Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

The diet here in our house tends to be very low sodium, but we don't eat a lot of things that come in cans or boxes. We grow a huge garden in the summer and I do a lot of canning/freezing/drying. So I would totally agree that doing all your own cooking and preserving (if it's feasible) is the most effective way of keeping your diet low-sodium. I know it's not possible for everyone to grow their own food, but it's something to think about.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-02-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Happy one year anniversary, almeeker! I just noticed in your sig that your weight loss journey began a year ago. What a great time to celebrate your amazing accomplishment. Congrats on all of your hard work, and cheers to a healthier you! Well done!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New here and need to lose 98 pounds

Hello all. I just joined this online. I've had FitDay for a few years. LOVE IT. I never really used it till about 8 months ago. I'm down 52 pounds and still have 98 more to goal. I'm 55 years old, married 38 years and Grandma to one beautiful Granddaughter. Nice to meet you all. Slimcerely, Sherry
Old 10-03-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Zootnarf, I was sort of half hearted in the beginning, but I lost 16 pounds between October 1st and Thanksgiving. Then I went off plan between T-day and X-mas, and gained back 10 of it . Christmas Day the brand new Wii Fit Plus called me obese in front of my whole family and the next day I got down to business. It still tells me I'm overweight every morning, but that little bar is better than 1/2 way down the "overweight" portion of the dial. So I have some faith that eventually I'll get down into the "healthy weight" zone.

Welcome aboard slimcerely, very funny screen name by the way... And congratulations on the 52 lbs already gone!!!!

Welcome aboard dhburns, you can do this, you just have to find the will to keep at it after you lose that first 20 pounds. I think also one major key to success is to actually believe you can do it. Another key for me is to get right back on track after a fall.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sherry! I'm also a Sheri.

Congrats on your terrific weight loss so far. Well done! I've been using FitDay for many years, too, but just recently discovered the forums. I'm not sure how long they have been here, but I don't think it has been very long. This is a very helpful and supportive group. Welcome, and keep up the good work!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Last Friday the local weather forecast was predicting a hard frost for either Saturday or Sunday morning. For the first time ever we successfully grew sweet potatoes. I know they are easy to raise in other parts of the world, but here in the frozen north you have to cheat a bit to get a good crop (aka buy plants from the greenhouse). Anyway, since we've never raised them before we didn't know if they were frost hardy, so out came the shovels and the wheelbarrow. Holy wah! We literally dug up like 50-60 pounds of sweet potatoes, and they are HUGE!!! The biggest one looks like a ring baloney and weighs almost 5 pounds. Last night for dinner I baked just 1, and we split it between the 5 of us, and it was delicious. Maybe I should have dug them up sooner eh? Well live and learn.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Holy wow, almeeker, that is awesome! I love, love, love sweet potatoes. They are amazing. Great grilled.

We're having squash soup tomorrow. I am very excited about this. :-)

Last night I made dinner for the fam for what I believe is the first time ever. An altered version of New England Clam Chowder...not quite as creamy, but good nonetheless. I also made honey wheat bread. It was delicious! I think I'm going to make dinner once a week from now on. I think it's a good thing for me to do, especially since I love baking...why not make something healthy for a change? :-)

Oh, and I just made my first teeny tiny goal that was in my head....I'm under 350 now! :-D

Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Great way to start off the month with October Ovations! I almost forgot it was October too. Wow, it's true what our parents tell us... time really flies as you get older.

Welcome to our new 100+ group members! You couldn't have picked a better place to find support and encouragement.

Today, it's very sunny & brisk outside! It feels like Autumn and the delicious smells of wood burning are filling the air. I could inhale that all day.

I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and thinking, "Yay! Another pound destroyed according to the scale!" I even weighed with my clothes on today so it might be slightly more... but I'm too chilly to get nekkie! LOL

*noticing all the exclamation points in my sentences today, I must be excited!!! hehe*

Anyway, *group hug*, today IS a new day! Take some deep breaths, reconfirm how important you are to yourself, and make the best choices for your good health & well being that you can. We deserve that!

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I don't have 100 pounds to lose, but this looks like a great and fun group to join, so I hope you don't mind jumping on. I'm 38 years old, 5'6", and currently weigh 201 pounds. My goal is to hit 140 by Christmas 2011. I used Fitday about 3 years ago and was able to lose 40 pounds, but then got off track and gained it all back. Now I don't have any choice but to lose the weight. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is basically arthritis of the spine. The disease is getting worse, so I'll feel much better if I can get this excess weight off. If I make 140 (what I weighed when I got married 16 years ago) I'll be excited!

Been back on Fitday for 2 months now and have only dropped about 10 pounds. But, the inches are what is amazing. I've lost 3 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my hips and 1 1/2 inches on my thighs. I love how loose my pants are feeling even though the scale isn't showing much of a difference.

I can't excersize much due to my physical limitations, but I do try to keep moving as much as I can. I must admit that my house is the cleanest it has even been. I think I'm going to start washing walls soon since it is getting too cool to do much outside.

I love reading all the posts her in the forum, and I hope you don't mind me joining your group. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome heathe1marie! I too want to get to 140 by Dec. 2011!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.