FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   14 Weeks 'Til Christmas - 30 Pounds Anyone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2008-14-weeks-til-christmas-30-pounds-anyone.html)

LotusD 09-21-2010 02:15 PM

14 weeks to make my 2010 resolution a reality

Where did the year go? I don't want to start 2011 in the same place, at the same weight as a year ago. I'm in for the challenge!

Current Weight: 195
Goal Weight by Christmas: 165

07thatgirl 09-21-2010 02:23 PM

What are you going to do to meet the goal of 30lbs. gone by Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Such inspiration! To walk the talk:
*Tracking tracking tracking!- counting calories, eating healthy and portion control
*Exercise- to the gym and walking 4 in 60 (4 miles/ hour) for cardio and weight training at least 4x week
*Drink- at least 8 glasses of water daily

Start September 172 lbs.
Christmas Goal 142 lbs.

flojo773 09-21-2010 03:05 PM

Yes, new to fitday today but I'm in!

I can't think of a better Christmas present. I will weigh in tomorrow and post. Wednesdays will be my weigh in day. Thanks for the inspiration.

WeightlossBoo 09-21-2010 06:01 PM

In order to reach my Christmas goal I will;
Do between 30-60 minutes cardio 5x a week.
Do 5+ fitness/strength training classes a week.
Do 15 minutes weights at home 5x a week.
Walk a 5K twice a week.

And I will continue to;
Control my portions and record my food intake.
Avoid simple carbs/empty calories.
Eats lots of good quality protein.
Drink 3 litres of water per day.

traceymc1985 09-21-2010 09:24 PM

What i will do to reach goal:

1. Attend every meeting at weightwatchers!
2. Track all the food i eat everyday and stay within the daily points.
3. Try really hard to exercise more
4. Stay focused at times when its harder to stay on track-parties and weekends
5. Increase my water intake

I am also going to prepare meals for the rest of the family in a healthy way so that we can all enjoy eating the same thing. I want to set a good example to my children so that they dont pick up the bad habits that i did when i was growing up.

6. Increase physical activity with the kids more- bike rides, football in the park etc
7. I will try and sleep more on a night so i will have more energy the next day to be motivated to do exercise.
8. Watch my portion control!!

I will stay positive-me too excited about the changes!!

almeeker 09-21-2010 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by traceymc1985 (Post 21558)
What i will do to reach goal:

1. Attend every meeting at weightwatchers!
2. Track all the food i eat everyday and stay within the daily points.
3. Try really hard to exercise more
4. Stay focused at times when its harder to stay on track-parties and weekends
5. Increase my water intake

I am also going to prepare meals for the rest of the family in a healthy way so that we can all enjoy eating the same thing. I want to set a good example to my children so that they dont pick up the bad habits that i did when i was growing up.

6. Increase physical activity with the kids more- bike rides, football in the park etc
7. I will try and sleep more on a night so i will have more energy the next day to be motivated to do exercise.
8. Watch my portion control!!

I will stay positive-me too excited about the changes!!

Awesome way to set the bar higher for the rest of us.

DH and I have 3 girls, and since I've started doing this I've been trying to feed us all the same dinner, and it's taken several pounds off our oldest and she's not had to diet at all.

[email protected] 09-22-2010 12:55 AM

Good start for the day

I walked for 35 minutes this morning before work! Shooting to do the same or longer tomorrow...

xarinn 09-22-2010 01:54 AM

Hey guys

Great news!! I now fit into my size 11 jeans!!! I have this thing that I do for motivation, I buy one pair of jeans a size smaller then what I am wearing right now and once a week I try them on to see how close they are to fitting. It gives me additional motivation because just because the scale isn't always moving doesn't mean that your body is not changing shape. So today when I went to try on my size 11's they fit, I mean they slide on perfectly no jumping or wiggling or anything!! I guess I am off to buy a pair of size 9's now!!

This was just the extra boost I needed this morning, it is rainy and overall crappy here and I was feeling lazy, not anymore!!

butterfly135 09-22-2010 03:24 AM

Yes, I am going to do this!

I will plan on walking at least 2.5 miles everyday (before coffee!)
Weights 2x week
Bike or elliptical 2x week
Starting weight: 187
Goal weight @ Christmas 2010: 157
Ultimate goal weight by 4/1/2011: 135

Thanks for the motivation:):)

almeeker 09-22-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by xarinn (Post 21574)
Hey guys

Great news!! I now fit into my size 11 jeans!!! I have this thing that I do for motivation, I buy one pair of jeans a size smaller then what I am wearing right now and once a week I try them on to see how close they are to fitting. It gives me additional motivation because just because the scale isn't always moving doesn't mean that your body is not changing shape. So today when I went to try on my size 11's they fit, I mean they slide on perfectly no jumping or wiggling or anything!! I guess I am off to buy a pair of size 9's now!!

This was just the extra boost I needed this morning, it is rainy and overall crappy here and I was feeling lazy, not anymore!!

I do this too!!! Right now I'm wearing a few pairs of 10's and some 8's, I also have a couple of pair of size 11 Juniors that fit too, so next time I'm out shopping I'm going to pick up some 6's and maybe a pair of 9 Juniors, we'll see the Junior sizes don't really have quite enough fanny for a woman my age.

AmySmiles28 09-22-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by xarinn (Post 21574)
Hey guys

Way to go! You'll be in those 9's in no time!

AmySmiles28 09-22-2010 10:10 AM

Weigh In

Wednesdays are my weigh in days because I started on a Wednesday. Results this week.....Down 5.5 pounds!I can't believe it! Thats way more than I anticipated. Hope I can keep it up!

harpegcanuck 09-22-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by AmySmiles28 (Post 21618)
Wednesdays are my weigh in days because I started on a Wednesday. Results this week.....Down 5.5 pounds!I can't believe it! Thats way more than I anticipated. Hope I can keep it up!

Way to go Amy! Congrats! Excellent work! This is something we can do but only with great examples around us. :)

I keep picturing myself in those smaller clothes tucked away at the back of my closet on Christmas morning and it's helping me to get my brain to co-operate. Ladies any other fool-the-brain mental tricks on achieving this goal?

xarinn 09-22-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 21613)
I do this too!!! Right now I'm wearing a few pairs of 10's and some 8's, I also have a couple of pair of size 11 Juniors that fit too, so next time I'm out shopping I'm going to pick up some 6's and maybe a pair of 9 Juniors, we'll see the Junior sizes don't really have quite enough fanny for a woman my age.

I would never fit into a junior size, at 5'11" I am lucky to fit into regular woman's jeans length wise it is great motivation though!!!!

almeeker 09-22-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by xarinn (Post 21622)
I would never fit into a junior size, at 5'11" I am lucky to fit into regular woman's jeans length wise it is great motivation though!!!!

You might be surprised by the jr. sizes, I certainly was. Think about it, jr sized teenage girls are all at or nearly at their adult height, I've seen both longs and petites in the piles. The cuts tend to be long and leggy with less fanny than women's sizes, and the styles are sometimes a little iffy for a woman my age, but there are some good finds too. The only reason I bothered to shop the jr sizes is because we have a 9 year old DD that is difficult to fit and sometimes the jr. sizes work out for her. And low & behold, they sometimes work out for me too!!! Who knew?

GameGal 09-23-2010 02:25 AM

Awww come on almeeker.. asre you trying to tell us that those jeans with slits and rips in 'unmentionable' places are not for us women??? ;):D

I am heartbroken that I wont be able to look forward to those for my 56th b-day lol lol Or how about those cut to land microscopicly close to pubic hairs?? And we thought guys showing butt cracks was bad!! :eek:

Im off to aquasize.. have a good one ladies!

flutrbug 09-23-2010 03:33 AM

jmaemme - Thanks for the encouragement..... I know it took some time to put the weight on (over 2 years - we struggled getting pregnant, than a miscarriage and finally a pregnacy).

harrpegcanuck - CONGRATS on the 5.5lbs. That is awesome!

I am currently down 5lbs from my starting weight (I weigh on Wednesdays - since that is when I started).

My plan to lose the 2.5 pounds a week for the next 14 weeks is:
1. Calorie count/restrict calories to 1000-1200 calories a day.
2. Shoot to do cardio for at least 30 minutes 6 times a week - to start - than add some resistance training.
3. Keep my body guessing but changing up the work out routines... I am trying to stick to P90X diet and exercise (but not being super strick with either - until I hit the platuea than it's go time with the strict regime).
4. Drinking a gallon of water a day.
5. Having one down day so that I don't get burned out and stay motivated.
6. Allowing my self some slack on the diet - if I cheat once - it's ok as long as I get back on track.... We are all human and we can't be too strict or it wont be worth it and we will give up - at least that is my experience anyways....

So glad to see/hear everyone being so motivated! Awesome work ladies - keep it up!

almeeker 09-23-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by GameGal (Post 21666)
Awww come on almeeker.. asre you trying to tell us that those jeans with slits and rips in 'unmentionable' places are not for us women??? ;):D

I am heartbroken that I wont be able to look forward to those for my 56th b-day lol lol Or how about those cut to land microscopicly close to pubic hairs?? And we thought guys showing butt cracks was bad!! :eek:

Im off to aquasize.. have a good one ladies!

Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to say. You know some people can wear that stuff and it's "them", but even when I can squeeze my saggy butt into some of it, I look in the mirror and think to myself "this is not a good "look" on anyone, let alone a woman with some self respect". I have issues with paying top dollar for clothing that someone else ripped, or stained on purpose. Good grief I can handle that myself, without even trying.

And another thing, I grew up on a farm, and we used to special order bootcut jeans from the catalogs (they weren't "in-style" so you couldn't find them in the stores). The bootcuts were to wear when we wore our cowboy boots (you really do need the extra room), and we only wore our cowboy boots when we rode horses or mucked out stalls. So to me the "bootcut + flipflop" look is just very odd. Also bootcut jeans are supposed to be longer than your regular pants, because cowboy boots typically have 1 1/2" heels on them, they are not supposed to be long so they drag on the ground til they shred. If I have offended any fashionistas, my apologies.

I don't do microscopic shorts either. Well okay I have that one pair I bought not realizing just how short they were, but I only wear them at home to work out in, with the drapes a closed.

brandismom1990 09-23-2010 06:15 AM

THis group is great. SO motivating. Count me IN!!

GOAL WEIGHT– 155
Maintenance weight – 155-60
CURRENT WEIGHT – 222.2
CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE WEIGHT – 192.2
5’10, current size 18/16, goal size 10-12 tops & dresses, 8-10 skirts and pants (I’m built like a boy so my shoulders will never be an eight, but I got as low as a 6 in a few items on the bottom)
REWARDS:
FIRST GIFT FOR 5 lbs down: New RED Microwave (Mine died and I’d spend $39 now on a cheap one, but I really want the $69 red one so I’m making it an incentive! I don’t micro much – but it is convenient when I make and freeze crock pot meals not to have to reheat them on stove or in oven)
2nd GIFT FOR 10 lbs. down: Food Processor
3rd GIFT FOR 15 lbs down: Red Electric Teakettle
4th GIFT FOR 20 lbs down: 3-5 new clothing Items OR, if some “old-new” clothes fit again, then a new fantastic KNIFE to start a set
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
GOALS:
TODAY'S CALS: 1400-1500 total
TODAY'S EXERCISE: 45-60 mins strength training/cross training
TODAY'S WATER: 100 oz.

almeeker 09-23-2010 06:19 AM

I also belong to a Friday bunch where the original poster started a list and we all post our weekly weight and overall loss. It's so helpful to look at that every week, even the weeks I don't lose so that I can see I'm still making progress in the overall grand scheme of things. So to help us along I made a list of everyone that's joined so far, their starting weight if they've posted one and total lost toward the 30 pound Christmas goal in parenthesis. If this seems confusing look at the listing for AmySmiles28, she's posted a starting weight 175, her weight for week 2 was 169.5 with a total loss of 5.5 lbs. Whoo hoo, go AmySmiles! Feel free to copy and paste, or quote and edit, to post your progress. If you don't want to post your weight, just post the amount you lost or gained and keep a tally.

jmaemme, 176.5
almeeker, 156.5
xarinn, 186
changeisgood29, 223.4
harpecanuck, 252
AmySmiles28, 175, 169.5 (-5.5)
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

I apologize if I've made any errors, I have dyslexia, so numbers + accuracy is an elusive concept in my life.

changeisgood29 09-23-2010 09:19 AM

Beautiful, Almeeker, thanks for doing that. I'll update mine tomorrow, since I'm with you on the official Friday weigh-ins.

thursdayandben 09-23-2010 09:26 AM

I would like to join in if it isn't too late.

I tried fitday a few months ago and then life happened. So this is my restart. I think I am about 181lbs to start. I have to figure out where the scale is packed away. I hope to lose 30-35lbs by 31Dec. I have a few DVDs I am going to use for activity. Walking the pup as well. I have big issues with staying motivated. I need the accountability.

Anyways, I'm glad the thread was started. I think it will be a great help to me. hmm...what to set as my treat for reaching my goal.

almeeker 09-23-2010 11:34 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm thinking when I reach this Christmas goal I'm going to reward myself with a new dress, something much too red and waaayyy too tight. Well too tight for the old me anyway.

lindaybarnett 09-23-2010 12:11 PM

Almeeker

Your starting weight a little less than a year ago is about the same as mine.
You have done fantastic. I hope I can do as well. I started this past weekend and will post a weigh-in tomorrow and so far so good. I am looking for a group that will kick my butt when I don't stay on track. I have tried other sites but the forums over time became filled with tooooo much drama.
This one seems different. I am honored to be a newbie.

lcseidl 09-23-2010 01:42 PM

I'd love to join you! A loss of 30 pounds by Christmas sounds like a great, motivating goal for me! Sign me up!

almeeker 09-23-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by lindaybarnett (Post 21729)
Almeeker

Your starting weight a little less than a year ago is about the same as mine.
You have done fantastic. I hope I can do as well. I started this past weekend and will post a weigh-in tomorrow and so far so good. I am looking for a group that will kick my butt when I don't stay on track. I have tried other sites but the forums over time became filled with tooooo much drama.
This one seems different. I am honored to be a newbie.

This has been a really good site for me, I've learned a ton, and make better and better choices all the time. I don't know what you're hoping to lose, but you might check out the 100+ thread, some drama, some laughs, some recipes, some "get off your butt's", and a whole lot of WHOOO HOOOOO's!!!! Thanks for the compliments, support is a really powerful motivator. Looking forward to your future posts and welcome aboard.

flutrbug 09-23-2010 02:23 PM

My starting weight was 179. Current weight 174.

almeeker 09-23-2010 09:26 PM

Good morning everyone, well ladies I think we're on to something big here, or should I say "small"? Anyway, I'm posting a loss this week, for the first time in quite a while, so good-bye 2.8 pounds!

jmaemme, 176.5
almeeker, 156.5, 153.7 (-2.8)
xarinn, 186
changeisgood29, 223.4
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, 179, 174 (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

To the tune of "White Christmas", add a line if you've got one:

I'm dreaming of a slim Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know...

vsabino 09-24-2010 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 21745)
Good morning everyone, well ladies I think we're on to something big here, or should I say "small"? Anyway, I'm posting a loss this week, for the first time in quite a while, so good-bye 2.8 pounds!

Congratulations on the great loss this week almeeker!! :)

[email protected] 09-24-2010 01:04 AM

Yay almeeker!!! That is awesome!

I am not going to check my weight until Tuesday...

Did a 2 mile 'Walk away the Pounds' with Leslie Sansone (DVD) this morning before work...

carrenross 09-24-2010 01:17 AM

Dropping in for a read

WAY TO GO ALMEEKER! Nicely done on the 2.8 loss! Thanks for doing that list of everyone.
Welcome new(er) people to this thread.
Looking forward to posting on my weigh-in day this Sunday. Only 1/2# away from my Sept 30 goal - ...you would think it was Christmas already at my house - what with all the dancing and excitement (in my head) :p

brandismom1990 09-24-2010 01:34 AM

Congrats to those with first posted losses! I'm down .8 in four days, but don't count that yet -- WeighInDay (WID) -- will be on Monday.

GameGal 09-24-2010 04:57 AM

To the tune of "White Christmas", add a line if you've got one:

Where the skinny jeans shimmer
and small tops glitter
And critics jaws drop to the floor!

WTG on the loss almeeker and thanks for making the list!

Welcome aboard all you new posters to this thread!

Tracymbeil 09-24-2010 06:18 AM

Just Joined Today!

I just joined today and am hoping to get to a healthier weight before my husband and I try to concieve our first child. I have tried and failed so many times at losing weight and for once I feel like I can really do it!

changeisgood29 09-24-2010 06:35 AM

Welcome to the new folks and grats to AmySmiles and Almeeker for their great losses! I will continue to live vicariously through your losses until my body decides it's time to lose weight again. ;)

jmaemme, 176.5
xarinn, 186
changeisgood29, 223.4, 223.4 (0)
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, 179, 174 (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

xarinn 09-24-2010 07:44 AM

Only down 1 pound but Tuesdays are my weigh in day so not sure if there was any progress since then!!

jmaemme, 176.5
xarinn, 186, 185 (1)
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, 179, 174 (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

lindaybarnett 09-24-2010 08:57 AM

first week weigh in

I started the week at 246
Today 241
Loss 5

My goal is to loose 2 lbs this coming week.

almeeker 09-24-2010 12:23 PM

Alright lindaybarnett, I'm going to help you out this week, but hopefully this is a self serve system, you "quote" the post with the most recent list, delete the "quote" boxes and edit your own line so it's accurate for the next poster to do the same. I would volunteer to keep it up to date, but I can't be trusted with accuracy. GREAT JOB by the way, 2lbs should be doable after this past week. You're off to a really good start.

jmaemme, 176.5
xarinn, 186, 185 (1)
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
lindaybarnett, 246, 241 (5)
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, 179, 174 (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187

Crimpet 09-24-2010 03:45 PM

I'm still hovering right at 78kg on the balance, BUT seems that it's peeling off this week. I weigh in Monday. Hopefully I'll be 77kg by then which would be roughly a 2lb weight loss for this week. 1lbs down so far. =D

jmaemme, 176.5
xarinn, 186, 185 (1)
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5
jammiepants, 284
emy62509, 177
Lotus, 195
07thatgirl, 172
flojo773,
weightlossBoo, 253.5
butterlfy135, 187
flutrbug, 179, 174 (-5)
brandismom, 222.2
thursdayandben, 181
lcseidl, 187
Crimpet, 171.5 (-1)

zootnarf 09-24-2010 05:23 PM

Ok, I want in on the Christmas fun, too! But I'm just shooting for 10-15 pounds by Christmas because I lose slowly. I also only weigh once a month for mental sanity reasons. But I like to sing Christmas carols! :) I'll put my last recorded weight for a start.

jmaemme, 176.5
xarinn, 186, 185 (1)
harpecanuck, 252
traceymc1985, 170
GameGal, 239
carrenross, 233
[email protected], 222
christineval, 233.5