Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-10-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cacilona
Everyday I say I am going to eat better and for most of the day I do....then I get that sugar craving and all bets are off....starting to feel worthless about not being able to care more about my health
Carol,
We are close to the same weight, and I share your frustration at my every day good intention beginnings that get waylaid. I just bought fitday, but I have had diet software before, and I 'know' that I always stop posting my food when I am off program. I am going to post every bite today. Hopefully it will help me either 1) eat less or 2) be honest with myself. And then tomorrow I'm going to commit to the same thing. Want to join me in the commitment?
Susan
Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

thank you nru1286 and mlcooli and all the others that post their great tips here on this link. I plan to get me some raspberries and cool whip.. sounds yum!

mlcooli, apple picking sounds like fun, and I bet it is good exercise, all that stretching to reach for the apples. Are they your own trees?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Congrats on the body changes and the positive attitude. You inspired me to go take my measurements this morning.. ack! but its good to know. Today is day one of my 7 day motivational challenge (which I guess is just with myself..heh). I had hoped to find people to join me because it always helps me to know others are cheering me on, but even though no one did, I'm still going to try to see what I can accomplish in 7 days. I have had such a hard time starting again. I had just totally given up when I up'd my exercise, but gained weight because I had also up'd my eating. hehe.. I know thats not the way to do it! Anyway, today is a new day and I am inspired.

Looking forward to hearing what your stats are next week weightlossboo!
Thank you Susan!
I'm 15 weeks into my journey now, and while some of my recent weekly losses have been good I know that some weeks (such as this) won't be so great, and I needed another way to stop myself from giving up.
I measure every other Saturday, and each time the numbers get less scary!

Oh, and I will start tomorrow on a 7 day challenge if you'd like! My aim for this week is to record a loss on my weigh-day (Saturday), and not to go overboard with my eating on the weekend when my routine seems to go down the toilet. I will post my achievements (and failures) each evening on the 100+ board, as well as a record of my daily activities, as I don't log them with FitDay due to inaccuracy.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Thank you Susan!
I'm 15 weeks into my journey now, and while some of my recent weekly losses have been good I know that some weeks (such as this) won't be so great, and I needed another way to stop myself from giving up.
I measure every other Saturday, and each time the numbers get less scary!

Oh, and I will start tomorrow on a 7 day challenge if you'd like! My aim for this week is to record a loss on my weigh-day (Saturday), and not to go overboard with my eating on the weekend when my routine seems to go down the toilet. I will post my achievements (and failures) each evening on the 100+ board, as well as a record of my daily activities, as I don't log them with FitDay due to inaccuracy.
Congrats on 15 weeks and 53 lbs! That would be great if you wanted to join me in a 7 day challenge. I dont know why it helps me to know I have to post to someone my days success but it does. I have added my daily goals to my signature, and I will post each day. Starting anytime is fine with me. I'll keep focused on today, and look for you to start yours tomorrow thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

I understand what you mean Susan. I always like to tell others what I have achieved, especially those who can understand why even the smallest achievements feel huge.
I'm also going to be aiming to reach a total weight loss of 56lbs (4st) for this weeks weigh-in, and checking with you that you're reaching your daily targets!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. I just wanted to share something silly. Behind me while I type this my oldest DD is putting in her 20 min morning workout. She's 9 and just a little on the chub side, not terrible but enough so that a morning workout is a good thing. Anyway a couple of weeks ago she had to run a mile in gym class, which took her 12 1/2 minutes. Apparently the only kid slower is a severe asthmatic, so of course she got laughed at. So she and I had a good heart to heart about how she might not be a born runner, but that she can train her body to do it much faster, and we made up a plan for her to work on it; 20 minutes on the elliptical M-W-F mornings, and on Su-T-Th we do C25K at the park. Anyway the funny part is that she has her headphones on and is singing at the top of her lungs. Okay she might not be a runner, but she's got a beautiful set of pipes!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

What you are doing for your daughter is marvellous, the important thing is not to let her feel small,and you are doing that perfectly.

I had a conversation with my 30yr old daughter 2/3 years ago that went along the lines of "That`s a lovely photo of you on the beach ,you look so slim,how much do you weigh" I got back "I don`t care how much I weigh ,I just eat healthily,lots of smoothies. All my life you have been on a diet, I don`t want to be like that "

If you continue encouraging her to enjoy everything without any paranoia its the best gift you can give her

Pam xx
Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pamsdish
What you are doing for your daughter is marvellous, the important thing is not to let her feel small,and you are doing that perfectly.

I had a conversation with my 30yr old daughter 2/3 years ago that went along the lines of "That`s a lovely photo of you on the beach ,you look so slim,how much do you weigh" I got back "I don`t care how much I weigh ,I just eat healthily,lots of smoothies. All my life you have been on a diet, I don`t want to be like that "

If you continue encouraging her to enjoy everything without any paranoia its the best gift you can give her

Pam xx
My mother is fabulous and I love her very much, but about a year ago she started in on how our oldest DD needs to go on a diet, I broke out into a cold sweat and got the shakes. It was like re-living the horrible parts of my own childhood. In 4th grade I was put on a diet, with shakes for meals and celery sticks for snacks, and I spent the better part of my childhood either "on" or "off" that diet. When what would have helped a lot more would have been for my parents to skip the expensive shake powder and to spend the money on ballet and tap dancing classes instead, which by the way I BEGGED for. I was pretty uncoordinated, so I think my mom thought she was protecting me from ridicule and saving herself the battle of trying to get me to and from the dance studio.

I don't know how our DD is going to turn out from any of this, I certainly don't have all the answers, but I know she will benefit from shortening up the time it takes her to run a mile. And I think having her learn that she CAN be more athletic through shear determination is also a very important lesson, and I like that she's getting into the habit of being active everyday. I have my fingers crossed. For her birthday she wanted a Nintendo DS, but we got her a pink ZUNE instead. We just couldn't see giving a fairly sedentary kid another reason to sit still. The ZUNE is pretty cool, and it's given her and daddy something to bond over, he loves a good tech toy.

Now I gotta figure out how to get the youngest moving, she's a total couch potato...
Old 10-11-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

OK whats a ZUNE?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

It's an MP3 player, so it's got your music, it also plays podcasts, videos and movies. You have to load it all on to the device yourself, but it talks to our computer well enough. It's actually pretty cool, this morning she went back and forth between music and TV shows that she likes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.