Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-09-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Love the fiber one bars! The dark chocolate almond one is my fave! I only let myself have 1 or 2 a week though!

Hey all - in regards to the protein shakes - I love them, but find they are giving me headaches. I can have one a week, but if I have it 2 or more days in a row I end up with a massive headache for 2 days. Ever heard of that?
Not at all. In fact DH and I both get like a runner's high from them. This past weekend he wasn't feeling well, so instead of reaching for a box of cold meds he made himself a protein shake and like 20 minutes later was all perked up and feeling much better. It's possible that your protein shake powder has something in it that you are allergic to. Try switching brands maybe and see if that doesn't help. Also if you have a borderline milk allergy that could flare up if you are using a "whey" product, so you might try looking for one with a different source of protein like soy or seaweed.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies!

Today is a special day for me. The fat elves visited me over night and stole another pound -- woo hoo! That brings me to 240, which is exactly 100 lbs. away from goal. *does a happy dance*

I'm feeling great, and very confident that I can achieve that goal by 12/31/11. I want to thank each and every one of you for encouraging me along the way. This support has been vital!

As we head into the holiday season, I am not afraid of 'messing up' -- I know I can do this now! And so can you!

Hugs & Well Wishes for a Great Week... keep up the good fight and live healthy.

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

What are you putting in them? Perhaps one of the ingredients, you have a sensitivity to?

Also, this may sound crazy but, if your stress level is usually super high, and one of the ingredients in the shake naturally lowers your BP, that will cause a headache as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Definitely not a milk allergy as I drink milk and eat dairy products all the time.

As for what I put in them, sometimes it is just milk, and sometimes I add frozen fruit. Nothing out of the ordinary.

It lowers BP? Really? I already have low BP, so maybe that is it.

BTW: the one I have is Body Fortress Whey Protein Vanilla

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-09-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

No. I dont know if it lowers BP.. I was saying IF one of the ingredients lowers it, then that could be it.. what I failed to mention is that if one raises the BP.. you will get a headache also. You might take the protein container to your doctor/nutritionist to see if one of the ingredients may be causing it.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
Hey Ladies!

Today is a special day for me. The fat elves visited me over night and stole another pound -- woo hoo! That brings me to 240, which is exactly 100 lbs. away from goal. *does a happy dance*

I'm feeling great, and very confident that I can achieve that goal by 12/31/11. I want to thank each and every one of you for encouraging me along the way. This support has been vital!

As we head into the holiday season, I am not afraid of 'messing up' -- I know I can do this now! And so can you!

Hugs & Well Wishes for a Great Week... keep up the good fight and live healthy.

Best always,
Smoosh
Awesome girlfriend!!!! Doing a happy dance for you. Alright I did well today myself so I'm gonna do the happy dance for both of us. And there's an extra cha-cha-cha for some more downward scale motion tomorrow morning.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Ok so i am not the type to ask for help but I am SOOOO Frustrated! And you ladies are such success stories!

So, in August I had emergency gall bladder surgery - i had already quit drinking diet pop ( of course switching to regular didn't exactly help the weight lol) I had to wait 4 days in the hospital for the surgery during which time i was NPO (nothing by mouth)....4 days... so i decided now that my stomach had shrunk and I had detoxed from the caffine addiction, good time to get serious about being healthy right?

The first 25 lbs just flew off (from 250 to 225) .Of course I was recovering from the surgery and all.. But then things slowed down... I joined fitday Oct 3 to try and continue being healthly and loosing weight. In the last month I have managed to loose 7 more pounds - like 5 times - the same 7 lbs that is - well really it is the same last 4 but you get the idea.

I have lost a total of 11.5 inches between my neck and knees. I lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio the other 4. Sometimes I double up ( I have become addicted to the runner's high.. that and going to the gym and having control of the remote lol). Tonight I did 3 miles in 40 minutes on the eliptical at a resistance of 3 which I would have died trying to do a month ago.

I keep the calories at around 1200 a day with usually 50% carbs, 30% protein (and without the shakes I would never even get there lol) and 20% fat. I am eating a lot healthier than ever in my life.

So there are all these wonderful positives. And I can feel my body changing - I actually have stomach muscles - go figure. BUT the stupid scale just will not cooperate. And I sooo want to be at 200 for christmas.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make the scale move too?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Heather
Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

Firstly I just want to CONGRATULATE you heather.72!!!! Whoo hoo hooo, you go skinny girl!

Secondly, I don't know that dropping another 25 by Christmas is manageable. That would be like 3-4 pounds/week. It only comes off like that in the beginning, so set your sites a little lower and don't get discouraged if it takes more than a couple of months to get down below 200. Having said that I think you are doing very very well and momentarily just suffering from a really frustrating plateau. You might want to zig zag your calories a little more, or try a couple of days/week where you boost your protein intake to 40% and make sure that you drink all your water. Base line 64 oz/day + another 8 oz for every 10 pounds you want to lose. I have 32oz cup I carry everywhere I go, and I make sure it's gone before I eat my next meal. The other thing you might want to try is to increase your caloric intake. The human body is an amazing thing and it goes into conservation mode rather quickly for some of us. At 1,200 calories I doubt I would lose weight especially on your workout schedule. You might try increasing to 1,300-1,400 calories for a couple of days and then drop down again to 1,200. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to eat more in order to lose weight, but if nothing else is working give it a shot. Also I should warn you that we ladies also have weight fluctuations around that time of the month. So check the calendar and see if that might be your culprit. I also have to keep track of the poo, if I don't go for a day or two, I'm up by a pound/day at least. You also can use fitday to track your fiber intake and if that's not high enough you might want to add oatmeal, apples and fiber bars (a nod to nru LOL) to your daily regimen. Oh, I almost forgot, change up your workout, keep all those beautifully toned muscles confused and working hard. Good luck honey and keep us posted.

You also have to keep in mind that the scale is just a number, it's a tool to track your progress, and should not be the center of your universe. So if you need to put that stupid thing in the attic, (trunk of the car, basement, neighbors house, under a rock etc etc) for a few weeks at a time, do it. It helps me to think of this not as a "diet" but as my set of new healthy habits, and I always feel good about a successful day of eating right and exercising. I figure that as long as I'm on track more often than not, eventually the scale will show me the number I want to see.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-09-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heather.72
Ok so i am not the type to ask for help but I am SOOOO Frustrated! And you ladies are such success stories!

So, in August I had emergency gall bladder surgery - i had already quit drinking diet pop ( of course switching to regular didn't exactly help the weight lol) I had to wait 4 days in the hospital for the surgery during which time i was NPO (nothing by mouth)....4 days... so i decided now that my stomach had shrunk and I had detoxed from the caffine addiction, good time to get serious about being healthy right?

The first 25 lbs just flew off (from 250 to 225) .Of course I was recovering from the surgery and all.. But then things slowed down... I joined fitday Oct 3 to try and continue being healthly and loosing weight. In the last month I have managed to loose 7 more pounds - like 5 times - the same 7 lbs that is - well really it is the same last 4 but you get the idea.

I have lost a total of 11.5 inches between my neck and knees. I lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio the other 4. Sometimes I double up ( I have become addicted to the runner's high.. that and going to the gym and having control of the remote lol). Tonight I did 3 miles in 40 minutes on the eliptical at a resistance of 3 which I would have died trying to do a month ago.

I keep the calories at around 1200 a day with usually 50% carbs, 30% protein (and without the shakes I would never even get there lol) and 20% fat. I am eating a lot healthier than ever in my life.

So there are all these wonderful positives. And I can feel my body changing - I actually have stomach muscles - go figure. BUT the stupid scale just will not cooperate. And I sooo want to be at 200 for christmas.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make the scale move too?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Heather
I had the same problem. I was working out 5 days a week at lunch for 45 mins each and I was not losing weight. I was even measuring myself and still nothing. I went and saw a dietician and she told me I was not eatting enough. She put me on a 1600 cal/day diet and said that with workingout 5 days a week should get me to lose 2 pounds a week. I am 5'6, large frame, 236lbs
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny because I read this thread every day, but yet I rarely post. I'd like to try to get more involved since I've definitely been needing the 'extra shove' lately. I'm still doing well with my food choices and nutrition, which never seems to be much of an issue for me... but lately my motivation to exercise has been slim to none. I still do it every day, but it's rare that I actually want to do it. In good news though, I'm 1.5 lbs away from being "overweight" instead of "obese."

I am also SO FRICKIN' EXCITED about Christmas and New Year's! I love this time of year and all the festivities. Does anyone else get as excited as I do? :P I seriously put my decorations up the day after Halloween.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.