Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - thanks for the suggestions! I will certainly try them. 20 lbs is not realistic now because I spent the whole stinking month of October loosing the same 4 lbs over and over again..boo hoo. I really should throw the scale out ..... but i won't lol.

Christine.... have you tried eating more calories? does it work? I am terrified of increasing my calories... but if you did it and it worked, that would be great! I am always up for eating more lol!

well, now that the last little one is in bed, off to the gym!

Thanks again for the suggestions you guys.

Heather
Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kisami
It's funny because I read this thread every day, but yet I rarely post. I'd like to try to get more involved since I've definitely been needing the 'extra shove' lately. I'm still doing well with my food choices and nutrition, which never seems to be much of an issue for me... but lately my motivation to exercise has been slim to none. I still do it every day, but it's rare that I actually want to do it. In good news though, I'm 1.5 lbs away from being "overweight" instead of "obese."

I am also SO FRICKIN' EXCITED about Christmas and New Year's! I love this time of year and all the festivities. Does anyone else get as excited as I do? :P I seriously put my decorations up the day after Halloween.
Awesome job on losing down to the overweight catergory!! I cant wait to see that little arrow move away from obese. I have a really hard time accepting that term.

Yeh we get pretty excited about Christmas also. I have yet to let DH put any decorations up although he has tried. We have so many yard decorations and lights outside. We cant afford the power bill but for only one month. Our light bill last year was over $500.00 I will have to post pics on here this year.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Clothes Shopping

I would like to ask for suggestions for plus-size shopping. I have a really hard time finding stores with a style I like. I basically shop the sales at Plus Size Women's Clothing: jeans, tops, jackets, sweaters, and shirts at CJ Banks Plus Size Clothing Store.But they don't always have the style or price I am looking for. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default oops!

Holy cow! That link was supposed to say Plus Size Women's Clothing: jeans, tops, jackets, sweaters, and shirts at CJ Banks Plus Size Clothing Store.. Who knows what I did wrong! LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

My favorite plus size clothing store is Elizabeth. I love their stuff and it holds up forever, and they carry petite sizes. I also quite liked Fashion Bug, Dress Barn, JC Penny and The Avenue. At Fashion Bug if they don't have your size/color whatever in the store (but they can find it one in their inventory), they will ship it to your house for free - bonus! Penny's will also ship to your house.

I had less luck at Catherine's and Lane Bryant. The clothing at Catherine's was usually really embellished, I can't explain other than to say it was a little OTT for my taste. I found the Lane Bryant clothes always looked like a sack on me, but I'm short so I really need petite sizes and they never seem to have any.

I usually can find stuff I like at CJ Banks, but I've had a horrible time with their clothing shrinking/shortening over time, especially the shirts. And I'm 5'-2", so if I'm complaining about something getting short, that's a pretty serious problem.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

I have never heard of Elizabeths or CJBanks? Either I am very sheltered lately or it is only in certain areas?

I shop at The Avenue, both in person and online. There is also 2 sites similar to Avenue online that I believe carries sizes 12 ( or 14) to 5X. One is:
Woman Within at:Plus Size Clothing at Woman Within®

and the other is: One Stop Plus:
Plus Size Clothing, Lingerie, Accessories & Wide Width Shoes for Women; Big & Tall Clothing for Men at OneStopPlus.com

One Stop Plus also carries links to a BIG Guy site (King Size) ( and there is also a homegoods site called BrylaneHome ®)

All these sites/places carry more 'modern' styles ( as opposed to the burlap bag style) and run from tasteful to a little OOT for their younger customers. They all also offer Petite. Be sure to check out their sizing charts because they run differently than in most stores.. they run a little larger.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Elizabeth is Liz Claiborne, for queen size women. I have no idea if it's only in certain regions, either way I'm sure there is a website. Awesome store, no matter your age. It's usually classic/classy/chic stuff, lots of options for work and casual. Today I took the last of my plus size clothes to a consignment shop, and the lady was all like blah blah blah, explaining how they can't always sell everything, yadda yadda yadda. I sort of waved her off and went out to the car to get my heap and she was all like "holy moly it's all Elizabeth, forget what I said earlier, this will sell no problem, especially in this size". She's a little bit off, some of it was from JC Penny's, but all really nice stuff. I used to have to dress in hose and heels everyday, and on top of that we had routine black tie affairs.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

I have messed up so badly! It's been 10 days since my b-day and I havent been able to get back on track. My brain says whoa!!! stop this chit.. my tummy is saying "I am not hungry! stop it!!", but another part of my brain is saying... I am craving something, don;t know what it is, but I HAVE to find it and wont stop til I do!! It started the 4th. I have eaten allll the bad stuff, frosting ( yes I bought myself a cake after yelling at my guy not to!!) and only ate the frosting. I had cinnamon melts from McD's ( as well as French fries), I have had pizza ( one wouldnt do it, I had to buy 2). Went and found cheap left over halloween candy and gobbled it down. Those are just examples but its been like this non-stop.

I have stopped aquasize. I have stopped Cardio rehab. I am in this huge depression and I dont know why I should be thrilled that I went to the store over the weekend and have gone from a 22/24 jean ( JMS stretch ones) to a 1X (16W) and down in top sizes and bra sizes...and it didnt mean a thing.

I dont know whats wrong. Anyone else go through this??

I looked myself in the mirror this morning and said.. if you dont stop immediately, I will have to go up to Almeekers neck of the woods and let her kick butt!!.. promptly went into the kitchen and ate the last 2 slices of pizza

I feel like I am adrift at sea and know I should be swimming to shore and just lay there floating.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Come on GameGal, get back on the wagon! We miss you up here!

You are doing so well! Don't let yourself fall back!

You can do it!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Pam, I know what you're saying - I went through a similar bout a few weeks ago when I just completely stopped exercising for a couple weeks and was "kind of" on-plan for food. It's hard to say what exactly was going on; I think, for me, I got rather burnt out on focusing so hard on being healthy and exercising and macronutrients and cooking well and making smart choices the few times I do go out and... You get the picture. I think I just got tired of having such a tight focus on it. That feeling did pass and I did get back to exercising and to being diligent about food. Now, I am still focused to an extent on my food/exercise choices, but I am less consumed by all the details of it - which is better for me. Perhaps something akin to this is going on with you? It's tough, but the best way to break out of it is just to force yourself to get back on the wagon. It is really NOT fun the first few days, but you can, and you will, do it. I also felt less than motivated by my accomplishments - while I'm something of a slow loser, I have in fact lost a crapload of inches if not a ton of poundage - but that doesn't always do a lot to motivate me. But I think that has more to do with me having a tendency to downplay my achievements and that I'd like to lose more than 1# a week (if I'm lucky) what with a 1000cal deficit and exercise every day. :P Bah, anyway, not to change the subject! I think you're starting to get back on the wagon just by letting it out and talking about the tough time you're having. Now just get a leg up on the rickety old thing and let your good habits take over again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.