Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010

Old 10-26-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys

I forgot to post yesterday but i am in for another week. Unfortunately this week I am off to a bad start, yesterday my day was way of kilter and I wasn't home at meal times and it just really messed me up. I ended up having a major binge at like 9:00 last night and now I feel like crap. But that day is over and a new day has begun and back on track. Today is going much better.

So my goals for this week:

1) lose 2 pounds
2) drink my water through out the day and not just all at night
( seriously I drink like 80 oz after 8:00 and you can imagine how that effects my sleep having to get up so many times...lol)
3) still have that frozen shrimp in my freezer so it is on the agenda again this week
4) in addition to my daily workouts try and do 40 minutes of physical work around the house or outside
5) try to put my laundry away every time I do a load instead of just letting it sit clean in the basket

Good luck to all and good luck to myself!!

Andrea
Old 10-26-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Report card for Monday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, not even close 2,455 (yesterday was my birthday and I did fine until DH made a pan of brownies)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes

I sort of gave myself yesterday off, no exercise, too many calories, etc etc. But a woman's 28th Birthday only comes around once a year, right? Today I don't have any excuses left, so I'm behaving myself. Plus I'm wearing jeans that are giving me a noticeable muffin top, which some how or another is a good incentive to stay out of the leftover brownies.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-26-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Just getting into the forums here but I think this is a great idea!! I definitely need someone/something to keep me accountable. I gave my trainer public access to my profile but I he's been pretty busy and I don't think he's checked it. So here goes:

Drink 72-96 oz of water daily
Keep Calories under 1500
Exercise at least 1 hour per day
Stay Positive!!!

So Monday I did good and today I am on track so far (despite feeling very worn out-is it really only Tues?!)

I love reading what you are all accomplishing!! It is such a great motivator!! Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Tammy
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, new here. I've been trying to keep my daily calories between 1400-1600. I used to do 1200 but that's way too extreme for me right now. I'm shooting to just really monitor and record everything, since I'm really just starting out (even though I've been a member for a while). So far I'm noticing that I must have been taking in a ginormous amount of calories before, because I'm hungry even at this rate. Ugh. I'm also trying to throw in some calisthenics every day - at least 10 minutes to start...

Nice to meet you all.

-Sarah

Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Report card for Monday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, not even close 2,455 (yesterday was my birthday and I did fine until DH made a pan of brownies)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes

I sort of gave myself yesterday off, no exercise, too many calories, etc etc. But a woman's 28th Birthday only comes around once a year, right? Today I don't have any excuses left, so I'm behaving myself. Plus I'm wearing jeans that are giving me a noticeable muffin top, which some how or another is a good incentive to stay out of the leftover brownies.
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eltaco
Hi Everyone!

I just can't seem to get back on track. I am going through something...not sure what...I think I am starting perimenopause and I can't seem to get myself out of a funk!!! After I returned from the funeral last week, I vowed to get on track but fell off the wagon after only 1 day!!! I have spent the past 4 or 5 days not exercising, not monitoring my food intake, and feeling sorry for myself

So....I am going to give it another try. I got up this morning and did Core Synergistics--the 1st day of the lean P90X program....and guess what??? I feel sooooo much better already! Now, I have to tackle the food demons!

Goals for the day:

Drink 64 oz water
Stay under 1500 calories
No soda!!!!
Clear my head of negative thoughts!
Post to thread!

Thanks to all of you for being faithful posters!!! While I have not been posting, I have been reading. You really are motivating and helpful in your daily insights.
Glad you are back! Isn't it amazing that when we make ourselves get off the couch and exercise we feel sooo much better afterwards. I wish I felt that good all the time
The food demons are knocking at my door today. And I have let them in a few too many times. I actually feel sick! But tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Stay with us. We can do this together!!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
Hey Guys

I forgot to post yesterday but i am in for another week. Unfortunately this week I am off to a bad start, yesterday my day was way of kilter and I wasn't home at meal times and it just really messed me up. I ended up having a major binge at like 9:00 last night and now I feel like crap. But that day is over and a new day has begun and back on track. Today is going much better.

So my goals for this week:

1) lose 2 pounds
2) drink my water through out the day and not just all at night
( seriously I drink like 80 oz after 8:00 and you can imagine how that effects my sleep having to get up so many times...lol)
3) still have that frozen shrimp in my freezer so it is on the agenda again this week
4) in addition to my daily workouts try and do 40 minutes of physical work around the house or outside
5) try to put my laundry away every time I do a load instead of just letting it sit clean in the basket

Good luck to all and good luck to myself!!

Andrea
How in the world do you drink all your water at night and get any sleep? LOL I try to have mine finished by 5:00 or 6:00 and still have to get up several times.

I think putting the laundry away each load is a great goal. This has always been my goal at home but usually doesnt work out that way. I put several loads up on Sunday and then did a load last night and was confident that I would get it put up. But nope its still laying on the chair that it got folded up on!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Tammy and Sarah-Welcome! We are glad to have you with us.

We are all here to offer each other words of encouragement, motivation, congrats, pep talks, expertise, whatever, the case may be. FitDay has a great group of women who are more than happy to chat!!!

It is nice to have this thread to post to daily. Even if we slip on our goals a little. (today is more than a little for me)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Same goal as last week. Run outside 4 days this week and hit the gym twice. Didn't quite make it that many times last week so trying to do better this time. No sugar besides my sugar free pudding cups for dessert. And eat plenty of veggies. I love them but eating fruit as been a lot quicker and easier so have been choosing that lately and want to change.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!

And Almeeker, don't feel bad. My husband's birthday was this weekend which started out with french toast and bacon for breakfast and ribs for dinner and of course had to have dessert. So know all about enjoying a birthday day! Glad you had a good one though!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Report card for Tuesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459 (Much better, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!, 261
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken,

Today was much much better than yesterday, I even managed to keep my calories in check. I'm actually reporting now to keep myself from eating anymore. We'll see if it works, I'm also going to head upstairs and brush my teeth. I might still manage to get my shoulder rehab done today, but so far not yet.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-26-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.