FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   91 Day Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/209-91-day-challenge.html)

KimmyRocks 01-24-2010 11:11 PM

It's Day 7!

Day 7, workout number 6 of the 91 day challenge.

It's a weight training day. Saturday, I bumped myself up 5 lbs on a few moves - it was challenging, but I got in 8 to 10 reps, so I was ready for that next level.

So for most moves, I'm working with 20 lb dumbbells. I can probably put the 15-pounders away soon. I think upright rows are the only move now that I use 'em for.

I'm a little sore from running intervals yesterday, but I'm happy I did it. (I used to be a runner.) I miss it.

I downloaded some new cardio playlist tunes - it makes a huge difference. Listening to the same tired songs over and over (and over), no matter how fun and funky they start out, can get to be a drag. Three of my favorite new tunes (beats good for about 4.1 mph on the treadmill):

Here I Come - The Roots
Illegal Tender - Louis XIV
The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) - Morgan Page

Hmmm... maybe playlist tunes should be their own thread.

84 days and 59 workouts to go!

Oh! To Babs... sorry - no, I don't do facebook.

KimmyRocks 01-26-2010 12:39 AM

Welcome to Day 8

So... today I tackle my teenager's bedroom. (Please remember me in your prayers.) That girl is a professional slob - I'm scared of what I'm going to find in there, but it's part of my "out with the old energy" strategy for staying on track and feeling good.

It's going to take hours (no exaggerating), with a lot of trips up and down the stairs, doing the laundry that I uncover... hauling the vacuum around, moving furniture, etc.

Hopefully nothing in there will eat me. :o Wish me luck.

83 Days and 59 workouts to go. :cool:

lin2010 01-26-2010 10:20 AM

way to go

I am impressed. I know how hard it is to stay on a program. I'm new here but I'll be rooting for you maybe even join you.
lin;)

KimmyRocks 01-26-2010 11:55 PM

Lunacy loves company!

Come on then, Lin! :D

My last post was eaten - something that is getting REALLY OLD - and I'm not interested in posting it all again. Not today. I'm not in a humor to waste time redo-ing what I already did. :(

Anyway.

It's Day 9 - step aerobics and stretching today. Dinner with Dad tonight.

The Big Clean of 2010 was a success. Too bad the cute stories about dust bunnies, odd socks and candy wrappers were in that last lost post. But it's done and dear daughter and I are thrilled with the results.

Hmmm... Lunacy loves company - that might be my new mantra!

82 days and 58 workouts to go!

KimmyRocks 01-28-2010 12:49 AM

10 - gettin' ziggy with it

Yesterday could have gone better. I didn't make the best choices. I skipped lunch - for no reason other than getting busy learning a new website and being crabby - then dragged arse through my step workout.

It was brutal. I was outta gas before I even started, so I kept watching the clock and saying okay... 20 more minutes... 19 more minutes.... 18 more minutes... maybe I could quit now... you get the idea. I gave up a little early and did 20 minutes of easy walking on the treadmill to try and put my head on straight.

I didn't eat afterward either, so I was ravenous by the time they seated us at the very busy Italian place that we went for dinner. I ate less than half of my eggplant parm and angel hair, but then 1 1/2 hours later - at home - polished off the rest.

The pasta wasn't even that good. That's what bugs me.

I'm going to make sure I'm fed and fueled, but I'm going easy on the calories today - need to zig from yesterday's zag - if you hear what I'm sayin.

It was tough to get through the stress of meeting dad's new "lady friend" without a cigarette either before or after. That's one of the reasons I was in a foul mood yesterday.

Stress starving followed by stress eating? Neither is something I want to do. But at least I didn't light up. (Silver lining?)

Must get ziggy and leave yesterday behind: 81 days and 57 workouts to go.

Edit for change of plans: I was planning a weight training day for today, but my body is saying REST. So - that's what I'll give it. I'll just switch. No prob. 58 workouts to go.

KimmyRocks 01-29-2010 12:25 AM

Day 11

Weight training today after warming up for 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm still feeling a bit run down-ish (despite a long nap yesterday)... I'm SOOOoo not interested in derailing my plans by getting sick now - so I'll see how I'm feeling and decide whether to do more cardio following the weight training.

Even then - I'm not going hard. Just a paced walk to log some mileage is all. :) Steady on!

80 days and 57 workouts to go.

KimmyRocks 01-29-2010 11:58 PM

Sabado Lindo

Day 12 of 91 and all is well :)

Step aerobics today - one of the workouts on Christi Taylor's Fantastic Four DVD.

The fridge is empty and I'm out of yogurt - must do some grocery shopping today. So I'll plan that out and bring a list.

Although I'm not a fan of Walmart, they have these great frozen stir-fry veggie mixes that I can't find anywhere else. The price is right and the variety is even better! There's an asparagus mix that I really love. It's good just microwaved, even.

Walmart also has perfectly portioned wild-caught salmon filets that are quite reasonable - and yummy! It's a great clean protein source, too.

Maybe I should post this on the nutrition page.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!
79 days and 56 workouts to go

KimmyRocks 01-31-2010 11:07 PM

Day 14

I did my weight training and cardio work yesterday to wrap up week number 2. I stuck with my plan despite some suffering related to TTOTM - so I'm glad about that. Still no cigs and winding down with herbal tea in the evenings.

This begins week 3. I just need to stay on the course. Physically and mood-wise, I feel better after exercise. I'm starting to sleep better at night, too. The pounds and inches will come off in time. I've gotta believe and keep going.

77 days (11 weeks) and 54 workouts to go!

cjohnson728 02-01-2010 02:07 AM

Wow, this is a really motivating thread. Love your choices, your willpower, and your positive frame of mind even when all does not go according to plan. I can see coming back to read this whenever I'm on shaky ground. Thanks for sharing your journey...you really do rock!:D

KimmyRocks 02-02-2010 06:47 AM

Thanks, cj!

It's day 15 people!

Hey, cj - thanks for the encouragement. I hope you'll feel free to drop in and post anytime. I'll be glad to offer a (kindly meant) boot in the behinders any time you think it'll help. :D

It's one of the planned rest days for the week today. I just did my taxes and feel a good sense of accomplishment. Crossing things off a 'to do' list is a lovely mood lifter!

I haven't had any water yet today, so I'd best get on that... *glug glug*

I swear I'm starting to see a change in my body - through my torso. That can't be already, can it? Hey - I guess I don't care if it IS a mirage. At least I'm not seeing myself as FATTER. :p right? :p

76 days and 54 workouts to go!