Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

chunky, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I think it's great that you are taking the reins back in hand, you're right, dad wouldn't want you to give up on account of him. Calories will not help you mourn, even if they seem like they might. So forgive yourself for the derailment, and get your fanny back to the gym and make dad proud.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

*caring hugs CD* I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. It's very difficult to lose a loved one, especially a parent or child. I hope you are surrounded by loving family & friends, and I'm sure he is still near in spirit. Please take care sweetie and don't be too hard on yourself for the 'brief hiatus' in diet/exercise. It's only natural during stressful times.
My prayers are with you.

Hard to believe it's November 1st. I am 3 months, as of today, in to my healthier lifestyle -- and while it's all going well -- I have gotten rather busy in RL with work, which is why I haven't been posting as regularly. While I didn't achieve my mini-goal of 235 lbs. by 10/31, I have lost 1 more pound, and am down to 241. So I've extended my wish for 235 until the end of November and will keep working towards that mini-mark. Total pounds lost since 8/1 = 24... woo hoo!

I am not too worried about the holiday season, only because DH and I tend to be hermits and we live too far from relatives to be tempted or participate in fattening festivities. It's a good/bad problem.

I was proud that DH didn't buy any candy at his store for Halloween... something he usually does... especially when it goes on 'deep discount' after the holiday. What did he buy instead? A new digital scale! HOORAY!

Well, I wish everyone a great week and strong willpower to do what needs to be done to get where we want to go! WE CAN DO IT!

I will try to post again soon, but please know I am thinking of all of you and cheering us on, even when I'm unable to make it to the thread.

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

You're darn right that there's no stopping us now!

I managed to make it in the 330's this past weekend, and hoping to stay there (or lower!); however, I did some sort of damage to my left leg/ankle/foot that is making walking for exercise very difficult. I'm trying to get out a little bit, but for the next 2 days I think I'm work-ridden for the most part, until I see the good doctor on Wednesday.

CD, my thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are with you. Welcome back!

Haven't been too great on the water front, and I've been a little lenient with the diet lately, so back on track. Right now.

But for now, bed. Here's for a great day tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad CD. For many people part of the grieving process includes emotional eating, so definitely don't be too hard on yourself for gaining back a few pounds. You're getting back on track and you're still motivated so a big thumbs up to you! And I'm sure your Dad would be very proud that you're taking control and getting your life back.

Urgh, I'm struggling to balance work, exercise and healthy eating! I haven't gained, but I'm seeing tiny losses in comparison to when I was in the gym 7 days a week and it's so frustrating! I was hoping to get under 200lbs for my birthday in March, but the way I'm heading at the moment I just won't make it and I loath that fact! Seems like when I'm working even 2 days a week I want to spend my time off at home, and not in the gym even though I do enjoy it when I'm there. I have no energy and no drive, and I would probably stop going if I wasn't such a stubborn cow! Anyone got any tips that will help me stay motivated and maybe food ideas that will keep my energy levels up?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Well, I fell off the wagon and gained back almost 3 lbs. However, the whole entire month of Oct. was pretty much off the wagon, so I guess it could be worse.
My father passed away in the middle of Oct, unexpectedly. Since then, I have done nothing but eat- I know- I am depressed. So yesterday I started back with recording what I was eating, and I am getting myself back on the wagon. I know my dad would not want me to just give up on everything!
I am tired all the time, and I'm sure that is partly because I'm drained emotionally, and partly because I am eating CRAP! I haven't been to the gym all month either. *sigh*.
I'm a bit disappointed in myself because I am not where I wanted to be by now. I was hoping to be at 313 by Halloween, and then see the 200's into the new year. however, on the bright side, i am almost 40 lbs less than I was 3.5 months ago. Also, I have made a habit of weighing myself daily and although I have let myself gain a few lbs here and there, I am have learned to take control after a 5 lbs gain.
I know I can get back on track and see 313 (a 50 lb loss) sooner rather than later!
Going back to the gym and healthy eating will make you feel better about yourself and then you will not be so sad anymore. You get those happy endorphins when you excerise, I would say you are getting there since you are back on track for Nov.

I seriously fell off the wagon because of the halloween candy! I have a huge bag of it at home because I have 2 kids. I can not resist chocolate in my house lol.

Anyway keep your chin up and get back in the gym and eating healthy and then you will feel better.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Urgh, I'm struggling to balance work, exercise and healthy eating! I haven't gained, but I'm seeing tiny losses in comparison to when I was in the gym 7 days a week and it's so frustrating! I was hoping to get under 200lbs for my birthday in March, but the way I'm heading at the moment I just won't make it and I loath that fact! Seems like when I'm working even 2 days a week I want to spend my time off at home, and not in the gym even though I do enjoy it when I'm there. I have no energy and no drive, and I would probably stop going if I wasn't such a stubborn cow! Anyone got any tips that will help me stay motivated and maybe food ideas that will keep my energy levels up?
Maybe you need a new workout ensemble? I bought some new sweat pants today in a size smaller than I normally wear, and now I want to put them on and see if I can wear them in public. BTW Fashion Bug's "Must Have Buy" this week is $9.00 sweat pants with a draw string waist, ours only had them in black, gray and navy, which works for me since I would never wear them in hot pink or sunshine yellow anyway. You might also load some new tunes on to your music player, that usually helps me get it going when I'm in a slump. Call a friend and schedule a workout date. Get some new workout materials, like new heavier weights, or a new body ball, or maybe a new workout DVD you've been wanting to try. Or if you don't want to spend any money for motivation try checking a couple of new DVD's out of the library.

Seriously cows aren't stubborn, they are actually quite gentle and smart. If you want compare yourself to a stubborn animal look to the goat, or pig, or Scottish husband (speaking from experience here).

On energy foods I personally do best with a mixture of ingredients. Like egg white omelets with chicken, cheese, salsa, peppers, onions and fat free sour cream, served with whole wheat tortillas. When I eat meals that are a balance of carbs-proteins-fats, I feel much more energetic. I also like a piece of fruit to bounce me back up, apples, bananas, cherries, blueberries, etc etc. You might also whip up a protein shake with frozen fruit and vanilla protein powder. Nuts are also a nice boost, almonds and cashews are my favorite. Deviled eggs are also top notch for a boost, I can't believe I almost forgot them...

Last edited by almeeker; 11-02-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Back in the saddle again.

Well, hallow!(e'en) Just touching base and letting you know I am slowly climbing out of my self-inflicted 'candy coma'! I tell you - I am not to happy with myself and definitely not as strong as Smooshs' DH! I was buying the discount candy for my own DH - uh huh, yea, guess you all know the rest of THAT story. Due to the above my glucose counts are out of whack (diabetes) and this then triggered all the bad side effects like depression, anger, overwhelmed feelings. Mind you I can not blame Oct 31st as I have been doing it all month. It is like I reached my Sept goal of 230# and got stuck there. No plateau, just was so happy that I figured I was over losing weight - it was all down hill from there, BUT - I am back.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Seriously cows aren't stubborn, they are actually quite gentle and smart. If you want compare yourself to a stubborn animal look to the goat, or pig, or Scottish husband (speaking from experience here).
I'm engaged to a Scottish bloke and I do agree that he is stubborn! ...But I like it. A'hem.

Thank you for all the advice! I've been buying smaller gym clothes for the past few weeks, and I really love how I'm fitting into sizes I was wearing when I was about 16. I think the fact that I am back where I was 8 years ago has made me slack a little? I'm definitely not satisfied with my body as it stands though!!!

I need an MP3 player desperately! I didn't have any pockets in my old gym clothes so I had to stuff it down my bra during workouts, and I think that all the sweat sent it the way of the Dodo. It's on my list of things to buy after Christmas. I have been trying new classes though, and trying to change up/alternate my routine seems to have done the trick today at least.

I've been struggling to hit my protein intake of 100g+ a day, so from tomorrow onwards I'm going to be substituting my lunchtime sandwich for a protein shake. Once I've got a blender I may add berries to it as it's not too tasty. Hopefully it'll give me more energy too.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all... usually i just read and take inspiration from all of you ladies. (almeeker you are my HERO) but i can actually contribute something useful here...

walmart has the best blender for protein shakes! It is only $15.00 and it is a cup (with lid like a travle mug) that sits on the blender motor. You dump your stuff in, put on th elid, set the cup on the motor and blend away and then you take the cup off the motor and out the door you go. The only way I can get enough protein is with the shakes. And personally I think the power mixed with water is nasty. I asked for help on here (there is a thread under foods I think) and got wonderful suggestions. So now every morning my breakfast is a protein shake - 8 oz milk, 1/2 cup non fat yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1 scoop of protein powder. It makes the BEST smoothies! And i drink it on the way to work in the truck lol.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey girlies, I'm having a rough day. Dunno why, just am. It's that blasted Halloween candy, sakes alive it's in every corner of the house!!! For starters I didn't sleep at all well last night, for no apparent reason I was up until 2:15am and finally got so hungry at midnight that I ate soup and crackers, not a lot of calories, but I started the day 250 calories over where I normally do. So I got up late on purpose and skipped my morning workout. Food wise was doing really really well all day and then I got hit with a bad case of the 2:00pm blahs and wham, just like that I'd downed 4 "Fun Size" bars and was going in for the 5th when I realized that I had just consumed an extra 320 calories on a day when I already could not afford it. To make it worse dinner was already cooking, and wouldn't you know it's a chuck roast. Normally I don't make big meat during the week, but one of the kids left the basement deep freeze ajar and it got thawed out and had to be cooked or tossed, so tight wad fat girl that I am, I cooked it with a delish steak sauce marinade, along with sweet potatoes praline and homemade freezer slaw (which also got thawed out). The sweet potatoes are sort of high calorie wise, especially once you drizzle them with maple syrup and toss on fist fulls of pecans and dried cranberries. The slaw isn't bad, but it's made with a sweet pickle solution (sugar+vinegar+salt), so it's more carbs than just plain cabbage. I actually finished the day at a surplus rather than a deficit. Which just goes to show how important sleep can be in this journey.

heather.72, thanks so much for your compliment. I'm going to Walmart tomorrow, I think I need one of these fabulous mug+motor devices. Genius!!! You my friend need to post more often...

carrenross, don't beat yourself up too much over Halloween. The way I see it, Halloween is supposed to be scary. Glad to hear that you're back in the saddle. I know this feeling you're talking about, the slack back a bit because you've hit a goal. Right now I weigh less than I have in decades. Which is all very nice, but I'm still not at a healthy weight for my height. My ultimate goal is not to be skinny, but to be healthy. I think my dedication wavers because I'm now treading in unknown water, and quite frankly that is scarier than Halloween.

Boo, I have a favorite quote on the Scotts, it goes like this, "How can you tell a Scottsman? Oh you can tell him alright, not that he'll listen..." Carve that in stone over the mantel, it will come in handy. The funny part is that my dad's family is 100% Irish, and my mother's family is German, so you would think I'm the stubborn one, but you'd be dead wrong. I've had that same problem with at least 2 MP3 players, sweat kills them, it kills headphones too. I go through more headphones than 6 women should. DH has joked about buying earbuds by the score, I wish he'd stop joking and just do it already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.