FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2178-new-7-day-motivational-thread-10-17-2010-a.html)

Darlean 10-19-2010 01:00 AM

Everyone looks like they are really rolling this week on the challenge. I like the "resist some kind of challenge" goal, almeeker. Sounds like a good idea. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Hunny24 10-19-2010 01:28 AM

Wanted to do my long 6 mile run last night but was not feeling well and only did 4 miles. But I will be hitting the gym tonight to do weights and other strenght training and will do the 6 mile run on Wednesday. The only thing with sugar in it, which was very minimal, was my fat free pudding cup...so I can live with that. Had Special K with skim milk and strawberried and am having cottage cheese for a morning snack so off to a good start today

susanbfit 10-19-2010 02:49 AM

Thanks Almeeker :)
Learning to resist is a good goal for me. I'm going restate my goals with the extra challenges at the end. It makes me smile because I feel good that I'm bumping it up a notch each day. Thats probably revealing of how lazy I can be, but good just the same :) I also added the stretching because I said I would and then didnt.

My goals for this week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink 80 ounces of water: 1646/80, 1363/80
Exercise at least 45 minutes: 60, 30
Try to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week Not yet
Clean out the hallway storage closet – Yes

Extra challenges
Begin Monday: Add an extra 56 ounces of water - 56
Begin Tuesday: Resist one thing each day Begin Tuesday: Stretch for 10 minutes
Begin Wednesday: Add an extra 10 minutes exercise

almeeker 10-19-2010 04:42 AM

I was going to make today's challenge "add in 10 minutes of extra exercise" today, but on Tuesdays I work out in the morning and then walk the oldest DD to soccer practice, so I'm already getting in an extra 10 and then some. So to make it a real challenge for me I booted it to Wednesday. And now I'm going to resist the temptation to chat with all of you and log off so I can clean my house (IL's coming tomorrow - YIKES!). Bye for now...

mambogirl81 10-19-2010 06:06 AM

Hi All, I missed jumping in yesterday because of a crazy day I had, but here are my goals for the rest of the week. Kinda glad I missed almeekers water challenge:D

1. 64 oz water each day
2. Exercise 5 days this week-did Mon/Tues
3. No eating after 8 p.m.
4. No processed foods this week-did Mon.

Have a great rest of the day!

xarinn 10-19-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by xarinn (Post 23454)

Goals this week:
Drink 100 oz of water each day
Keep calories under 1500 each day
Try and keep carbs to a minimum
Figure out a recipe to use the shrimp I bought on sale today but have no idea what to do with...lol
Do 45 minutes of cardio at least 4 nights when kids are in bed
Do 45 minutes of weight training for at least 4 nights when kids are in bed

Andrea

Hey Guys

Had to quote my goals because I couldn't remember all of them...lol
Monday:

Drink 100 oz water- check
Calories under 1500-check
Carbs to a minimum- check
do something with the shrimp- not yet ( don't worry it's frozen :) )
no weight training or cardio but I did rake leaves for over an hour so that has to count for something !!

gmantych 10-19-2010 11:16 AM

Good evening ladies. I made all of my goals yesterday plus almeekers water challenge. I have not made any of my goals today though. I stayed home from work sick so I was in the bed until around 2pm. I finally got up and feel a little better. I will be back up in the morning ready to continue on! I missed todays challenge but will accept the challenge for an extra 10 minutes of exercise tomorrow!

Great job ladies. This thread is awesome!

commit7780 10-19-2010 01:34 PM

Happy Tuesday ladies!!!

I ate 1,239 carbs.
128 carbs
Lifted at the gym (back) for 45 minutes and ran my 3 miles on the treadmill.
Drank my gallon!

I'm down to 50 carbs tomorrow. Ugh! I can do it!!!! Discipline is my middle name. ;)

I'm off to plan tomorrow's calories!!!!

commit7780 10-19-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by commit7780 (Post 23557)
Happy Tuesday ladies!!!

I ate 1,239 carbs.
128 carbs
Lifted at the gym (back) for 45 minutes and ran my 3 miles on the treadmill.
Drank my gallon!

I'm down to 50 carbs tomorrow. Ugh! I can do it!!!! Discipline is my middle name. ;)

I'm off to plan tomorrow's calories!!!!

Whoops! I mean 1,239 calories! :o

susanbfit 10-19-2010 02:16 PM

Good evening all. Just posting my days progress.

Did great on calories, not so good on exercise. I did resist eating donuts all day at work (someone had brought in a box full of bakery ones and everytime I walked past the breakroom (which is often on my way to the other side of the building I could see them in there). I ate grapefruit instead. Yeah me. heh. I still have to stretch, but I'm off to do that for 10 minutes as soon as I get done typing this. Didnt get in all my 'extra' water, but I'm still way up there.

Having a hard time finding time to post, but it looks like everyone has had good successes today. Lifestyle changes, one day at a time!

My goals for this week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink 80 ounces of water: 1646/80, 1363/80, 1077/80
Exercise at least 45 minutes: 60, 30, 30
Try to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week Not yet
Clean out the hallway storage closet – Yes

Extra challenges
Begin Monday: Add an extra 56 ounces of water - 56, 30
Begin Tuesday: Resist one thing each day - check
Begin Tuesday: Stretch for 10 minutes: 10
Begin Wednesday: Add an extra 10 minutes exercise