Notices

Pregnant and Breastfeeding?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Pregnant and Breastfeeding?

Hi there,
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I still breastfeed my son, who is 19 months (and starting to nurse less frequently). I decided to sign up for fit day so that I could keep track of the calories and nutrients I'm consuming. I also try to run on a regular basis, though I've been doing less running and more walking the last week or two (first trimester fatigue).

When I was pregnant with my first son, I gained a lot of weight. I went from 155 lbs to 197 lbs. My doctor was pretty concerned. So this time around, I really want to make sure I am exercising and eating well.

Anybody else out there in a similar boat to mine?

Any good recipes to add a extra protein, but not the protein powder kind (still have to ask doc about that...)?

How about some foods that are toddler friendly?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

hi, i gave birth 6 weeks ago (my 3rd child) and am just starting with dieting and exercise. I put on almost 18kg during pregnancy, half was gone after birth but i still have some 9kg (18lb) to lose. I am breastfeeding and am pretty active, walking about 2hrs a day and 3-4 sessions of 30min cardio per week, but instead of losing, i actually gained 2lb! My BMI is 33, horrid!