Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Anyone trying to loose the baby weight? >

Anyone trying to loose the baby weight?

Community
Notices

Anyone trying to loose the baby weight?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone trying to loose the baby weight?

Long story short - my husband and I struggled to have a baby for over a year - we had one miscarriage and I gained about 20 pounds which didn't help trying to have a baby. Than a year after we started trying - we got pregnant - I gained only 30 pounds (the normal weight gain). But unfortunately have only been able to lose 10-15 pounds..... So I am sitting at 40 pounds overweight and my son will be a year in October...

Anyone else?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

I was the same with both of mine. I had 50 lbs left over after the first, and after the second managed to get most of the weight off within a few weeks, but still had weight left from the first. (They were 17 months apart) After my second, I started a good exercise routine in the evenings after they went to sleep, by walking a minimum of 2 miles-speed walking, jogging on a trampeline, and stretching. I counted calories, and drank a TON of water. Within the first 2 months I remember I lost 15 lbs, and within 4 months I was down about 25 lbs. I was okay with that because before I had my daughters I was underweight (117lbs at 5'6), and wanted to be about 130 lbs, and had managed to achieve 180 during my pregnancies, and 160 after. I got back down 140, and realized I was happy with that.

Just set up an exercise routine, and stick to it! I also can say, they baby belly can go away! I know mine started to go away at one point when I was really physically fit about 3 years ago. I could even see the muscles forming, and the loose baby pooch was going away, but I slipped up, and made the mistake of thinking I could eat everything in site while maintaining..Boy do I regret that! So, that's why I'm back here, back up to 172 lbs...

You can do it! It's totally within your reach! You just gotta keep on a healthy routine. =D I even took to dancing with my little ones after feeding time, to lul them back to sleep, and I was amazed at how this worked me out, as well as knocked them out.