Notices

5-5 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 11/2/2010

Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-5 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 11/2/2010

Hi ladies, what've you got for this week? Happy November to all!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Cassie and everyone yet to check in.

I have been doing well this past week with my eating again, and a pair of jeans that were snug felt better when I put them on yesterday. That being said, I feel like if I weigh myself today and the scale hasn't moved I will be disappointed. I know I get too obsessed with a number, so I am skipping weighing today. I felt so good yesterday when I put the jeans on and they weren't as tight, that I want to hold onto that instead of being discouraged if there hasn't been a number drop.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's week. Have a great day!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

good for you mambo, i agree--keep the happiness w/ you regarding how the jeans fit. the scale will always be there when/if you want to use it!

i am lacking motivation to be strict w/ myself. i ate a lot this weekend and yesterday and this AM. i know i've gained weight. i'm also really enjoying all of the food i'm eating.

i need to cut back and only allow myself treats once in a while. i want healthy to be the norm so that a treat is really a treat!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

As has become the norm for me, I undo every workout with my horrible eating habits. I either eat hardly anything (on the stressful days) or everything in sight (on my days off)... On a brighter note, I'm very happy to report that I finished my first 8k run (about 5 miles, I think) this past Sunday. The course winds itself along the river banks of my hometown and across a couple of rivers - I actually had to jog over four bridges in order to complete it!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Smart girl, Mambo. I think that is a great way to look at things. I like your quote, too, Julia, about a treat really being a treat. I can relate this week...been enjoying the food I'm eating too much and have lapsed into nightly frozen yogurt. It's fine once in a while; daily is too much.

Nice job on the run, MollySue! I can't even get my head around running five miles. I am thrilled with 5K! Got a couple races coming up end of Nov./early Dec.; hopefully I will follow through and will do an official race for the first time.

The past two weekends have kicked my tail...out to eat, socializing, then the "what the heck, I've already blown it" attitude. Not taking my own advice! I put some goals up in the 7-day motivational thread that will hopefully help me stay on track now .
Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Haven't checked in in a while, but I am glad to know you all are here. I could so relate to what people have said so far. Mambo, about the scale not moving - it is so hard! I have tried so hard to not focus on the scale and I think I've gotten a lot better. Still, when I don't see any movement it is so discouraging and hard to keep my motivation. Cassie and Julia, I could relate to what you guys said about the snacking and needing to rein it in. I have trouble at night especially and I have trouble with sweets - even a small sweet thing sends me snacking on everything and feeling crappy. So I'm struggling. The good news is that I am working out a lot and feeling good about that.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

I suppose this is my first check in with the group. Thanks for welcoming me in. Super-congrats on your run MollySue. I am a runner myself and will be traveling up to NYC this weekend to run the ING NYC Marathon. Training for a marathon actually packs on pounds instead of taking them off (I won't bore you with the details). So, I am carrying about 10lbs more than I would like. My goal after this marathon is to really pay attention to what I am eating and log my foods so I can see how everything adds up. It is so hard to say no to the chocolate and sweets when you feel you deserve it. But, junk food is junk food no matter how hard you work out or how far you run. I also bought a fancy schmancy new scale and hope this this will all help me get to the feeling that Mambo describes above.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Current Weight / Starting Weight: 131
1st Goal Weight: 125 by 3/31/2011
Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

I've been quite depressed and my eating habits went on with no improvement; but there's a new day tomorrow. I hope for the best!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Can I Join?

Hi - I'm Kim - WAHM to Harlyn and Hayden - struggle with the same 5lbs over and over - was heading down the right path then sidetracked by Halloween. Right now at 126 and aiming to reach 120 by Thanksgiving - might be a stretch.

My biggest problem is night time snacking - I'll be great all day - way under calorie count - and tell myself it's okay to have a Luna Bar, then a small kit kat and a handful of starbursts cause I still have "almost 1000 left in the day" - but it doesn't work. I know from past experience if I REALLY want to lose the weight i have to cut out the snacking...period.

Wish me luck - I hope to come back and post on Monday at 125...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Kim, glad to have you here. You can do this!

One thing I might suggest is not to "hoard" your calories till the end of the day. I did this forever and it never worked. If you are at the end of the day with almost 1000 left, that means your body is going on too much of a deficit by the end of the day and is going to be craving more to make up for it. So maybe, instead of cutting out snacking, you spaced good healthy snacks through the day, you would be less likely to eat as much at night. The days I make an effort to eat more during the day are the days I don't feel as inclined to eat more at night.

I know you didn't ask for advice but I had to post this because it is SO MUCH my pattern if I don't pay attention to it. Feel free to take it or leave it, and good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.