my vitamins.
7. Renew my iron prescription. (I'm anemic.)

I know I can do this! :p

Have an awesome day, Everyone!

Its never too late to join! We are glad to have you with us. Its nice to just take this journey one week at a time. If you dont see the results you want one week then just change up your goals a little the next!

gmantych 11-03-2010 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by pottersirus (Post 24399)
i was sick today.... i puked everything tat i had eaten .... was scared to eat anything after tat... i had sum mashed rice n lentils for dinner.... i was nt able to do any of my goals for today ..... wat a day to start my next birth year :(

Happy Belated Birthday! I am sorry you were sick. I hope you feel better today.

mtlgirl 11-03-2010 03:11 AM

Thank you so much, Glenda! And to Pottersirus, I too hope you feel a whole lot better!

susanbfit 11-03-2010 03:32 AM

good morning

I am back from my trip to Anchorage. I will simply state that I did not meet all my travel goals, but I did get a lot of walking in. So I think the most important goal I can set for the rest of this week is dont give up. So here goes.

1) Dont give up.
2) Eat less than 1400 each day.
3) Walk on the treadmill 30 minutes each day
4) Do additional strength training or aerobic exercise each day
5) Catch up on thread postings
6) (Insert Almeeker's challenge :)

Glad to be home! Glad all of you are here to inspire me :)

mambogirl81 11-03-2010 03:54 AM

The sun is shining here so I am trying to motivate myself to get something done!
Hope you are all having a good day.

1. 96 oz of water each day. YES,YES
2. Stay out of the candy! YES,YES
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work. YES,NO
4. No processed foods. SORT OF,YES
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.NO, NO

almeeker 11-03-2010 04:35 AM

Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, and 1,800 SS. 1,595, 2,296 YIKES!!!
2. Drink 96 oz water everyday. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise M-T-W-Th-S-S, 30 cardio, 15 shoulder, 15 stretching minimum. Yes-1/2-Yes, no-no-noYES-YES-YES dragged out some of my old aerobics videos since elliptical is broken,
4. CLEAN THIS MESSY MESSY HOUSE!!! Cleaned part of one bedroom, Yes, cleaned part of the front porch
5. Plan and prepare healthy dinners. No, fend for yourself night, Yes, chuck roast, sweet potatoes, cole slaw
6. Get to the pool 2x. Not yet, No, YES
7. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. No, No
8. Work very hard toward being a non-nibbler. Med, Bad

Yesterday was sort of a disaster, I didn't sleep well on Monday night and dragged the whole day, self medicated with mindless chocolate binge and intentionally skipped the workout because I was sooooo tired. So far today has been better, fingers crossed here, but it could hardly be worse than yesterday.

almeeker 11-03-2010 12:15 PM

OMG, ROFLOL. Almost peed my pants reading that last post canary52. And no I don't think you're old, I completely burst out into "Suddenly Seymore..." the second I read "feed me". I can sing most of the score from that show, okay maybe "sing" is open to definition, but I know the words and I'm not afraid to belt them out. I've done costumes and props for "Little Shop of Horrors" twice, I loved making the Twooie puppets.

I personally don't think "Bummer" dates you too much, now if you had said "Like OMG, Gag me with a spoon", that would clearly indicate a woman of a certain age...

I tell you what, that rule about clothing appropriate for elementary teachers, yeah that has saved me from countless fashion disasters. Those sorts of shirts always catch my eye and I think "oooh, that's really cute". Yes, it's cute on the hanger, but stretched thin across a pair of lopsided DD cups, it's much much less cute.

Hunny24 11-03-2010 02:08 PM

Ok well I haven't posted in a while because its been a terrible week...well terrible since Friday, so almost an entire week. Pretty much am trying to start over with the eating well and running since I took a break on everything good in life since last Thursday night. But I am proud to say that I did run 4 miles tonight and have my 10k to look forward to next Saturday. I am not even weighing myself until then since I think it will take the entire 10 days to get back on track weight wise. But I have set my new and final goal of the year to be at my goal weight of 140 by Christmas instead of Vegas in two weeks....although if I did meet it, it might be an early Christmas miracle. I'm not holding my breath.

Hope everyone's week is going ok or at least better despite the halloween weekend. Keep on keeping on!

Ann

cjohnson728 11-03-2010 02:51 PM

Hunny, I'm slidin' down the slippery slope with you. Hang in there. You and I and everyone else will rein it in and get back on track!

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No,Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes, Yes, No
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes, No (horribly no), Yes
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*, No, Yes
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29, Yes-41, Yes-30
7. Take my vitamins.Yes, Yes, Yes

I couldn't face the water today. I think it was because I had four cups of herbal tea because it was so nasty and raw and I couldn't get warm. I never know whether to count tea as water or not????

PS, I also almost peed myself at Canary's post ;).

Keep on keepin' on; I like it!

mtlgirl 11-03-2010 11:31 PM

Okay so here is my first report card. After one successful day of the 7-day motivational challenge.

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes
2. Drink 2 litres of water daily. Yes
3. Eat between 1300-1600 calories per day. 1580
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. 40 min.
5. Take my vitamins. Yes
7. Renew my iron prescription. (I'm anemic.) Not yet

I am sitting here putting off the 30-day Shred DVD that I am pretty bored with. I think I need to get a new DVD (suggestions are welcome!) But for this morning I will muster up the enthusiasm to get it done. I really much prefer running which is what I did yesterday morning. It's so much more fun!

Have a great day, Everyone! And thanks for all the laughs! What an entertaining thread this is! :o

gmantych 11-04-2010 12:16 AM

Today is got to be a better day!

I got on the scale this morning and almost cried. I really fell off the wagon yesterday, even worse than the day before.

I didn't bring any food with me to work so I took that as a free for all!! I had chinese food yesterday, which I have been craving for a while now. Only one bottle of water, no exercise, chocolate, I can just go on and on! I am sick to my stomach now for how I did yesterday. The scales show a 3lb weight gain. What!!! Is that possible? My hope is that it's alot of water retention from all the salt I had.

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477, NO, NO
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes, No 30 minutes, 0
3. 128 oz of water-Yes, Yes, NO
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!, No, No

I am not giving up though. I did work out for 30 minutes this morning. I had an english muffin with cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast. I am having a salad for lunch. And I plan on drinking all of my water today!!

Hunny24 11-04-2010 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 24494)
I got on the scale this morning and almost cried. I really fell off the wagon yesterday, even worse than the day before.

Hang in there! I am in the same boat as you except mine just lasted an entire week practically. I am mad at myself and now have to spend the next week or two getting back to where I was at. But I know that since I did it once, I can do it again. Good luck!

Hunny24 11-04-2010 01:59 AM

I think I really just can't eat anything with sugar anymore. Trying to keep things to just a bite or a little bit here or there does not work for me anymore. It then makes me want to just keep eating more and more of it. So as much as I hate to admit it, I really need to get rid of it for good. Anyone else feel this way about sugar or other foods? Just in a funk today and sad that all my hard work went down the drain again this past week and will have to start over and bust my ass for the next two weeks to catch up again.