Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. Thank goodness its the weekend!

I have alot to do today so hopefully it will keep me out of the frig! We are having a pig pickin-this does worry me but hopefully I will be ok. Just eat some of the good pork. I have to clean my house so I am going to turn on the music and shake my booty, as said by many of you!! I am also getting ready to do my workout video to get me started this morning.

I did well yesterday.

Stay under 1700 calories-YES
Drink 100 oz of water-YES
Excercise 45 minutes-YES

I forget to make a mental note of my weight when I joined a few days ago. So I am going to weigh in tomorrow and start my week over beginning Sunday.

Susan-This thread is so motivating I dont think it matters how it is set up! My personal opionion is keep it weekly so it doesnt get too long but I will be here either way.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry that I've failed to post since Tuesday!!! I must have done something right this week though as I've managed a 2.5lb loss for the week.

The weekend is my weakness however, so I'm being extra careful to control my food/fluid intake. So far today I've had a nice healthy breakfast and lunch, and two snacks. I've taken in about 1000 calories, and I'll have a light dinner with minimal carbs to take me to my goal intake of between 1300-1500.
I've also done a weight training class, and followed that with some interval jogging and elliptical.

Tomorrow is my last day of the challenge, and I hope to continue on positively from today and set myself up for another successful week!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Was pretty good with most of my goals for yesterday, but decided I needed to post a list today. The weekends are sooo hard to stay on track for me. Anyway, here is my list:
1. Drink at least 64 oz of water
2. No eating after 8 p.m.-might be hard today since I have a thingy I have to go to tonight, but I will try. I am trying to watch what I eat during the day so I have some calories left over.
3. Exercise-Already done! Managed a 5 mile run in the cold this morning.
4. Be positive about my body and not say anything(out loud) negative about it.

Have a great Saturday ladies! Glad to see how hard we have all been trying to be accountable to each other. I know I need it!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Wow!!! You guys are all amazing! Keep it up!!! The weekends are hard for me but I'm feeling strong so I say bring it!!!!!!! I'm too committed to falter now. I just keep visualizing me at my goal weight and I stay driven! Woot, woot!

I'm just about to head out for my morning run. I'm going to be struttin' my new running shoes and I'm shooting for 6 miles today. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it! Positive affirmation ladies! Whenever I feel like I can't possibly run anymore...I think, "What would Jillian do?!?!" and it keeps me going!!!!

Have a fabulous day ladies!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Report card on M-Th:

1. Limit calories to 1,300-1,400, 1,475, 1769, 1833, 1,729 Ugh calories are sometimes biggest my enemy!
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching, yes-no-no, 1/2 yes-yes-yes, YES-YES-YES, YES-YES-no
3. Drink 96 oz of water, check, check, check, check
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner, 1/2 check, check, check, check
5. Walk the children up to school check, check, check, check
6. Clean this HOUSE with my headphones on "shake shake shake my booty 1/2 check the upstairs looks pretty good, the downstairs is still disasterland
7. Deal with all those garden veggies, I swear the porch looks like a farmer's market. 1/2 check, I got the sweet potatoes and the sweet peppers washed and put away, still have hot peppers, squash, pumpkins, lima beans and potatoes to deal with.

Goals for Friday

1. Limit calories to 1,400 or die trying, NOT EVEN CLOSE 2,100
2. Today is my "off" day for exercise. Tomorrow I'll go to the gym, check to both
3. Drink 96 oz of water check
4. Walk the children up to school check
5. Make dinner in the crock pot, chuck roast mmmmm.... check
6. Clean the downstairs rooms in this messy house with my headphones on "shake shake shake my booty". I got 3/4 of it cleaned
7. Take the kids out to the garden and bring in the pumpkin harvest. check

Goals for Saturday

1. Limit calories to 1,500
2. Power walk to gym, lift weights, power walk back
3. Drink 96 oz of water
4. Make the kids Halloween costumes
5. Get out all the Halloween junk and decorate the house and yard.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-16-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I'm having a Saturday meltdown, so I came here and read your words of encouragement and see what awesome things you guys are striving for today and decided I can still salvage the day. I am very full, and there is no reason to eat any more. So its water for me the rest the day, and more exercise and some meditation, then repeat as needed.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, I walked 90 minutes and listened to motivational tapes while I did it. I feel inspired. One of the tapes talks about how we take responsibility for so much in our lives but we fail to take responsibility for our bodies. We get one body. We are responsible for it. I guess I have always thought of my body as the one thing that I own and therefore I dont have to take care of it if I dont want. But thats kinda silly. It houses me. I am not my body. I am responsible for my body. Its a small shift in thinking, but a tangible one for me.

Have a great night everyone. See you in the morning.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Love that inspiration Susan. You are doing awesome. Every day is a new beginning.

I ran my 6 miles. Ya-hoo!!! I just kept visualizing Jillian yelling at me!

I went to Red Robin tonight and they have an awesome site for customers that gives the exact nutrition facts for the food items. It was VERY helpful! I got the Apple Harvest Chicken Salad without the bread and cheese so that I wouldn't go over my calories. The salad itself wasn't very good , but at least I left feeling good about myself instead of stuffed like I normally do!! So my calories was at 1,268 today.

I didn't finish my gallon but I was close. All in all, it wasn't a perfect day but I feel good.

Goodnight ladies!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekends - ugh

It's the middle of the weekend again and those usually get to me. Tried to stay busy in the yard, and that made hubby upset because I wasn't with him. Had a few cocktails to better deal with his attitude. Bad idea, I know, but at least I didn't start overeating about it. I wouldn't be goated into an argument either, so I feel like I am more in control. It's only going to get better.

Yesterday's goals:
Calories at 1200 - 1313
96 oz. water - only 48 oz.
35 minutes weight lifting - made it!
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - didn't well at this at all
4 miles on treadmill
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Love that inspiration Susan. You are doing awesome. Every day is a new beginning.

I ran my 6 miles. Ya-hoo!!! I just kept visualizing Jillian yelling at me!

I went to Red Robin tonight and they have an awesome site for customers that gives the exact nutrition facts for the food items. It was VERY helpful! I got the Apple Harvest Chicken Salad without the bread and cheese so that I wouldn't go over my calories. The salad itself wasn't very good , but at least I left feeling good about myself instead of stuffed like I normally do!! So my calories was at 1,268 today.

I didn't finish my gallon but I was close. All in all, it wasn't a perfect day but I feel good.

Goodnight ladies!!!!!!
You have had an awesome week yourself Committ. Running six miles and limiting calories to 1268 the same day is inspirational. The pounds should keep dropping while you do that; but more importantly you must be building up some awesome fitness!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.