Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-05-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Weekly Weigh In

Good Sunday Morning Ladies!
My weekly weigh in shows a 3# loss and inches too! I have done the measurements but am still half asleep so may have to do them again when I wake up and have the ability to add! I will let you know later. Have a fun day with friends and family, enjoy your long weekend.
Carren
Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default remember me?

Trying to get back in the game - it was a hard hard Summer.... I am ready to welcome Fall. So glad to see Almeeker is still here.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome loss Carren! Congrats! And welcome back Skinny , nice to meet you.

DH and I had fun at the Farms-2-Forks festival yesterday, however it was a bit smaller in size than we anticipated. It is only the first year, so hopefully that will grow with time. We purchased some fresh veggies and cheeses, and plan to make a yummy 'healthy' pizza tonight using whole wheat flour tortillas as the crust.

I also tried my very first energy bar today. A "Luna" bar. There were so many different types and varieties I was a little overwhelmed. DH tried a Kashi "Roll" bar. Does anyone have recommendations as to good, tasty brands to try? I did find it incredibly filling and tasty, and the Luna bar said it was 'for women' -- so DH teased me about that a bit and said he's gonna write to the company for being sexist. ROFL... he's a joker.

Anyway, we got some walking in around the mall, which was super crowded today. All the back-2-school shoppers are out in force, but it was nice to see people actually out spending money. Maybe the recession is improving a little? Hard to tell, as we still have high unemployment rates in this region.

Hope you all are having a super day!

Smoosh
Old 09-05-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I lost 2lbs so I'm hoping to stay on track on track now although I ate too much tonight but hopefully didn't do too much damage. Tomorrow is a new day. I keep telling myself.. it's a marathan.. not a sprint.

Skinny Erinn.. I went to your blog. Amazing you have lost almost 200 lbs!! You are truly an inpiration girl!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Trying to get back in the game - it was a hard hard Summer.... I am ready to welcome Fall. So glad to see Almeeker is still here.
Hello SkinnyErinn,
I saw your posts when I first started here 10 weeks ago, and I'm so inspired! I've read your whole blog and think you're simply amazing. I hope I have loads of success like you.
~* Boo *~
Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Happy Labour Day!

S8L: Way to go on the 2# loss. That is super for one week!
SkinnyErin: Glad to have you on this thread. Looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you.
Smoosh: My experience with Protein Bars is limited. Some taste real good & high calorie/fat content and others taste like sawdust with low calorie/low fat. When I find one with good taste and low cal/fat - I will let you know. Would be good to know from others the brands that qualify too!

Happy Birthday to ME! Well, if I don't tell you - who will!

I am heading off to work today. I plan on stopping at the grocer to pick up cupcakes for staff - to celebrate with me. I weighed in this morning at 235# and that is all I needed to see to NOT be tempted by the little cakes. I will buy myself some flowers instead. DH and I head out to dinner later, already checked out menu on line and know what I will order.

Have a great day everyone, Carren

Last edited by carrenross; 09-06-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

CarrenRoss: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You have a great plan for healthy eating on your birthday. This will be your best year ever. The new you is becoming healthy and strong!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everybody, yesterday was our anniversary, 10 or 11 years of wedding bliss, 'course we been married 12... LOL, just kidding, if I had it to do all over again, I'd still marry him all over again.

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn

SKINNY you're back!!! Whoo hoo girl, I was starting to think you had fallen off the wagon and gotten hit by a truck!!!

Glad you're back honey, I'm just back from a 2 week family vacation and having a bit of trouble getting back in the saddle. Of course this week was our anniversary and my brother's birthday. Normally my bros b-day wouldn't be a diet nightmare for me, but my SIL threw him a surprise beer bash party and I ended up making all the desserts. Nice that eh? You would think they might call the fat dieting SIL and ask for a veggie tray and fruit bowl, but no, she asked me for 2 batches of peanut butter crispy treats, brownies and a birthday cake. Good grief, I think she hates me, no maybe it's that she doesn't want me to be smaller than she is... In fact I'm sure that's it.

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
I also tried my very first energy bar today. A "Luna" bar. There were so many different types and varieties I was a little overwhelmed. DH tried a Kashi "Roll" bar. Does anyone have recommendations as to good, tasty brands to try? I did find it incredibly filling and tasty, and the Luna bar said it was 'for women' -- so DH teased me about that a bit and said he's gonna write to the company for being sexist. ROFL... he's a joker.
Luna bars are okay, but every now and then I've gotten one that just didn't taste like something I wanted to eat ever again, so remember the flavors that you like, because not all Luna bars are meant to be eaten by humans. I like the Pure Protein bars, the chocolate deluxe is my favorite, 180 calories 23 grams protein. It tastes like a chocolate covered tootsie roll with a splash of Amaretto. I don't usually use them to boost my protein, I use them for breakfast when I don't have time for anything better and I use them when the kids are eating candy or cookies right in front of me and I can feel a binge coming on. Sometimes I cut them into little squares and nibble on the pieces so it lasts longer.

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
I lost 2lbs so I'm hoping to stay on track on track now although I ate too much tonight but hopefully didn't do too much damage. Tomorrow is a new day. I keep telling myself.. it's a marathan.. not a sprint.
Okay let me get this straight, you tell yourself this diet is a marathon not a sprint and this HELPS you? Geez I think I would need to get some IV fluids and lay down once I'd convinced myself of that. LOL just kidding. I usually try and convince myself that I'm developing healthy habits and healthy habits lead to a healthy weight. I've also gotten into the habit of telling myself that I will not be controlled by food, and so when I feel like food is going to control me I fight back (hopefully). I also say to myself that I'm not on a diet, but that this is the way I am now, consistently aware of what I'm putting into my body and that if a food doesn't have any nutritional value then I shouldn't waste my calorie budget on it. It doesn't always work, but it helps more often than not.

Well gotta go, DH is cleaning the basement and he's only down there because I said we absolutely positively have to get that done today.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday Caren!!

WTG! on all the losses and renewing your intentions of lifestyle!!

Happy Anniversary Almeeker!!

I dont know if this is the same kind of bar your looking for but I eat Zone Bars. As with anything, remember the ones you like. I have tried the choc mint, they are ok, I have had raspberry yogurt ( or something like that) and liked it a lot. The peanutbutter one wasnt great. I still want to try ther cinnamon roll one.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
I dont know if this is the same kind of bar your looking for but I eat Zone Bars. As with anything, remember the ones you like. I have tried the choc mint, they are ok, I have had raspberry yogurt ( or something like that) and liked it a lot. The peanutbutter one wasnt great. I still want to try ther cinnamon roll one.
I tried the Dark Zone Perfect, chocolate caramel pecan, and they were very yummy. Too yummy really, I could eat the whole box in a day if I'm not careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.