Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-10-2010, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Seminewbie
I like the idea of setting goals that was just mentioned in a post. I am trying to loose 5 pounds. I am run pretty active (I run 6 miles a day), and would like to eat 1900 calories a day this week. This weekend was aggravating, I ate about 2200 calories today and yesterday. I definitely need some motivation to get back into the swing of things this week. I am new to this site, but it seems like a great source to get support and motivation. Good luck everyone!
Seminewbie, thanks for joining us. I know that five pounds when you are close to your ideal weight is a lot and takes dedication. You can do it!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
SusanBFit~ I didnt mean to ignore your request for participants in this thread, but because my body is in flux with medical problems right now, my goals usually have to be changed mid-day depending on what my medications are doing. But I DO think it is a great thread, so keep it up!

Seminewbie ~ welcome ( or welcome back!) to the boards and gl with your quest to this thread
I understand Gamegal - congrats on knowing what your body is doing and sticking to a program that works for you. In the end, thats all that matters for any of us. Good wishes on your success!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fabulous!!

Fantastic idea people! I want in, too.

Calories at 1200
96 oz. water
4 miles on the treadmill
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. Welcome Darlean.

Good wishes to all of you for a successful Monday. I am planning my day's meals and grabbing some fruit to take to take to work. Tonight I think I might precook a couple of meals to make sure I stay on track.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, susanbfit.
I love the idea of precooking meals to have something handy. What are you planning? What has worked well for you that way before?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Report card on the day:

1. Limit calories to 1,300, no check at 1,475 for the day
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching, 1/2 check, did the cardio and some of the rehab, skipped stretching
3. Drink 96 oz of water, check
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner, check, didn't make any plans, but it was fairly healthy all the same
5. Walk the children up to school check

Goals for tomorrow

1. Limit calories to 1,400
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching
3. Drink 96 oz of water
4. Walk the children up to school
5. Make dinner in the crock pot
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Report card on the day:

1. Limit calories to 1,300, no check at 1,475 for the day
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching, 1/2 check, did the cardio and some of the rehab, skipped stretching
3. Drink 96 oz of water, check
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner, check, didn't make any plans, but it was fairly healthy all the same
5. Walk the children up to school check

Goals for tomorrow

1. Limit calories to 1,400
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching
3. Drink 96 oz of water
4. Walk the children up to school
5. Make dinner in the crock pot
Not knowing how things usually go for you, but looks like progress to me. I like the idea of adding how you are going to make dinner. Planning ahead helps me too.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlean
Thanks, susanbfit.
I love the idea of precooking meals to have something handy. What are you planning? What has worked well for you that way before?
Darlean,
I often just precook chicken in chicken broth and let it sit in the broth so it stays moist, or I'll make some turkey patties and cut up the vegetables I plan to steam and put them in a separate container, so all I have to do is heat things up. I picked up a cookbook at a second hand store called the '300 calorie one dish meal' that has a section of prepping and freezing, so that on the day of cooking you just thaw and maybe cook the last portion (like grilling up the chicken). I also premake my 'steel oats' for breakfast because I find it cooks up better in big patches. I then scoop it out into premeasured tupperware, and all I have to do is microwave it in the morning. I find steel oats taste better premade than flat oatmeal. Do you have anything y ou like to premake?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Yay! I'm excited to do this!!! I will report at the end of the day as well. Here are my goals:
1. Run every morning (adding a mile every week). I'll start adding weight lifting into my routine in the next couple weeks.
2. Stay under 1300 calories
3. Drink a gallon of water

I started yesterday:
1,290 calories/ I ran 3 miles/ and I NEARLY drank my gallon! Soooo close!

Today:
1,288 calories/ no exercise (resting day)/ I drank my gallon pus what I didn't drink the day before. So far so good!
Commit,
Congrats on two days meeting your goals! Do you have a particular weight lifting program you follow (at home or gym?) I've been thinking maybe there might be some good instructional videos for someone that would rather lift weights at home.
Susan
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in for today:
Drank all my water
Worked out for almost an hour(did a 5 mile run at the local park)
Stayed under my calories
Didn't eat after 8-although it's 10:30 now and I'm hungry

Tomorrow's goals
1. Drink at least 64 oz of water
2. Lift weights at gym
3. Keep calories at 1200
4. No eating at night! This one is hard for me.
5. Dinner in crock pot- copying almeeker because it sounded like a good idea!

Good job today ladies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.