Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose >

Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose

Community
Notices

Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose

Old 08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose

I'm committed to give myself a Christmas gift of losing 20lbs by Dec. 25th. Anyone want to join me for an 18week commitment?

I am thinking of a once or twice a week check-in to help us stay accountable. Once weekly for weigh-ins. And maybe an additional time just to stay on target with eating right and exercising.

I have been a good starter of weight loss but only a good starter....never a good finisher and completing my goal. This time, I am committed to reaching my goal no matter what.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Maybe we could work together

Hi! I started in June with a goal to lose from 154# to 135# by Nov 11 (my 45th birthday). Using the food and activity logs really helped me see the error of my ways (I was giving myself much too much credit for calories burned by exercising!). I got serious about cutting calories healthfully and lost 11 pounds. By that point I decided to change my goal from 135 to 130 by the birthday - should be achievable. That means my goal by Christmas would be 125# (about 18 from where I am now) I am right on track. I do not follow any of the popular diets out there (and please don't try to convert me!) but am simply making healthier choices and cutting back on the junk. I do have some junk, and drink alcohol from time to time.
I like the idea of checking in 1-2X/wk.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I have a "little" more to lose than 20lbs, but am willing to motivate anyone. I'm looking to lose a total of 70lbs, so far 15lbs have gone away in 2 months. I was really wanting to lose all by Dec. 20th, but I will settle for my birthday 2-27. I cut carbs, higher proteins and watch calories. I try to get some type of physical movement every day, with workouts 3 times a week. Mine is a slow journey, but I'm at least moving in the right direction.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 183lbs (8-21-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)-(2-27-11)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step."
Old 08-21-2010, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Zinal, my weight is coming off a lot slower than expected too, I've reduced my calories and fat intake greatly and started exercising 5 days a week and only lost 10 lbs in almost 7 weeks. It can get quite discouraging but we need to keep at it, at least it's definitely better than nothing!
Renee
Start weight 7/13: 215 lbs
Current weight 8/21: 205 lbs
Goal weight 7/13/11: 145 lbs

Last edited by rlynn456; 08-21-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 1

Thanks for the replies. Sorry this reply is so long.

A little about me:
I'm starting at 163.9 lbs and trying to drop 25 lbs by Dec. 25. No one has known what I weigh for years (and I intend to keep it a secret with the exception of these boards) Who knows if I will adjust that 25 lbs to lose 5 lbs more. I haven't seen my body at 138.9lbs in a long time.

I think any method each of us determines is best for us to lose weight (as long as it's a healthy option) is fine. I know my body responds best when I limit carbs so that's where I'm starting for now. I am doing South Beach Phase I for 3 weeks and will continue to Phase II from there.

I did Jenny Craig in the Spring, lost 17lbs and gained it back (mainly because I got so tired of eating the same foods). I need variety in my food or I get bored and boredom leads to terrible decisions. I am tracking what I eat (calories and all) because I personally like structure-it helps keep me honest.

To motivate myself, these are the types of things I say to myself all the time:

> You are in control of looking as good/healthy/toned/thin as you want.
> You are also in control of looking as overweight/flabby/thick-thighed/ as you want.
--> With so many of life's decisions decided for you, take advantage that this decision is up to you. You can succeed or fail as much as you want-you just have to be prepared to be content with your outcomes.

Have a great week everyone! Please check-in from time to time to tell me how it's going for you.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm In

Its been a very rough year for me. January started off homeless (left abruptly when landlord turned abusive during a bad divorce), then we fixed that, then I got pregnant, then we moved, then I lost the baby, then i lost my best friend, then we lost our jobs and now here I am. All in my first year of marriage too.
I used to a be a professional grade dancer so my weight gain over the last few years has really been hard but I've taken it in stride. However, since I lost the baby and have been dealing with a few lingering health issues I've become determined to get back to being healthy.
I'm currently 15 pounds overweight and I'm hoping to have that gone by my birthday- 11/23 and I'm hoping to have a full 20 pounds off by Christmas. I can't do it on my own though!! I definitely need a motivator. Someone to hold me accountable. I'm great at being a cheerleader for other people but I am terrible at doing it for myself.
I'm still determining what is going to work best for me since I've been through so many changes in the last few years. Having been so active I don't know if its going to be harder or easier to start losing. Guess I'll find out.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LipstickApples
Its been a very rough year for me.....
My first year also brought alot of problems. It took 6 months before I could start losing any weight after my miscarriage. My body was still in "baby" mode, that and depression eating. The doctor said it takes time for one to physically and mentally get over a loss like this. It has been 23yrs ago, but I still have the "whatifs". I loss my weight by walking and doing core conditioning. Just give your body time to get back to pre-pregnancy hormones and cycles and I'm sure you'll lose the weight. I'm starting the P90X this week, will let you know how it does. I'm 44 yrs old, so I'm just hoping I don't die from the workout. My prayers are with you and after 20yrs of ups and downs, I can tell you this, things will get better.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Just yesterday I was feeling so confident that I'd figured out how to lose the weight - recorded 142# for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, I had a huge attack of hunger while at a church celebration and ate an Italian beef sandwich, the crusts of my kids' pizza, and 1/2 a Butterfinger. The feelings were so overwhelming, I would've eaten more if I coulda gotten my hands on it! It's crazy how out of nowhere the hunger can attack. I know you're not supposed to weigh every day, but was up to 144 this morning (more to do with the salty sandwich than the calories) Boo.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

For those who have been through tremendously tough times, you are an inspiration. It's difficult to keep your personal goals intact during emotional times. Emotional eating has always been a weakness for me and I'm trying to break the cycle.

I am only 5 days into being a hawk over logging my food, eating very well and exercising each day. I was 3 lbs down yesterday and gained half of it again when I got on the scale this morning (think water retention since I didn't eat poory). For the 1st time, it doesn't bother me. I'm enjoying watching the weight graph on FitDay because ultimately that graph will point downward and that means progress.

Nottango, congrats on hitting 142! Don't let that hunger attack get you down- just a short setback. Sounds like you're close to seeing it again soon!!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default sorry

I just read the posts abo9ve my last one, and can't believe how insensitive I was. I am truly sorry that I came across like a self-centered oaf. I can't imagine going through what some of you have.
I'm very glad to have new members to our group, and hope you'll keep coming back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.