FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Weight Loss Buddies? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2237-weight-loss-buddies.html)

rubypeanut 11-02-2010 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by pottersirus (Post 24308)
@tamissa, hey i m on the same boat like u.. except tat i m still unmarried... but i ve a thesis to complete..... gud news s my proff jus approved of al my results.... so, now its jus typing n the defending part :) a better happy news s tat i stuck to my goals n dint involve in any indulgence aftr hearing this news ...... Hurray !!

i had my bowl of fruits n veggies today wid the sprouts.... kept me filled n also restricted my carb intake.... had my share of 2.5 litre too....n yeah ! had a gr8 workout doing TKB at the group fitness club today..... so far, so good

its my bday 2row.... i m quiet not sure abt the "not eating after 8pm" part... but i ll try nt to binge in a lot

Fuzzy, there's room for everyone!
I'm married, one four year old, have a ridiculously long commute which cuts into activity time.
When I was in grad school I was about 30 pounds heavier than I am now from stress and funny hours and late nights writing papers and snacking while reading. I used to work late into the night and then go across the street to 24-hour BK and get 2 whoppers w cheese and huge fruit punch and fries and eat the whole thing! !

Things got MUCH better when I was done w school and had a routine schedule. I also went backpacking once a year and would lose 10 pounds two years in a row while backpacking without "trying" (we were hiking 10-15 miles a day with 50 pound packs) and then just tried to maintain those weights. I haven't been camping since my daughter was born so have been trying to monitor calories and exercise.

derellal 11-02-2010 02:52 PM

I have almost 80 pounds to lose but I could do that if you could do the same for me.

GroovyGreenTea 11-03-2010 12:50 PM

weight loss buddy

Hi,

I do better when I have someone to be accountable too! I need to lose 7 pounds.

Tomorrow I am:
eating a kiwi and banana for breakfast
Running 4-5 miles
20 minutes of abs
having a protein shake for lunch
eating a salad for dinner
eating a LF peanut butter sandwich for an evening snack
taking my calcium supplements
drinking 60 ounces of water

Whew!!

Ok your turn and be specific, it works better that way, honest planet....I'll chat with you tomorrow....GOOD Luck!

GroovyGreenTea

derellal 11-03-2010 02:16 PM

This sounds like me, I ate over 2000 calories today and I always feel crappy after that. I am always so tired and I am sure that if I ate better maybe I wouldn't be so tired. I hopw that all of you have a better day tomorrow, I am going to do my best.

GroovyGreenTea 11-04-2010 11:14 AM

Day Two - Weight Loss Buddies

Hi Everyone,

I want some chocolate....

I have been good today. I weigh in tomorrow, I only do it once a week otherwise I get depressed and say what the heck and start eating...

Met my goals from yesterday, ate 1200 healthy calories and ran 5 miles.

Tomorrow:

English muffin and kiwi for breakfast
Run 4-5 miles
20 minutes abs
protein shake or a LF peanut butter on WH half bagel slice
celery sticks if I get hungry mid afternoon, whoopti-do
pizza night I will only eat 2 pieces, pears later if I need dessert
60 ounces of water

Your next, need specifics, think thin, how do skinny people think

GOOD luck!

GroovyGreenTea

rubypeanut 11-04-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by GroovyGreenTea (Post 24474)
Hi,

I do better when I have someone to be accountable too! I need to lose 7 pounds.

Tomorrow I am:
eating a kiwi and banana for breakfast
Running 4-5 miles
20 minutes of abs
having a protein shake for lunch
eating a salad for dinner
eating a LF peanut butter sandwich for an evening snack
taking my calcium supplements
drinking 60 ounces of water

Whew!!

Ok your turn and be specific, it works better that way, honest planet....I'll chat with you tomorrow....GOOD Luck!

GroovyGreenTea

what a great plan for the day!!!

rubypeanut 11-04-2010 12:44 PM

I need to start making more plans, b/c I just graze and eat at work if I have no plan. Today I ate like, 5 pieces of iced coffee cake and TWO Einstein's bagels w cream cheese, and then had huge lunch and huge dinner (mac and cheese and hamburgers and bacon and wine and chocolate). I am so crazy!!!! I can't stop eating!

At least I just did a 1-hour video, "The Abs Diet for Women Workout." I just got it out of the library and it is GREAT!

Tomorrow:
- oatmeal and milk and coffee for breakfast
- green beans, cheese stick, purple yam, apple for lunch
- going to a food tasting (like tastefully simple) party for dinner, so I'll try to avoid the creamy dips and things.

I think I'll be too sore from today's workout to do much, maybe go for a walk. Sat AM I'll run 4-5 miles.

tamisa 11-04-2010 04:44 PM

I ate 1600 on Wed and 2000 today. My plan for tomorrow:

breakfast: steamed broccoli + one Clif Bar body builders (20g proteins/270cal, 70cal from fat) - approx 400cal
snack: small apple (50cal)
lunch: steamed broccoli with TJ meatless meatballs - approx 400cal
snack: 365 soy crisps (approx 100cal)
dinner: soy milk with Kashi cereals (13g protein/140cal) - approx 400 cal

Let's see if I manage to stick to this plan...

Lots of hugs, my friends, and good luck!!!