Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineval

She gave me a huge chart and on it it has all the food groups including some foods I like and then on the other side it has what I eat so for breakfast it would be 2 starches/grains, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1 meat alt (1 tbsp PB is 1 meat alt and 1 fat).

I am extremely interested in this as well!

Did my weigh in last night and nothing lost this past week Kinda bummed out about that, but trying to keep a positive attitude....
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

G'morning my Sweet & Sassy friends!

I am happy to report that 2 more pounds have been destroyed from my body! WOO HOO! So that puts me at 22#s lost since 8/1. I'm feeling better than last week -- I think I finally am shaking this bug. DH is also doing well, and actually thanked me yesterday for getting him eating better. That made me feel so good.

Yesterday we went to lunch together at an all you can eat soup & salad buffet, and for the very first time, I only could eat one plate of salad and one bowl of soup. I was utterly full! It was a great feeling to be satiated, knowing full well that I used to be able to make 2-3 trips without skipping a beat. So the changes are happening, and it feels very natural this time around.

Grats to everyone else for their continued successes and plugging along! Stay positive... forgive yourself those minor transgressions... and keep looking ahead!

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 09-29-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I am so happy to share that I had to update my signature! As of today (2 weeks in) I have lost 4lbs. Right on track for that Christmas goal.

My doctor had mentioned putting me on a prescription weight loss medication, is anyone out there doing that in addition to food/exercise? It's tempting but I know I could do it without the meds so it's a tough call.

Hey to all the newbies, this is a great place to get support and identify with others going through the same things, I love checking in to read the posts a couple times a day.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
My kids were watching Madagascar the other day and in King Juliann's version of I like to Move It Move It, he says "Move it nice and sweet and sassy", and I just totally cracked up. I do believe that overexposure to childrens' entertainment is gently eroding my brain. Okay, maybe it's not been all that gentle...
I was wondering iif folks thought the FitDay Premuim was worth it and if it offered a lot more than the main site. Any recommendations?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Afternoon ladies, so far today I'm on track, but I ate the free popcorn at the grocery store, so I could be sitting here with calories to spare, but alas - I'm not, dinner is going to be a very lean affair. Mental note to self: Don't go shopping at the "free popcorn" grocery store while hungry. I swear the smell of the popcorn machine is enough to make a full stomach rumble.

megwb, welcome aboard, can't say about the premium package, never used anything but the free version.

maddyhoe, congratulations on your weight loss, that's fantastic!!! I don't know if you necessarily need a weight loss medication. Seriously if you can do it on your own I should think it would be better for the long haul to skip the drugs. I'm always leery of weight loss meds, because then people develop this mindset that they have to be on the med to lose weight, making the drug a crutch. Eventually you have to put the crutches aside and walk on your own, so you might as well start there.

smoosh, congrats to you as well, I'm glad to hear you're finally getting over your crud, but I think you sent it my way and I really wish you hadn't. I hear you on the DH business. Mine is now making protein shakes after his workouts, and all I can say is - momma like it.

Laura, sorry to hear you didn't drop this week. I myself am going to have some difficulty posting a loss by Friday. We spent the weekend celebrating my DD's birthday, so between the cake, ice cream and pizza, I gained back pretty much everything I lost last week. Just this morning I'm back down to what I weighed on Friday.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to Maddy and Smoosh on your losses - such a good feeling.
Almeeker - As I know you know, you'll make up for the birthday party. It sounds like you had fun, and that matters more than a pound or 2.
To Laura - I know it sucks when the scale doesn't move despite having done everything right. Losing weight is such an emotional affair - it can be such a high when you drop some poundage, and it can be such a downer when you don't. In my opinion, the thing to remember is that this takes time. There will be good weeks, kinda crappy weeks, bad weeks... It's hard to be patient, but persistence and patience are your biggest assets on this journey. Others are welcome to disagree, but I know that the biggest difference this time around for me is just being patient (I used to go on crash diets because I wasn't happy losing 1-2# a week. Shockingly, I gained it all back and then some every time). I try to think of weight loss as a byproduct of being healthy, instead of the other way around. You'll get there; we all will. I'm standing firmly in your corner.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Wok Box = Carb Box

..one more time I will try to send a post

Welcome all new people, glad to read about you and have you on this thread.

smoosh: congrats on your loss
maddy: nice wt loss too, do you think your MD will let you try it your way first?
nru1296: do you do chair exercises at work?
boo: I told my DH the bed was on the floor (no frame) because it was a new 'designer' trend - yea, he didn't believe me either.

Wok Box - 'Fresh Asian Cuisine' will give them that but for anyone watching their carbs (diabetics) - do not go there unless you read the nutrition facts first online and plan ahead - I did not. I needed to eat before shopping and it was a better choice than A&W or Tim Hortons...or so I thought. I ended up eating between 122gm and 244gm of carbs (noodles) from what I can figure from the NFacts online. Twice as much as I should have.

Positive point though - after shopping I walked home with the groceries - 35 minute walk, so may have burnt off a little of those carbs.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
nru1296: do you do chair exercises at work?
I feel a bit naive asking this, but what are some chair exercises that I can do? I'm very intrigued by this, and wish I had come upon this sooner!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
Wok Box - 'Fresh Asian Cuisine' will give them that but for anyone watching their carbs (diabetics) - do not go there unless you read the nutrition facts first online and plan ahead - I did not. I needed to eat before shopping and it was a better choice than A&W or Tim Hortons...or so I thought. I ended up eating between 122gm and 244gm of carbs (noodles) from what I can figure from the NFacts online. Twice as much as I should have.
Ugh, that is so annoying when you unknowingly eat way more than you wanted to. You don't even get to enjoy all that extra like you would if it was something you had made at home. The same thing happened to me yesterday at lunch, interestingly enough at a "Fresh Asian" place, too, Pick Up Stix. They used to have a small teriyaki bowl (it was actually on a square plate) with lean chicken breast, lots of veggies, and you can get brown rice. It was a decent meal, stats-wise.

I ordered it yesterday thinking I was making a good choice, and it comes out in a bowl with dark meat that looks like it has been deep fried and it is drowning in teriyaki sauce. I left about a cup of the rice in the bottom of the (tiny) bowl, but I was worried about what I ate. When I got back to the office, I looked it up and that itty-bitty little bowl had nearly 1,000 calories and over 4,000mg of sodium! I felt like I'd been had. If I'm going choose to eat 1,000 calories, it needs to taste a whole lot better than that and be a lot more food. I was so mad. I had a small dinner to try to make up for it, but it ruined my day stats-wise.

Live and learn, ugh. I hope it doesn't ruin my weigh-in on Friday. When you only weigh once a month, a bad weigh-in really sucks!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
When you only weigh once a month, a bad weigh-in really sucks!
I am thinking maybe that is what I should do - just weigh in once a month. Not sure if I have the willpower to do it.... hmmmm. Maybe I will do my weigh in again today after my aqua fitness class and then TRY to wait until Oct. 28th to weigh in again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.