Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, congrats on your 90 lb loss.. that is so awesome. It makes me believe I can do it too. I think building a positive 'healthy lifestyle' image for your daughter is so important. I also think it helps to build a healthy body image. I was very athletic and not overweight as a child, but we grew up in the twiggy age and my mother was always trying to get me to lose weight instead of making me feel great that I was in gymnastics, basketball, track, etc. I use to say I was just ignoring her, but when I started to gain weight as an adult, I realized that I never did have a healthy body image. I dont blame her, she was doing what she thought was best for me, but all my focus now is on getting fit... not thin, not skinny, just fit.

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-11-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Weightlossboss, I didnt quite make my goals the last two days, but my calories are way down even if not under 1500. I will continue to strive to get it down to 1400. It would help if there wasnt candy at every desk at work, but I will take fruit tomorrow and make myself eat it! And I'm going to go upstairs and put in a few more minutes on the treadmill so I'll make my 45 minutes. It really did help me today to know I was going to have to tell you how I did! heh Hope you are having a good day too.

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-11-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! I'm sorry I went AWOL!
However, I didn't get off track... still working on the plan (had a couple bad days here and there).
Lets see... I went on a trip and my dad ended up in the hospital while I was gone, so I gained back 5 lbs that week, which I have since lost.
I just haven't been able to post much, or even enter all my food daily because of school (I just started grad school in September). What time I do have, I waste on my facebook addiction (really should connect with some of you on there) hahaa... Phew. I'm exhausted. I'm not getting to the gym as much as I would like either, ugh.

So, I am having some injections on my spine, and if it works, it should numb the nerves causing all the pain. However, my knee has been bothering me lately (stiff and sore), so I can't seem to get a break here!
I'm down a size in pants and down 2 sizes in shirts (almost down 2 sizes in pants, I'm right at the brink LOL).

I've missed you all! How are all of you?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Owie owie injections! Esp. in the spine! Hope it works for you ChunkyDunk78! Have you thought about working out in a pool instead? I am doing that twice a week and loving it! (of course I am in FL, so the weather is still nice here)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Awol #2

Make that Thanksgiving. For my US friends - plan NOW. In one month I do NOT want to see you suffer through a rather nice holiday with family and friends by over indulging like I have done and at times - deliberately.

It has been a week of former food attitudes and habits. I am sure a team of psychiatrist would have a field day with them BUT today is a new day. I am desperately digging myself out of my pit of food despair and focusing on the climb and not on the pit itself.

My goal - like most of you - is to get fit and healthy. So, I actually, went to the Savation Army and found 2 videos for exercise. One on flexibility, stretching and the other more cardio for seniors. Starting slow. I have had two days of long walks - 90 minutes each. One outside in the nice fall air. The other in the local mall; testing for winter jaunts there and it is do-able. However, wildly distracted by all the shop windows so I will have to keep my head down and just walk!

Today I massacure my Turkey into portion controlled ziplocks for future meals.

Carren
Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Susanbfit, thank you for the motherhood encouragement, I never really know if I am doing this right, it's all trial and error, but at the end of the day I love my children and I tell them so. For me it's all about healthy habits, and I think if you watch your mom always do something there is 1/2 a chance you'll do the same thing, maybe without thinking about it or noticing that it's difficult.

Welcome back chunky, I hear you on the busy life. I'm going to school today too, but not as a student, I'm giving a guest lecture today. It's should be fun I always enjoy this particular lecture series. Good luck with your shots, I'm thinking I have to get another one in my shoulder soon. I went to PT today and got some good exercises to do, we'll see... And congrats on needing some new clothes!!

carrenross, thanks in advance for the turkey day advice. I'm hoping to allow myself a few treats, yet avoid a complete fall off the diet wagon.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually glad to be back at work today. Probably because of the routine more than anything else. I was able to get my walk in at lunch, where I hadn't been doing that at home; and I am eating better and more regulated throughout the day than I did at home, where each time I walked into the kitchen I grabbed something from the fridge/freezer/closet/etc.

I'm down over 20 lbs at this point, which is encouraging...very encouraging. I actually may reach my goal of 325 before the end of December, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. We shall see, though.

Things have been a bit stressful emotionally this past weekend, and will continue to be for a bit longer, so I am trying my hardest to not turn to "comfort food". So far, pretty good. Send happy, positive thoughts my way, folks. Pretty please?

Have a good one, y'all!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Hi ladies! I'm sorry I went AWOL!
However, I didn't get off track... still working on the plan (had a couple bad days here and there).
I'm down a size in pants and down 2 sizes in shirts (almost down 2 sizes in pants, I'm right at the brink LOL).

I've missed you all! How are all of you?
Welcome back CD! I was worried that you had gone and disappeared forever, but it's fab that you're still working on your weight even with all the distractions and being so busy. Life just gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?!
Well done for losing dress sizes!!! Don't you just LOVE that? I started as a UK24 (US20?) and now I'm buying stuff in sizes 18/20 (14/16?) It's definitely the main reason that this is sticking!
Keep up all the good work, and I hope to see you posting a little more often.
Facebook is great, but surely we're greater? x
Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Weightlossboss, I didnt quite make my goals the last two days, but my calories are way down even if not under 1500. I will continue to strive to get it down to 1400. It would help if there wasnt candy at every desk at work, but I will take fruit tomorrow and make myself eat it! And I'm going to go upstairs and put in a few more minutes on the treadmill so I'll make my 45 minutes. It really did help me today to know I was going to have to tell you how I did! heh Hope you are having a good day too.
Haha, well done Susan! With all that candy there was a chance you could've gone 500-1000+ calories over your allowance! You're exercising at least a small degree of self-control. Could you have said that to yourself before you started? I know I couldn't!
Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I actually got home from work at half 6, ate dinner, had a bath, crawled into bed around 9 and fell straight asleep! I've never felt so rundown following a days work, so I let myself sleep. It was definitely the easiest wake-up this morning as well.
I put my progress on your thread for today. I definitely went over my calories by at least 200-300, just hoping that my extreme exercise boosted my metabolism enough to compensate.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default I feel like crap..

Hey everyone, I'm Karen and I'm ready to change everything about myself. I am so tired of looking at myself in the mirror and feeling gross. Today I weighed in at 242 pounds, which is bad for any one, but I'm only 22. Three years ago I was at my lowest weight of around 150 which is great for my height. I cant believe it only took three years for me to put on nearly 100 pounds!! I lack motivation terribly! I bought a copy of 30 day shred now I need to force myself to do it. I want to lose 100 pounds in a year. I know its a tough goal but I need to start somewhere. I enjoy running but cant get motivated enough to get out there and do it. Its so frustrating!! I'm sorry this post is long and all over the place I just have a lot going on in my mind. I will post here every day but I really need the support. I know you all are or were in the same position and I look forward to becoming friends with everyone.

Karen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.