Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 >

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Community
Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pottersirus
1. Drink 2 litres of water . 2 litres + 0.5 litre
2. should not eat after 8 pm . i had my dinner at 8.15 ... missed it
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . tried out tahitian dance workout today for 30 mins ....was gr8 fun..... another 20 mins of biking .... the rains r spoiling my gym workout
4. Cut down the 3 C's - Chocolate, Chips n Cookies.... 5 multi grain tortilla chips... felt like ving it wid my soup..... tats btr than breadsticks , is'nt it ?
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad .... check !
6. Meditate and Appreciate myself for what i am doing .... still appreciating but not meditating

i ve been feeling light lately.... looks like the water thing is really working out for me.... thanks almeeker
your tapes sound fun pottersirus - can you share the name of them? and thanks for reminding me to meditate. You know it should all just seem so simple shouldnt it. We know what we need to do, but its easy to lose track in our busy lives. This thread helps me remember.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by belindab10
I'm so thankful to have found this site and forum. I just started on my weightloss journey (again) this week. Every time I have tried to loose in the past I had slowly fell off the wagon and get back on bad eating habits and no exercise. I'm so tired of it. I'm tired of the heavy breathing when I walk, all my bulges sticking out through my shirts and just not feeling good about myself. Especially since I have Type2 Diabetes and high blood pressure.
Each new year I vow to loose the weight but I don't. So now I have been praying and made the decision that I've got to do this for me and for me to live to see my grand children.
I am 44 years old, 4'11 and 182lbs. Since I'm so short that is way to much weight to carry. I'm starting my goals out slow. Since Tuesday, when I wake my youngest daughter up for school, I exercise on the Elliptical, do some free weights and situps until she has showered and gotten dressed. It may take about 15-20 mins for her to be done but least I have done some type of exercise. This is a milestone for me since I hardly ever done any exercising so I'm really proud of myself . This site is so inspirational to me and it gives me hope that I will do it this time.

Goals for this week: Exercise least 15mins a day.
Eat smaller portions.
Eat 3 small meals a day.
Watch my calories
Thanks for joining us Belinda. We all face the same things. Some only have a few pounds to lose, some have many, some have lost many already. Motivating ourselves to take charge of our lives is hard. Its easier for me if I focus on one day at a time, one week at a time, and not future seek (ie, wishing I was there already) but just accepting I am here now and this is where the change occurs. Good wishes for a successful week!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jimmidy
That's alot of water-96 oz level as well. Time to start keeping better track, pretty sure I'm not hitting that number. Thanks for the challenge
Hi Jimmidy,
I like your nick. Thanks for joining us!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Wanted to do my long 6 mile run last night but was not feeling well and only did 4 miles. But I will be hitting the gym tonight to do weights and other strenght training and will do the 6 mile run on Wednesday. The only thing with sugar in it, which was very minimal, was my fat free pudding cup...so I can live with that. Had Special K with skim milk and strawberried and am having cottage cheese for a morning snack so off to a good start today
Four miles is great, especially if you are under the weather. Be sure to take care of you. When I seee everyone strength training it makes me want to join the gym.. o urs is sooo crowded. Maybe there is a tape or video out there for good hand weight workout. Do you know of any?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
I'm down to 50 carbs tomorrow. Ugh! I can do it!!!! Discipline is my middle name.

I'm off to plan tomorrow's calories!!!!
Yes you can! I like that middle name thing.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn
Hey Guys

Had to quote my goals because I couldn't remember all of them...lol
Monday:

Drink 100 oz water- check
Calories under 1500-check
Carbs to a minimum- check
do something with the shrimp- not yet ( don't worry it's frozen )
no weight training or cardio but I did rake leaves for over an hour so that has to count for something !!
looks like you are off to a great start.. check!
I have been told shrimp is high in sodium but low in calories. A good low calorie food that doesnt show up on the scale right away. Let us know what you fix with it; I have some in the freezer too
Old 10-20-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Hi All, I missed jumping in yesterday because of a crazy day I had, but here are my goals for the rest of the week. Kinda glad I missed almeekers water challenge

1. 64 oz water each day
2. Exercise 5 days this week-did Mon/Tues
3. No eating after 8 p.m.
4. No processed foods this week-did Mon.

Have a great rest of the day!
Hi Mambogirl. Glad you jumped in.
How'd you're day go yesterday? No eating any processed food is really a challenge and always leads to weightloss for me. Sending you good thoughts for success!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=almeeker;23570]What are you? Chicken?

OOOHHH, the challenge has been thrown in my face! You're on sister! I will check in later tonight (if I'm not stuck in the bathroom from all that water!)

Seriously though almeeker, I hope all goes well with DH's surgery and the inlaws in your house. I will be thinking about you.

P.S.Can anybody tell me how to get a quote in the nifty boxes?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Today's recap:

Ate 1,205 calories
50.7 carbs...so tired!
45 minutes lifting legs at the gym with my super cute hubby...(can you tell I'm a newly wed???)
30 minutes on the stair master
Gallon of water is almost gone...will be before bed.

Tomorrow's goals:
Stay around 1200 calories
100 carbs
Drink gallon of water plus an additional 57 oz.
Lifting shoulders and 30 min. cardio

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!!! Make each moment count!!! You are all an inspiration to me. Thank you for letting me be accountable to you. You've helped me more than you will ever know!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

My day has been long. I sat in the dentist chair for 2 1/2 hours getting three teeth worked on and a cap. My smile is nicer now but it wore me out. I didnt eat healthy today, putting away a fair amount of unhealthy food before the dentist appointment. The good thing is that with six shots of anesthesia to my gums I didnt have any appetite so I kept my calories low. Too lots of sodium. Otherwise it was a pretty good day. Hope everyone else had a good day too.

My goals for this week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink 80 ounces of water: 1646/80, 1363/80, 1077/80, 1265/80
Exercise at least 45 minutes: 60, 30, 30, 70
Try to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week Not yet
Clean out the hallway storage closet – Yes

Extra challenges
Begin Monday: Add an extra 56 ounces of water - 56, 30, 0 xtra,
Begin Tuesday: Resist one thing each day - check (donuts), check (the urge not to exercise)
Begin Tuesday: Stretch for 10 minutes: 10, 0
Begin Wednesday: Add an extra 10 minutes exercise, check
Begin Thursday: Add new exercise
Begin Friday: Plan a new low-cal meal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.