FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 10/24/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2219-7-day-motivational-thread-10-24-2010-a.html)

gmantych 10-25-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 23860)
I'm in!!! This week I'm going to:

1. Keep calories at 1,500/day and no more
2. Keep my protein intake near 40%
3. Keep my afternoon snack to 200 calories or less
4. Spend 30 min/day cleaning
5. Exercise 30 min cardio, 15 min shoulder rehab, 15 min stretching
6. Drink 96 oz of water
7. Plan healthy dinners for the week and stick to the plan!

My goal is to eat around 1500 calories a day also but I never seem to do that. Here is what I have eaten today so far:

7am-Boiled egg (after workout, I was about to starve)
8:00-WW thin bagel with PB
I felt good for a while then got hungry around 10 so I had cottage cheese with Raisins. Probably should have left the raisins off but not a huge fan of cottage cheese plain.
Lunch-Got a salad from work. It had grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, boiled egg, blue cheese, and avocado. I used a light dressing

So my total calories already is 963. I dont think it really leaves room for an afternoon snack.

What can I do different. I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

Hunny24 10-25-2010 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 23897)
I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

I feel the same way!! I am usually around 1500 calories so to cut it down to 1200, I know I couldn't do that on a daily basis. Today yes for sure since I feel bad for what I ate this weekend. But after you run 5-6 miles 4 days a week or so, your body needs a little more fuel. :)

almeeker 10-25-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 23897)
My goal is to eat around 1500 calories a day also but I never seem to do that. Here is what I have eaten today so far:

7am-Boiled egg (after workout, I was about to starve)
8:00-WW thin bagel with PB
I felt good for a while then got hungry around 10 so I had cottage cheese with Raisins. Probably should have left the raisins off but not a huge fan of cottage cheese plain.
Lunch-Got a salad from work. It had grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, boiled egg, blue cheese, and avocado. I used a light dressing

So my total calories already is 963. I dont think it really leaves room for an afternoon snack.

What can I do different. I dont know how some of you ladies eat 1200 a day and feel even remotely satisfied!!

I have more and more trouble with the 1,500 calories. In the beginning I used to do 1,200-1,350 all the time, now it KILLS me. I've pretty much had to give up on peanut butter for the time being, because every time I get into it, I'm over by more than a little bit. I try not to eat more than a tablespoon full of dried fruit of any kind, it's nutritious yes, but loaded with calories. I also eat before my workout, usually a banana, but sometimes an English muffin or a piece of toast, so I don't feel like death afterward. That salad sounds yummy, but it also sounds like it's got a lot of calories, you might take out the egg yolk, which drops it by 40-50 calories, and the blue cheese is okay provided you don't get too much of it. Avocados are great, but again loaded with calories that I can't always afford, so usually I have to limit them to not more than once/week.

Darlean 10-25-2010 02:10 PM

Good Day

It was basically a good day. Hubby was a little out of sorts, but I didn't let it get to me. Kept with the program. Tomorrow will be a good day, too. I plan on making it that way.

dysert 10-25-2010 03:58 PM

dysert

:)

Hi I'm new to this. My beginning weight is 219, I've lost seven lbs., my goal is 170. I enjoyed reading all of the posts today. I found it very encouraging. I'm seeing a weight Psychologist for the first time in my life, it seems to be helping. I'm trying to get over this last hurdle in life, and hope this time I can lose the wieght and keep it off.

EMS1981 10-25-2010 05:27 PM

Count me in too please. :)
Goals for the week:
1. Drink more water (44oz daily)
2. Go walking/jogging with the hubby at least 3 times this week.
3. Eat less sweets

It may not seem like a lot but I'm trying to take things slowly or at least one week at a time.

monday- 1. done 2. done (2 miles) 3. nope
tuesday- 1. done 2. done (2 miles) 3. kind of :)
wednesday-
thursday-
friday-
saturday-
sunday-

pottersirus 10-25-2010 05:59 PM

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . 2 litres :mad:
2. should not eat after 8 pm . yes !!!
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . ... did turbo-kickboxng 2day... was gr8 fun n sweating
4. include sprouted pulses in my lunch. no :(
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes.... yummy hawaiian papaya wid pomegranate :)
6. have my meals at proper timings : 9-10am brkfast, 12-1pm lunch, 7-8 dinner. no, no, yes

i performed avg today ... may b bcoz i dint actually enter my goals earlier.... i ll try doing better 2row

gmantych 10-25-2010 11:57 PM

Good morning ladies!

Almeeker-Thank you for your response regarding my food. If I get the salad again today, then I am going to take out the egg yolk and the avocado. That should reduce it some. Also this morning I didnt have a bagel. I just had Cottage cheese and oranges. So I will see how long that last. I have been eating bagels and eggs pretty much every morning for a while and I am getting burned out on the same breakfast!

Darlean-I had to laugh at your post this morning about the hubby being out of sorts. Mine is that way this morning. I come to work at 7 on Tues and Thurs so I can leave early and help coach DD cheer. So he has to get up and take both kids to school. Its is always drama!! But I am not going to let it get to me. Great job on meeting your goals yesterday!

dysert-Welcome! Congrats on the 7lb loss!

ems1981-Welcome! I love your quote, "like a tortoise I'll eventually get there"

We are glad to have you both! This is a great thread.

pottersirus-Ok so what is sprouted pulses? The fruit salad you had yesterday sounds so yummy!! Great job on not eating after 8pm. This seems to be my hardest time. Last night I had a bowl of cereal at 10:30!!!:(

Susan-We miss you!!!

I drank all my water yesterday, kept my calories at 1500, and exercised for 1 hour. I am not sure how today is going to go. I really just want to go home and crawl in the bed and sleep the day away! Today is the year anniversary of my mothers death. I was only able to sleep 4 hours last night and woke up this morning with horrible headache. But I pushed myself to workout and come to work!

mambogirl81 10-26-2010 01:33 AM

gmantych- So sorry to hear that today is a sad day for you. I hope that you can fill it with good memories of your mom and that you will physically and emotionally feel better today. Good for you still getting a workout in and going to work.

eltaco 10-26-2010 01:36 AM

Help!!!

Hi Everyone!

I just can't seem to get back on track. I am going through something...not sure what...I think I am starting perimenopause and I can't seem to get myself out of a funk!!! After I returned from the funeral last week, I vowed to get on track but fell off the wagon after only 1 day!!! I have spent the past 4 or 5 days not exercising, not monitoring my food intake, and feeling sorry for myself:eek:

So....I am going to give it another try. I got up this morning and did Core Synergistics--the 1st day of the lean P90X program....and guess what??? I feel sooooo much better already! Now, I have to tackle the food demons!

Goals for the day:

Drink 64 oz water
Stay under 1500 calories
No soda!!!!
Clear my head of negative thoughts!
Post to thread!

Thanks to all of you for being faithful posters!!! While I have not been posting, I have been reading. You really are motivating and helpful in your daily insights.