FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   New- 35lbs to lose (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1944-new-35lbs-lose.html)

160to125 09-08-2010 07:18 AM

New- 35lbs to lose

Hi guys! Ive done Fitday thing before- it proved successful, but once I reached the goal, I slacked and gained it all back. Im sure there are plenty of us yo-yo dieters round here, and it sucks having to go down a size, buy new clothes, be really pleased with yourself... Only to screw it all up and get back into those fat clothes again!

So I'm looking for someone with similar goals, or with similar situation! My motivation aint the greatest really, so I think it would really help to be in touch with someone who is going through something similar. :)

Hopefully this attempt will be a good 'un, wish me luck and of course I wish the best of luck to everyone else on here and look forward to chatting/getting to know all of you!:D

fletch8502 09-08-2010 08:04 AM

Welcome! I'm a fellow yo-yo dieter, so I feel your pain! I'm really trying to end the yo-yo cycle this time around...I've kept 30 lbs off for over 2 months! I still have a ways to go, but at least I'm not gaining. =)

Maybe you could throw your "fat clothes" away once they no longer fit? I've heard that's a good strategy but haven't tried it myself.

Best of luck to you! You can do it!!!

HollySueSapiel 09-10-2010 02:16 PM

I just signed up here also. I have done this before but a long time ago. I like the fitday because it helps me to keep track of the food I am eating. It is so easy to overeat and not realize it. I also need the motivation to exercise more. I am trying but not my favorite thing to do. Right now I am walking a few miles a day. I like the walking because even if you get tired, you still have to go back.

I believe that we have the same goals, from 160 to 120. Would like to partner to motivate each other?

TheAngelaschneider 09-11-2010 03:18 AM

same situation

I have only been doing fitday for a little over 2 weeks. Ive always been bigger then most people I hang out wth and im just sick of it. Not to mention I really have been wanting to focus on my over all health. My current weight it 150lbs and I'm 5"6. I have exactally 35lbs to loose before I reach my final goal. I would love to join you guys and hope you guys are excited about this weight loss journey as I am:o

HollySueSapiel 09-11-2010 04:42 AM

Hey, great to meet you.

This is my day two, I started at 160 pounds. Would like to get to to between 120 and 130. I walk often but I need to keep track of the food I eat because it is so easy for me to overeat without realizing it. So here I go, I have to because most of my clothes don't fit and I refuse to go out and buy clothes the next size up. Good to find people that have similiar goals and situations.