FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2219-7-day-motivational-thread-10-24-2010-a.html)

gmantych 10-27-2010 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 23973)
Report card for Tuesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459 (Much better, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, YIKES 350!, 261
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken,

Today was much much better than yesterday, I even managed to keep my calories in check. I'm actually reporting now to keep myself from eating anymore. We'll see if it works, I'm also going to head upstairs and brush my teeth. I might still manage to get my shoulder rehab done today, but so far not yet.

Do you mind sharing with us what you ate yesterday? I would love to see how you ate less than 1500 calories and managed to get in 47% protein.

Thanks!!!!

almeeker 10-27-2010 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 24008)
Do you mind sharing with us what you ate yesterday? I would love to see how you ate less than 1500 calories and managed to get in 47% protein.

Thanks!!!!

No problem, proteins are highlighted.

Pre-workout
1 med banana

Breakfast:
2 pieces ww 35 calorie/slice bread, toasted
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese (spread over toast)
24 grams of chocolate protein powder + 1/2 cup almond milk mixed w/ 2 cups coffee

Lunch
2 cups lettuce
3 oz chicken
3 T salsa
1 small tomato (diced)
1/4 cup peppers & onions (cooked with the chicken and taco seasoning)
1 serving Dannon Greek yogurt (some plain on the salad, some mixed with jam for dessert)
1 T low sugar blueberry jam
1/2 small apple

Snack
1 2x2 brownie
1 med banana

Dinner
5.5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1 T bar-b-q sauce
1/2 cup white sweet corn
1 cup homemade oven fries

EMS1981 10-27-2010 08:04 AM

Count me in too please.
Goals for the week:
1. Drink more water (44oz daily)
2. Go walking/jogging with the hubby at least 3 times this week.
3. Eat less sweets
4. Exercise for 30 minutes on my own without my hubby 3 times this week
5. Keep calorie count under 2000 (I'm trying to be realistic)

It may not seem like a lot but I'm trying to take things slowly or at least one week at a time.

monday- 1. done (44+) 2. done (2 miles) 3. nope 4. nope 5. far from it
tuesday- 1. done (44+) 2. done (2 miles) 3. kind of 4. nope 5. no way
wednesday- 1. done (92oz) 2. done (2 miles) 3. done 4. sure did 5. nope
thursday- 1. done (44+) 2. nope 3. kind of 4. nope 5. nope
friday-
saturday-
sunday-

almeeker 10-27-2010 12:54 PM

Report card for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495 (Just under, whew!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50% (slipped a little today)
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce - very yummy!

Feeling pretty good and in control today, although trying to go a full day without nibbling was really hard, more than I can manage actually. I might have to take to wearing white gloves duct taped around my wrists for a while. That could really be great for my diet and with a little moisturizer that could also work well to heal up my cracked dry fingers....

THURSDAY CHALLENGE: Okay tomorrow is going to kick off the Halloween eat-fest in my neck of the woods, littlest DD's pre-school Halloween party at 2:00pm. Guess what I'm taking? The craft project, we grew a ton of little pumpkins this year and have donated them to the pre-school program to decorate. I'm totally off the "sugar high" committee. So tomorrow I plan to abstain completely from Halloween candy. I'm sure I'll have some over the weekend, but tomorrow I'm going to hold out for the full 24 hours. I bought some gum to keep in my pocket for when the cravings are really bad. And I'm going to keep working on my nibbling issue as well.

pottersirus 10-27-2010 08:29 PM

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . 2 litres ....still nt thr yet :mad:
2. should not eat after 8 pm . 10 pm.... nooo...:mad:
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . ... missed my work out too :(
4. include sprouted pulses in my lunch. yes
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes
6. have my meals at proper timings : 9-10am brkfast, 12-1pm lunch, 7-8 dinner. yes,yes,no

missed most of my goals today :( had loads to do at work today... cam home late today.... tired to work out..... but i m happy tat i atleast had my fruits n proper lunch today.... previously i used to snack a lot or heavy meals for dinner.... i m happy tat i stuck to fruits today n avoided overeating...
better luck 4 me 2row in keeping my goals

eltaco 10-27-2010 09:16 PM

Did not have time to post yesterday. My week is just getting busier!!!

Almeeker - I am in with the Thursday challenge of no Halloween treats. I have to bake cupcakes for my son's class party tomorrow and baked goods for his Running Club's Carnival on Saturday morning. Tonight is my daughter's ceremony for making the 600 Club (perfect score on state testing) which will include lots of sweets! We have two Halloween parties this weekend (Saturday and Sunday evenings) and two birthday parties (Saturday and Sunday afternoon)! I may have to consider no treats at all this weekend. If I start, I may not have the self control to limit...especially with my frame of mind lately!!! The candy will be easy; the cupcakes not so easy:eek:

Thanks for the protein info. I have noticed lately how many carbs I have been eating. I really need to get more protein into my day. I will probably start feeling better!

On the upside, I have met my exercise and water goals and have stayed within my calorie range!

Have a great day:D

gmantych 10-27-2010 11:26 PM

Good morning all.

Here is my report for Wednesday. I did pretty good yesterday!

Calories-1500-YES
Water-128 oz-YES plus a little more
Exercise-45 minutes-1 Hour
Clean hall closet-not yet:(Saturday)
Find one new low calorie dinner that family loves!-Not yet-I fixed spagetti squash on Monday night. DD and I ate it but no one else would try it. :(Plus is it supposed to be a little crunchy? I think I should have cooked it longer!

I used my 30 day shred DVD this morning. I hope to walk on the treadmill this evening also. The 20 minute workout just doesnt seem to be long enough. Even though I am sweating like a pig and out of breath when its over!

We are half way through with the week. Keep up the good work ladies!!! We are going to be healthy and trim!

Hunny24 10-27-2010 11:59 PM

Run at least 4-6 miles 4 days a week - Did 3 on the treadmill at the gym since the winds are still crazy here and then 15 mins on eliptical.

Lifted at gym as well - Yes

Eat no sugar - No - Had two cookies last night.

Eat more veggies - Yes

mambogirl81 10-28-2010 04:56 AM

Checking in for Wednesday.

1. Drink 96 oz of water-no,yes,yes(plus a little extra)
2. Do extra sit ups if watching tv at night.yes, yes,no
3. Eat more veggies. yes,yes,sort of
4. Not buy junk food even if the kids beg for it.yes,yes,yes
5. No eating processed foods.yes, yes,yes
6. Gym to lift weights or run outside if weather cooperates 4-5 times.yes,yes,yes

I was at the gym on Tuesday doing legs and a guy walked over and corrected my form (in a nice way), and OUCH! do I hurt today! Funny how changing your stance a little can make you find new muscles! I realized that I have been not paying enough attention to form and have just been "getting through" the workouts. Maybe that will be a goal for next week!

almeeker 10-28-2010 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=almeeker;24031]Report card for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more, 2,455, 1,459, 1,495, 1,621 (over by a pair of cc cookies ARGH!!!)
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%, 50%, 47%, 50%, 51% cookies again!
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less, 350, 261, 190, 300 cookies again!
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning, yes, no, NO, NO!!!
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching no-no-no, 60-no-yes, 60-yes-yes, 13-yes-yes (I couldn't do more cardio, I broke my elliptical this morning)
6. Drink 96 oz of water yes, yes, yes, yes
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan! yes chili, yes grilled chicken, yes, spaghetti squash with meat sauce yes (leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce)

Did pretty well today, especially considering that I went to a Halloween party at school, and 3 separate people were trying to push a cupcake down my throat. It was one of those "cupcake cakes" with a big design across the top of 2 dozen cupcakes. The frosting alone was almost an inch thick!!! Then come to find out the grandma that made the cake is a diabetic. What's wrong with this picture? I had a small handful of Cheetos and a pair of chewy chocolate chip cookies, but not one bite of candy.

WEEKEND CHALLENGE: For many of us this weekend will be one of the hardest of the year, candy candy candy EVERY WHERE!!! So my challenge is to stay on the wagon, and if I slip to get right back on before the next bite goes in my mouth. I'm going to allow myself one little piece of candy each day, but only if my calorie budget allows for it.