Notices

91 Day Challenge

Old 02-14-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default 'tis the end of week 4

One third of the way through.

Yesterday was nice enough to do some skiing. (Wonderful) I've spent too much money this weekend - trying to keep off the cigarettes and my mind off Valentines Day....

Mostly successful - still haven't lit up.

Weight training and treadmill work today. Too cold to venture outdoors to ski, but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. I'll definitely get out.

64 days and 45 workouts to go!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 30 - Week 5 of 13

Hmmm... I'm about a third of the way through my little challenge. My weight has only changed a little, which is fine. I measured yesterday and find I've shed 7.25 inches since I started - mostly around my middle - so the change I thought I could see was not a mirage after all.

Cool.

Let's see... Monday I went skiing for 2 and a half hours. Wow - straight flat trail - it was all work. 8 or 9 miles of it. I had a migraine come on soon after coming home. Ugh... At least my exercise was done for the day.

Yesterday (Tuesday), I was still feeling head-achey, so that was my rest day. I slept a lot.

Today it's weight training and some cardio. I did some indulging this past weekend, so it's time to clean up my eating a bit.

61 days and 43 workouts to go!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm on board...

I love this idea...and am jumping on board starting tomorrow! I just broke up with a long-term boyfriend and have gone through too many ben and jerry's in the past month to count. My biggest struggle, I think, will be detoxing from the initial lack of sugar (I want to give up all processed sugar), and not emotionally eating.

I'm liking the 5 days a week exercise thing, and my other goal is to give up processed sugar. In the past having a square of dark chocolate as a treat can be really good to satisfy sugar cravings. After my initial detox I'm going to snack on those.

Anyways...I'm off to make up some schedule sheets, and get a good sleep for day one!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sweet!

Sbrookee!!!! So glad you're gonna do it!

Break ups suck. Even when you aren't serious about the guy, it can send you into a tail spin (which I experienced in the fall and gained pounds and inches.)

We do need to be feeling fit and fabulous for ourselves! Then we can enjoy those really terrific men that are bound to be in our futures.

Come on! They won't be able to resist us.

Step aerobics for me today. When I'm not skiing, I need to crank the intensity up on my cardio so I can get better results. I also have a job interview. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

60 days and 42 workouts to go!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Week 5 was a little shakey

Figures... this has generally been the sticking point for me - the 4 or 5 week mark, I mean. The past few years, this has been around the time my plans fizzle out and I give it up.

Well, I don't remember who likened slips to dropping one egg out of the carton, but that was good. I don't plan to smash the rest because of one less-than-stellar day.

Dear Daughter said some really awful things to me Thursday night that had me rocking back on my heels. My heart was broken. Friday I skipped my workouts with my arse on the couch all day. I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked a few that night - with a martini, of course. (It wasn't one that I was allowed this week.) I was not impressed with myself. But that was the idea, of course.

Here's a newsflash: I'm not perfect. I know... there's a shocker, right?

At least I crushed up the cigarettes and threw them out the next morning. After all, I'm not a smoker anymore! I'll get past this and get back to business. Yesterday (Sat) I was tempted again to blow off, but I did a few miles on the treadmill and hit the weights despite not wanting to.

Here's another newsflash: Perfection is not a requirement of success!

It's Day 34. I have one more weight workout this week to make three, so I'm going to do an extra one tomorrow. (I don't lift weights two days in a row.) So - Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday for weights this week. That'll have me sitting pretty, covering Weeks 5 and 6. Today is step aerobics and abs.

57 Days and 40 Workouts to go. I'm sticking with this! BOOhyah.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Kimmie: Good for you for dusting yourself off and hopping back on track! I loved the "Perfection is not a requirement for Success!" In fact, perfectionism leads most people to failure. Yup, you are a non-smoker now and one evening certainly doesn't cancel out all the effort you've applied so far. That was just an Old Pattern. Keep going...we're all cheering you on!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Kimmy, I am so happy that you had the courage to tell us of your off day. I think it is so helpful to know that others go through the same thing I do, struggling sometimes to get past the hurt and stressful events that got us overeating in the first place.

Sometimes I feel like just because I've made a decision to change my life and I've told EVERYONE and I've been exercising and eating a lot less for a whole month, that I just CAN'T fail now. And that feeling scares me so much, that it actually makes me want to give up! That is probably why I've never succeeded in the past, and why, even after all this success, I still struggle as much as ever.

Thank you for the message of not having to be perfect to succeed. I really needed to hear it.

By the way, I also step regularly! On one of the original 90's steps! One of my biggest markers for success is the fact that I can now finish Kathy Smith's Step Workout tape without dying (yes, even the "advanced" section). Not so long ago, I could barely make it through the beginner section. What's your favorite video step workout?

F.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Thanks, Built

Originally Posted by Built
Kimmie: Good for you for dusting yourself off and hopping back on track! I loved the "Perfection is not a requirement for Success!" In fact, perfectionism leads most people to failure. Yup, you are a non-smoker now and one evening certainly doesn't cancel out all the effort you've applied so far. That was just an Old Pattern. Keep going...we're all cheering you on!
Nice to hear the cheers!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Wink frenzied....?

Originally Posted by foodfrenzied
Thank you for the message of not having to be perfect to succeed. I really needed to hear it.

By the way, I also step regularly! On one of the original 90's steps! One of my biggest markers for success is the fact that I can now finish Kathy Smith's Step Workout tape without dying (yes, even the "advanced" section). Not so long ago, I could barely make it through the beginner section. What's your favorite video step workout?
I think that F word (failure, that is...) should be banned. It's almost always used to bludgeon us - it makes me mad.

Your username made me smile. You could just as easily be FITfrenzied, you know. (just a suggestion!)

For step vids, I really like Gin Miller's Aerostep workout, but it's an older title that isn't available on DVD (and my VHS player bit the dust a while back.) I have a pile of Gin Miller's Reebok step vids, actually. Intense Moves will kick your butt... as well The Power Workout. These are all pretty dated. I know she has new stuff, but I've moved on to liking fancier choreography.

On DVD, I have Christi Taylor's Fantastic 4 - Step Heaven and Still Steppin' are both on it. I switch them back and forth.

Another instructor I like is Gay Gasper, who you may remember from the Original Step workout that was distributed with "The Step" in the 90's. Maybe? She has one: CIA 2701: All Out Infused Step that I rented from Netflix. It was tough... but it was good. I might pick that up again.

How 'bout you? What videos do you like?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Kimmy,

Yes, I suppose it could be fitfrenzied, but food currently makes me a lot crazier than exercise, I have to say.

I haven't been exposed to much of anything yet - just Kathy Smith who I completely love. I have been doing her Step Workout and can finally complete the entire thing (which is incredible for me) and her Buns and Thighs Step Workout is excellent as well.

Thank you for your recommendations on this and the Exercise thread - I have checked out collage video and have previewed quite a few videos. I am interested in trying Christi Taylor and at some point I hope to try Cathe Friedrich - but she is wayyy out of my league right now.

frenzied

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.