Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I normally lift weights at the gym with my hubby, but between his work and school and my work and grad school - it's been too hectic to make it there by 5 in the morning right now. Thank goodness I have a treadmill I can jump on. Jillian has awesome work out videos as well! Sometimes I pop one in to change things up. We're hoping to get back in routine because we love that time together and I enjoy weight lifting.

I'm happy to report I drank my whole gallon and ran my 3 miles in better time. Wa-hoo!

I'm not sure if I stayed below my 1300 calories or not. I tried to save my calories for a salad I get when I go on campus to school Monday nights. It's just lettuce, tomatoes, olives, shredded chicken, and I choose balsamic vinaigrette as the dressing. It's delish!!! When I looked up the nutrition facts...I was surprised at how much fat is loaded in that dressing. I had no idea! 20 grams of fat for 2 tbsp. but the carbs are extremely low. So my wise husband suggested I bring my own dressing to school. It's the fat free zesty italian and it rocks on the nutrition facts. I'll make sure to do that next week!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Checking in for today:
Drank all my water
Worked out for almost an hour(did a 5 mile run at the local park)
Stayed under my calories
Didn't eat after 8-although it's 10:30 now and I'm hungry

Tomorrow's goals
1. Drink at least 64 oz of water
2. Lift weights at gym
3. Keep calories at 1200
4. No eating at night! This one is hard for me.
5. Dinner in crock pot- copying almeeker because it sounded like a good idea!

Good job today ladies!
I think not eating at night is my hardest thing too. Even the goodies at work are easy to resist as long as I stay busy. But at night, I'm tired, and if I'm just sitting its hard not to think of food as a reward for getting through a long day. Congrats on your successful day.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default joining in late

hi,

i just saw this post... i m pretty late but each one's enthusiastic replies instilled me to join in....

i ve been over-eating + stress-eating a lot lately... i want to stop this. also i tend to eat very late at night. i wanna stop these.

goals
1. no over-eating
2. no unhealthy snack foods
3. no late night eating
4. sleep at proper hours
5. wrok-out atleast an hour everyday

p.s. this s the 1st forum i ve ever joined in my life n first time ever to go public on my weight loss... i did this bcoz i felt i ll get more motivation if i joined in as a group.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Love to Join Late As Well

Hello!

I am brand new to FitDay. I usually do Weight Watchers but always run into the time crunch getting to meetings with the kids' activities. I think the support of the forums will help me to get motivated again.

I am currently 47 years old and weigh 171. I would like to be 155 by my birthday in December.

This week, I commit to:

Limit my caloric intake to 1400
Go back to the gym at least 2 days
On the days I don't go to the gym, I will exercise at least 1 hour at home
Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
Use the forum to ask for support and to give support!
Not feel guilty for trying to do something positive for myself

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Pam
Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, welcome everybody! So glad to have this wonderful supportive team! This is new to me as well but it's very motivating so far! Good luck today everyone!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pottersirus
hi,

i just saw this post... i m pretty late but each one's enthusiastic replies instilled me to join in....

i ve been over-eating + stress-eating a lot lately... i want to stop this. also i tend to eat very late at night. i wanna stop these.

goals
1. no over-eating
2. no unhealthy snack foods
3. no late night eating
4. sleep at proper hours
5. wrok-out atleast an hour everyday

p.s. this s the 1st forum i ve ever joined in my life n first time ever to go public on my weight loss... i did this bcoz i felt i ll get more motivation if i joined in as a group.
Pottersirus, thank you for joining us. Its a little group, but everyday when I come and read other people's goals I get new insight into the things we are all trying to change. I like that you say 'no overeating'. I have set a calorie goal, but the truth is that I know when I'm overeating and if I just stopped when I was full and didnt feed my stress with food I would not be overweight. Behavior changes. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eltaco
Hello!

I am brand new to FitDay. I usually do Weight Watchers but always run into the time crunch getting to meetings with the kids' activities. I think the support of the forums will help me to get motivated again.

I am currently 47 years old and weigh 171. I would like to be 155 by my birthday in December.

This week, I commit to:

Limit my caloric intake to 1400
Go back to the gym at least 2 days
On the days I don't go to the gym, I will exercise at least 1 hour at home
Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
Use the forum to ask for support and to give support!
Not feel guilty for trying to do something positive for myself

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Pam
Welcome Pam Thanks for joining us. And thanks for putting using the forum as one of your goals! A friend once told me that the simple act of 'sharing a goal' makes it all the more easier to accomplish it. I think this even applies to weightloss. I cant lose weight for you and you cant lose it for me, but in sharing our efforts we are inspired. Wishing you good success and looking forward to seeing your posts
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday went well. Couldn't drink all the water I wanted to. Felt like I was swimming.

Calories at 1200 - did it
96 oz. water - 72 oz.
4 miles on the treadmill - did it
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - YES I've got potential

Calories at 1200
96 oz. water
40 minutes weights
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=Darlean;22988]Yesterday went well. Couldn't drink all the water I wanted to. Felt like I was swimming.

Calories at 1200 - did it
96 oz. water - 72 oz.
4 miles on the treadmill - did it
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - YES I've got potential

Calories at 1200
96 oz. water
40 minutes weights
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible[/QUOT

Darlene, good idea about visualizing yourself healthy as often as possible. Today, everytime I wanted something to eat I shouldnt, and it happens ALOT, I decided to visualize myself doing something fun that would be more enjoyable if I was thinner... kayaking, walking, sunbathing, vacationing, wearing clothes that fit, etc., and sometimes I just visualized myself eating something healthy. I made a salad in my head... putting all my favorite things in it (in limited quantities) and then when lunch came, I went and fixed that salad for real and its y ummy Thanx for the inspiration!
Susan
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Monday was the first day of my 7 day challenge, and although I ate very well I didn't go to the gym. Instead I went to bed at 9pm and slept through until 6:45am. I obviously needed the sleep though!

Today was the second day of my 7 day challenge and I ate pretty bad by my standards. Alot of carbs, but I took in all my water and ate regularly, so the cloud has a silver lining for sure.
On the exercise front though I blew it out of the water, doing an hour of intensive cardio, 45 minutes of 'Legs, Bums, Tums' and an hour of 'Body Pump'.
I also jumped on the scale to a 1.5lb loss, but I don't make any weigh-in official until Saturday.
Let's hope tomorrow I can couple good eating with the same amount of exercise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.