Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 day motivational challenge

Hi,
I am new to the forums and am having a hard time jump starting a healthy eating program. In the past, I have found joining a weekly or monthly challenge has helped me focus on my daily goals, and was wondering if anyone out there would like to join me in a one week challenge (we can change it up to a monthly challenge each month if there are people that like it.) The idea is that you post your daily goals, and then come back each day and edit the post to show your progress. My goals would be something like this:

Calorie intake 1400 calories:
Exercise at least 45 minutes:
Drink 80 ounces of water:
Visualize/Meditate on healthy living twice a day:

If someone has another forum idea that helps motivate them, I'm always happy to try something else too.

update 10/11/2010 - Rather than edit this everyday, I'm just going to put my stats in my signature each day. Thanks to all that joined the challenge. Today when I wanted to put that second piece of candy in my mouth at work, I remembered this thread, and it helped motivate me to just say no..

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Feeling Motivated!!!!

I am new to these discussion boards. I hope I'm doing this right! I've been using FitDay for a few years but I need some more support! I jumped on the scale and I'm 166 hoping to drop at least 25 pounds by January 1st. I have 12 weeks baby!!!! I know I can do this and was hoping these discussion boards would give me that added motivation! I'm up for challenges, weekly weigh ins as well. I'm excited!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
I am new to these discussion boards. I hope I'm doing this right! I've been using FitDay for a few years but I need some more support! I jumped on the scale and I'm 166 hoping to drop at least 25 pounds by January 1st. I have 12 weeks baby!!!! I know I can do this and was hoping these discussion boards would give me that added motivation! I'm up for challenges, weekly weigh ins as well. I'm excited!!!!!
Hi Commit,
That would be great to have you join me this week. You can accomplish a lot in 12 weeks! Lets start it tomorrow so we start at the beginning of the week. You can take today to decide which goals you want to set and track here this week. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Welcome Commit! There is a thread here called 14 weeks til Christmas. You may want to also post there since it is people wanting to lose 20 - 30 pounds before Christmas.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in, today is nearly over so tomorrow I will:

1. Limit calories to 1,300
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching
3. Drink 96 oz of water
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner
5. Walk the children up to school
Old 10-10-2010, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in too! I think I need daily accountability.

I will start tomorrow:

1.Drink at least 64 oz. of water
2.Exercise for an hour
3.Not eat after 8 p.m.
4.Not eat from stress-I will find another way to deal with it
Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thats great! I'm so glad to have you both join me. So far so good for me today. My calories are pushing it, but I put in a lot of exercise and I should be able to get all my water in. I'll update at the end of the day. Starting any day is good, just put your start date in with your goals. Thanks!

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-10-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Yay! I'm excited to do this!!! I will report at the end of the day as well. Here are my goals:
1. Run every morning (adding a mile every week). I'll start adding weight lifting into my routine in the next couple weeks.
2. Stay under 1300 calories
3. Drink a gallon of water

I started yesterday:
1,290 calories/ I ran 3 miles/ and I NEARLY drank my gallon! Soooo close!

Today:
1,288 calories/ no exercise (resting day)/ I drank my gallon pus what I didn't drink the day before. So far so good!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default I like the 7 day challenge idea

I like the idea of setting goals that was just mentioned in a post. I am trying to loose 5 pounds. I am run pretty active (I run 6 miles a day), and would like to eat 1900 calories a day this week. This weekend was aggravating, I ate about 2200 calories today and yesterday. I definitely need some motivation to get back into the swing of things this week. I am new to this site, but it seems like a great source to get support and motivation. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

SusanBFit~ I didnt mean to ignore your request for participants in this thread, but because my body is in flux with medical problems right now, my goals usually have to be changed mid-day depending on what my medications are doing. But I DO think it is a great thread, so keep it up!

Seminewbie ~ welcome ( or welcome back!) to the boards and gl with your quest to this thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.