Notices

Bidia

Old 10-18-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bidia

Thank you ladies in the 100+ club. Though I don't have as much to lose, I do troll the thread regularly, because I do have issues with eating for comfort when I should be addressing the emotions at hand. For those who don't know, BIDIA stands for "but I did it anyway"-meaning we know what to do, and when we don't want to do it, we suck it up and do it anyway.

Well, for several weeks now, I've had a buttload of stress. On top of my "regular" medical issues, I had surgery to correct excessive "that time of the month" and had my tubes tied, now I'm facing having a breast lump removed. The mother in law's having surgery to fix one of her retinas on Wednesday, and my sister's back with her no good drug addicted "baby daddy" and pawning the baby off on whichever grandmother will take her this week. On top of that, my assistant at work is getting lazier by the minute, now she wants Fridays off when the student intern is "up to speed on how we do things"--hello?? She's a student, she's here to observe, she doesn't work for us. Our office manager wants to be everyone's friend, so this assistant is being coddled when quite frankly she should be fired.

The end result of all this, I haven't been logging my foods in advance and I've been skipping exercise whenever I can find the excuse... But today, I was reading the forums and I got motivated. I didn't want to work out while my son was napping-BIDIA. I dusted off one of my yoga DVD's, and got to it. Towards the end, as I'm standing with my legs together from the ankles all the way up, bent in half at the waist, I notice a little triangle of daylight way up at the top of my thighs. I never would have been in the position to notice this if I hadn't come here today.

So thank you ladies for the motivation, and thanks for making me feel good about my body today. I sure needed it.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't want to run this morning - especially when the weaterman said it's 34 degrees in Chicagoland - BIDIA. Ended up having a great run! Something about sweating and freezing at the same time makes it feel like you've really worked hard.