FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Looking to lose 40-50 lbs! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2095-looking-lose-40-50-lbs.html)

Mamatron 10-02-2010 11:31 AM

Looking to lose 40-50 lbs!

Hi! I'm new here so I'm looking for people like me to be weight losing buddies with. I'm 24 and just had my third daughter 2 months ago, my other two are 2 and 4. I definitely never had any weight problems before having kids, but then something happened when I was pregnant with my first... it turns out that I LOVE FOOD hahaha : ) I'm about 5'11'' and currently weight 216, the most I've ever weighed before (not including when I was preggo). Before getting pregnant with my first I remember standing on the scale and seeing 154 and thinking I was getting fat... boy do I miss those days!! I have a hard time dieting, especially since I'm a stay at home mom with no car while my husband's at work, I don't get out much and I guess I eat when I'm bored. I've just started exercising, mostly riding the exercise bike for 20-40 minutes a day and I'm adding in some yoga/pilates now. I'm also breastfeeding so I'm not planning on doing any crazy calorie restrictions. I love the fact that this burns up to 500 extra calories a day! So is there anyone in the same boat as me who's interested in mutual support?? Maybe weekly weigh-ins/measurments through emails and updates on how we're doing? Anyone out there as bored as I am?? Lol ;)

xarinn 10-02-2010 04:06 PM

WOW your me!!

Hey

Reading your post was like reading a post I had written about myself. I am 29 and have 2 children but other than that everything was very similar. I am a stay at home mom though I do work from home for my husband company, my kids are 20 months and 5 years old. I am 5'11" and my highest weight after kids was 212. I remember looking at the scale then and remembering how disgusted I was with my body when it weighed 140 pounds and now just look back and laugh at my stupidity...lol. I managed to lose about 15 pounds when I was breast feeding and then sort of stayed in a holding pattern at 190 for about a year. I started fit day on Sept 7th 2010 and have lost 9 pounds so far. I have by far found the best excercise is when I utilize my kids. We have a daily dance where we crank the radio and dance for 30 minutes and it is the best cardio I have ever had plus they are slave drivers because they don;t want to stop when the 30 minutes us up...lol. I also try and do some strength training at night when they are in bed I usually don't want to do it but after I do I feel great. If I don't do that I try and use my 20 month old to do some weight training when we are hanging out.

Love to hear back from you!!

Mamatron 10-06-2010 05:35 PM

Hi! I didn't realize you need to check back on this to see replies, I thought maybe they would email me or something! Great job on the 9 lbs! It's weird, I just stepped on the scale and unless my scale is broken, I've lost 3 lbs!! I'm suspicious of my scale Lol :) I've totally cut out greasy fast food and treats for the last week and have been eating smaller meals and healthy snacks inbetween. Plus, exercising almost every day. If I can just keep this up I can hopefully lose the weight faster than I expected. I'm feeling totally motivated right now :)

xarinn 10-07-2010 12:30 AM

Hey

Yeah the whole replies thing threw me for a loop at first too. It is a wierd way to do it but at least your email isn't clogged with all sorts of junk. Thanks for the congrats on the 9 pounds and way to go on the 3 pounds. I have found that cutting out a lot of the " kid food" ( chicken fingers, grilled cheese etc) seems to make a major difference. I refuse to cook a bunch of different meals so my kids are on a health food kick too now!! it took a couple of days to find stuff we could all agree on but now we are doing great.

Just off to put my son on the school bus so I will post later on today as well

Andrea

xarinn 10-07-2010 03:12 AM

Hey

I was also going to mention before but I ran out of time how frustrating it can be when you are very tall and losing weight. I don't know about you but I have lost almost 10 pounds and really there is not much difference body wise because of my height. I have a friend who is about 5'2 and when she loses 10 pounds it is a major difference on her where as I have not really noticed any difference except on the scales. I know that it also works the opposite way and that it is much easier to hide weight gain when you are tall as well but that can also work to a disadvantage because you barely realize you have gained any weight and then bam your scale shows you 10 pounds heavier. That is just my little rant. Other than that I really like my height!!

Later

Hunny24 10-07-2010 05:30 AM

I am not looking to lose this much but I too remember when I saw on the scale I was 138 and thought oh my god, I am so fat!! Now I wish I weighted that much! I am close...147 but still would rather be at 130-135. I know I can get there but still hard. We want to try for another one in the spring so overall that's my main goal. I was at my heaviest, almost 170 when I got pregnant and then added another 40 pounds to that on my 5'5 frame. So proud of the work so far. Keep up the good work ladies...its a logn road but feels so good when you can look back and see what you have accomplished.