Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-15-2010, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Spinning

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
almeeker - It's the same in my family, all of us are heavy up top. If I was as small as an overflowing D cup I'd be VERY happy though!

So I just came back from my first 'Spin' class. I have never sweat so much, and yet I've never felt so good. Definitely going back for another try next week.
I tried spinning on Saturday and my derriere is just now back to normal - won;t be doing that again for a while! Now my quads are killing me since I did squats yesterday....

Ultimate Goal - 140
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

It looks like what the morse code might be is the 'exchange' diet. So many starches, so much protein, etc per meal.

And I keep teasing ( well not really teasing, but saying..) that you are good at motivating and kicking butt, so I am guessing thats what Caren meant
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Was that thunder?

Nope, that was me jogging again this morning for a total of - hmmm ... 45 seconds?

I am still going out to do it before first light. I keep saying to myself - if almeeker can get up this early - so can I! Maybe you didn't technically 'kick my butt' but you sure have motivated it! I have checked out the C2-5k site and am very interested. Right now I will try to get it up to the 60 second mark and then do the weekly training. I know I have a stop watch somewhere. Carren
Old 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Talking new kid

Hey, I have no idea exactly how these posts and groups work but it looks like this is a good group for me I have 76lbs to lose. How do I do that fancy signature with my goal etc?

I've enjoyed reading that you motivate each other through here and that's what I need! I just joined fitday today at the reccomendation of my new dietician and here's to sticking with it!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I'm having a really hard time controlling my eating in the evenings. I don't have any problems all day and even manage very well at dinner. I even enjoy the exercising! But evenings something comes over me and I lose control of my eating. I'm not sure what strategy I should try to beat this problem. I'm wondering if I need to cut myself off completely after dinner each night. That way, I know in my mind that I'm all done eating for the day after dinner. If I don't start, I won't lose control. Or maybe I should set a limit like 200 calories and keep working to be successful at that. What do you all think? Anyone else had this problem and overcome it?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

I work night shift three daya a week, and that really messes with ,y eating habits, because meals are never at a set time. Others I have talked to say they just count their calories from midnight to mindnight and stay within their range and that works. if anyone has any ideas, would appreciate it.

i also tend to eat more at night/ in the evening. i just usually dont get hungry at all till about 11am. working hard on eating a breakfast and exersising in the morning.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I tried spinning on Saturday and my derriere is just now back to normal - won;t be doing that again for a while! Now my quads are killing me since I did squats yesterday....
Haha! Yeah, my behind is a little tender this morning but I think I'm addicted to the pain. Got my weight-training class 'Body Pump' today, so I'll be going for the squats and lunges big time.
Any class you try will leave you sore after the first time, but it's worth the discomfort and you do get used to it in a very short time.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Maddyhoe!

Originally Posted by maddyhoe
Hey, I have no idea exactly how these posts and groups work but it looks like this is a good group for me I have 76lbs to lose. How do I do that fancy signature with my goal etc?

I've enjoyed reading that you motivate each other through here and that's what I need! I just joined fitday today at the reccomendation of my new dietician and here's to sticking with it!
Welcome to the group maddyhoe! I am sure you will like it. For your custom signature - go up this page to the 'USER CP' and then click on signature. You can try it out and preview it before you save it. We(me) are always changing ours with our new goals, weights etc. Have fun, Carren
Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

@Susan8Less - I too have a late night snacking issue. The biggest challenge for me is that my hubby and I have our dinner around 5:30pm (since he works graveyard shifts) and I don't go to sleep until 1am usually, so that's a long stretch with no eating.

Some things I've adjust to help curb my habit are:

- Drinking more water (Before putting food in my mouth 'after hours' I make a deal with myself that I have to drink a full glass of water first. Kind of like paying the toll to cross the bridge, hehe)

- Keeping healthy snack options handily available.
I buy the 100 calorie snack packs of different things so I can munch without overdoing it. I also have lots of fruits and veggies ready -- baby carrots are a fave choice -- to satisfy my cravings.

- Go to bed.
If I really know I shouldn't be eating, and I don't feel that drinking water will satisfy me, I just go to bed.

Of course, there are always those times that you might binge or eat a little too much. But keep those moments in check by forgiving youself and reminding yourself that your choices over the long haul are what will determine your success!

Keep at it, you can conquer it!

Best to all,
Smoosh
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome and Checking in

Originally Posted by maddyhoe

Welcome Maddyhoe,

You can edit your signature by clicking on the User CP on the top bar, left side in the forums section.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well! This week was a rough one with the stress levels up at work I ate a few things I'm not too happy with myself about. My weight stayed the same, but my measurements went down, I lost 3/4" from my bustline and 1" from my hips.

I'm going to try dropping my calories by 100-200 per day and see if that doesn't help me break through the scale plateau. Other suggestions are welcome as well.

The exercise is keeping me (kind of) sane by busting out the stress, and I fit in four workouts on the elliptical this week. I think I might need to try to be content with staying in the "weight loss" heart rate range during the workouts, my left quad was sore yesterday and I'm not normally sore after the non-impact workout.

I think I have to stop planning on going for a walk, it just seems to make it rain. It's been dumping buckets all morning here.

How is everyone else doing this week? I'd love to hear about the wins everyone is making this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.