FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2008-14-weeks-til-christmas-30-pounds-anyone.html)

lindaybarnett 09-21-2010 05:13 AM

Count me in too. I need the motivation.

Current weight: 246
Christmas goal: 215
Ultimate goal: 165

almeeker 09-21-2010 05:56 AM

We wish you a mini Christmas
And a hot set of gluts (sizzle finger on fanny)

Sorry, I sing to children and use sign language all day, can't seem to sing a silly diddy without waving my hands around...

[email protected] 09-21-2010 06:29 AM

How to do it?

Right now I am walking 4 days per week, 25 minutes each time and doing aqua fitness twice per week.

I plan to up my walking to 30-40 minutes at least 4 times per week and add lap swimming twice a week.

What are you going to do to meet the goal of 30lbs. gone by Christmas?

harpegcanuck 09-21-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 21523)
What are you going to do to meet the goal of 30lbs. gone by Christmas?

Great question lchamberla! I'd love to know what everyone is putting in motion to make this a reality. My creative streak is looking for an outlet other than "Budgets" so a rewritten Christmas tune is on my To Do List for the weekend.

I plan on hopping on the elliptical 5 days per week and tweaking that resistance setting like mad to keep my heart rate up for 45 minutes each session. I'm also digging out my hand weights/barbells and stability ball going through some books I bought a few years ago from the "How to Look Good Naked" series. :eek: The titles make me howl and I had to pick them up.;)
Oh and I'm increasing my water intake from 8 cups per day to 12 -- with a goal of 15 cups per day.

changeisgood29 09-21-2010 09:28 AM

Good question, Laura! I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday, and aim to use the treadmill/elliptical 40min 6x a week (up from my most recent average of 3-4x/wk). RAWR! Yes, that's right, I wish you all a great deal of RAWR. May you put it to good use. :)

xarinn 09-21-2010 10:01 AM

I am getting lots of inspiration from other peoples posts on what they are going to do!!

I live in a very rural setting and have 2 small children so a gym is not an option for me. I have a step that I use for an 1/2 hour every night while I am watching my favourite shows and then for the other 1/2 hour I use me stability ball and free weights.

I just recently got a pilates video so I plan on doing that every other day while the baby naps and my son is in school. I have heard that pilates isn't so great for weight loss but excellent for building muscles and shaping...

Any comments or experience with pilates guys?

jammiepants 09-21-2010 11:31 AM

Count me in please! This sounds like a great way to stay motivated.:D

Starting weight 284
Current weight 255
Goal weight 125

almeeker 09-21-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by harpegcanuck (Post 21526)
Great question lchamberla! I'd love to know what everyone is putting in motion to make this a reality. My creative streak is looking for an outlet other than "Budgets" so a rewritten Christmas tune is on my To Do List for the weekend.

I plan on hopping on the elliptical 5 days per week and tweaking that resistance setting like mad to keep my heart rate up for 45 minutes each session. I'm also digging out my hand weights/barbells and stability ball going through some books I bought a few years ago from the "How to Look Good Naked" series. :eek: The titles make me howl and I had to pick them up.;)
Oh and I'm increasing my water intake from 8 cups per day to 12 -- with a goal of 15 cups per day.

LOL that title makes me howl too!!! I wonder if I can check that out at my library? I'm pretty sure it's going to take more than a book for me to look good naked.

Okay to make my goal, I'm going to keep my intake in check, and I'm going to put in a solid hour of workout or cardio M-F, and then do active things on the weekends.

AmySmiles28 09-21-2010 12:55 PM

Making It Happen!

Originally Posted by
What are [I
you[/I] going to do to meet the goal of 30lbs. gone by Christmas?

1.Logging and charting everything I eat!
2.Portion control / Calorie counting/ Carb and Protein Balancing
3. Working out: Starting with Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile (50 Min.), then when I feel stronger and it is no longer challenging enough, I'll start Slim in 6.

* 5 years ago I did slim in 6 and pilates and got in the best shape of my life!

4.Drink 120 oz of water a day
5.Stick to my plan.
6. Stay positive! No excuses!

emy62509 09-21-2010 01:12 PM

I'm new here and want to join this too! Im at 177ish and don't really have a goal weight per say but 30 sounds about right. Im ready to start this!!! I plan to work more on planning my meals each day and not ending up at work with nothing to eat for 12 hours. I also have got to get the gym- even at 0230 in the am when im getting off work- if only a quick mile- the gym is at my work- no excuses. And my number one goal is total will power. No giving in!!!!!!!!! Im excited!!