Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Drinking My Calories

Wow! I just entered my food for the day and was really shocked to see that I drank 310 calories with a Big Gulp from 7-11!!!....and that was only 28 oz instead of the 32!!! I actually knew how many calories were in a can of soda but was really in denial when I purchased the Big Gulp!!! No more of that!!!

I did stay within my calorie allotment, though. I didn't make my water goal but I'm still working on it. Getting ready to take my daughter to gymnastics and am going to walk the hour she is there!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Monday was the first day of my 7 day challenge, and although I ate very well I didn't go to the gym. Instead I went to bed at 9pm and slept through until 6:45am. I obviously needed the sleep though!

Today was the second day of my 7 day challenge and I ate pretty bad by my standards. Alot of carbs, but I took in all my water and ate regularly, so the cloud has a silver lining for sure.
On the exercise front though I blew it out of the water, doing an hour of intensive cardio, 45 minutes of 'Legs, Bums, Tums' and an hour of 'Body Pump'.
I also jumped on the scale to a 1.5lb loss, but I don't make any weigh-in official until Saturday.
Let's hope tomorrow I can couple good eating with the same amount of exercise.

Way to go on the exercise!!! and the weight loss. I always find that I am either doing great on the exercise and not so good on the eating or vice versa. A goal for tomorrow will be to do both!!!

I am trying to figure out how to navigate this forum. I just realized how to insert the quote and reply. It is hard to reply to several when you can't see them as you are posting!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eltaco
Way to go on the exercise!!! and the weight loss. I always find that I am either doing great on the exercise and not so good on the eating or vice versa. A goal for tomorrow will be to do both!!!
Thanks Eltaco,
I am a bit of an exercise freak, and I felt so guilty after not going to the gym Monday that I pushed myself like made today. I rarely have any days off, and even if I'm not doing cardio I'll be doing a fitness class or at least core/strength-training at home.
I'm usually ok with my food, but I understand where you are coming from, and probably once a week I allow myself too many treats, or eat too much bread. (2 rolls and 4 slices of bread today, I'm so angry with myself. )
Tomorrow is a non-bread, loads of fruit/veg day for sure!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

susanbfit:
I like to cook up a big pot of beans (pinto usually) and steam a pot of rice. I can freeze extra of both of these. Then I like to mix them together with steamed vegetables, some soy sauce, and little sprinkle of shredded cheese. I've made taco soup with lots of veggies and frozen that, too.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds yummy Darlean. Congrats to all those that had a good day, and for not giving up on every goal just because one was not fully met. I had a good day. Ate very well, with a big salad for lunch and little in the way of snacks (grapefruit and protein bar); as soon as I post this I'll go do my walk. Have a good night everyone.
Susan
Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I hit some of my goals for today,but not all. At least dinner got in the crock pot- Thanks Almeeker

Tomorrow:
1. Drink at least 64 oz of water.
2. Go to the gym in the a.m.
3. Not eat after 8 p.m. (I ate a few pretzels at 9:30 p.m. today, which then sent me over my calories for the day)
4. Stay under my calorie limit.
5. Not making a critical comment about my body out loud.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Good day!
Ran 3 miles with improved time. Tomorrow I run 3.5. I also did a light P.M. workout as well.
Drank my gallon of water.
Ate 1,254 calories. I want to stay under 1,270 calories each day.

Great job today ladies!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Well....my goal was 1900 calories, and today I had 1980. I am still pretty happy with this though because I ran six miles and did tons of walking. Hope tomorrow goes smooth!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Another great day!

Today was a success!
This thread has been so very helpful. At times when I was tempted by others, I would just think "I can't let my fitday friends down."
Accountability has been key for me these past two days. Thank you everyone.

today's goals....

Calories at 1200 - did it
96 oz. water - did it
40 minutes weights - did it
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - this is starting to be really fun

Calories at 1200
96 oz. water
4 miles on treadmill
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Old 10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up 10-12-10 update

@ susanbfit - thank u so much for ur reply... i like the way u take an effort to reply every post and encourage them.... its really boosting us up

as for my part - i dint overeat / stress eat today ..... i had a bowl of fruit salad with bean sprouts in it wid me thruout the day.... so whnever i felt like munching sumthng i had it .... also i had a pretty heavy lunch today , which helped in not craving for more in evening or nite ( my weak point).... a big glass of freshly squeezed carrot/tomato juice b4 my lunch ... n i mixed beans with rice today along wid sum cooked veggies.... the beans made me have less amount of rice...

also i m planning to brush my teeth n go to sleep early.... hopefully tis shud restrict me fm eating at nite...

Current Weight : 137 lbs
Highest weight :147 lbs
Goal :130 lbs by thanksgiving

Last edited by pottersirus; 10-12-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.