Notices

Beware of Under-eating

Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Beware of Under-eating

I was wondering why my weight loss suddenly went to a complete hault, and why I always seemed hungry lately. Unfortunately I had to give a rough estimate of the measurements of foods I had been eating because I didn't have a weight scale. I would use a bowl I new was roughly 250ml or a glass I knew was roughly 6oz to give me an idea of my measurements, but when it came to meats and other solids, I was lost. I always tried to base the whole thing of 3oz of meat is roughly the size of my palm, but how thick?

So, I recieved my kitchen scale in the post yesterday, and got batteries this morning. Yesterday I thought I had overeaten on some chicken I made- making my caloric intake several hunderd over what I have as my goal. Today I measured the chicken to see if I was right, and I was HORRIBLY off. I had overguessed by double!! So in fact, I thought my caloric intake was over, when it was indeed WAY under by several hundred!

This has been going on for several weeks now, so come to find out instead of getting the 1200-1400 calories I've been aiming for I've been getting more like 800 per day.

BE CAREFUL of not getting enough calories. I'm a good example of what a metabolism does when not getting enough. No wonder I was so hungry! I was feelng guilty eating anything, and wondering how I managed to lose weight before at all. I was also starting to binge eat again, like the other day I ate 2 pieces of cake in one sitting, and later icecream, and yes, even yesterday...

So, I realize my body was reacting to that. THANK GOD the scale came. I can't imagine what the long term damage could have been had I not gotten one.

So, eating is just as important as monitorying how much you eat Ladies!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Wow. I bet we all do that - over guess trying to be honest. If I'm hungry at night I know I've under eating. Salad always confuses me. Seems like I eat a bucket of it everyday but weighing is very important. Being GF means double checking everything. I had misread a cracker box and was just about only smelling them thinking I couldn't have. LOL. We need to eat to Lose. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.