Notices

Help with Weight Loss

Old 10-25-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

The bike is a great idea! We both need to get our bikes from our parents, so that shouldn't big a big deal. We just recently moved from Kentucky to New Jersey, so expenses are a bit tight. I usually walk with with little wrist weights on, so at least I'm doing that right

I guess I do more exercises that I think. Before I started hiking, I jumped rope and aerobics. Maybe I need to add those back to my exercise routine every other day.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

I have a lot of weight to lose and I don't seem to have any control so I am starting this today. I need a lot of help.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Lenoriarose,

It seems you've made a great start already,well done you!!!
There's plenty of exercise you can do at home without having to shell out loads of money. Maybe you can rent exercise DVDs from your local library? Or you can search online for simple routines you can learn and adapt to your requirements, and do along to your favourite CD.
I'm with Almeeker on the fluid thing. I tend to lose more weight, and feel more energized on the weeks that I drink more. The down side is obviously visiting the bathroom more often, but it's a small price to pay for seeing a bigger number on the scale!
Definitely come across to the 100+ thread, you'll get more than just exercise and general advice. Everyone is lovely!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default I started out slow too..

I have to tell you at 5ft3in at 231 back on Jan 16, 2010 I started my weightloss journey. I did not lose any weight for about 5 weeks. I found that alot of it had to do with my diet. I was walking twice a day and gradually worked up to doing a 30 min cardio video each morning. Eventually I started losing weight at about 2lbs a week. Don't give up, sometimes it just takes your body time to jumpstart your metabolism. We are all different. I have to tell after 9 months, I have lost 70lbs(161lb). I did have a month of no weight loss after 65lbs lost but started losing again a couple weeks ago. I now do 50 min cardio video 4 times a week, and a 40 min toning video the other 3 days(both include 10min of stretching to prevent injury, Biggest Loser videos for both). I walk twice a day and stay between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. Its worked for me so hopefully it will work for you. Good luck and you can do anything you put your mind into!