Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default 100 + to loose

ok so I love a good challenge. I joined something simular to a biggest looser challenge at work. Now I feel very motivated, to know so many people around me are trying to do the same thing. I believe there are 42 of us in all. We will weigh in once a month. And there are prizes monthly and and end prize in three months. This seems to be the best motivator of all for me.
I would like to loose 110 lbs. I have set my first goal at 34.4 lbs over the next three months. That will get me to 200. I feel if I can achieve that I could achieve anything.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the group Sunflower. This is the BEST thread ( but I am biased lol). You will find motivation, encouragement and empathizing here. You can even get your butt kicked if needed. Good luck, and as I am sure you have already read here, be sure to keep track of your foods, and dont fib, you will only be cheating yourself.

Almeeker - did you get something at K-Mart or do one of us need to kick some motivating butt??

great job ladies on the losses, plateaus and inches!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Almeeker - did you get something at K-Mart or do one of us need to kick some motivating butt??
I tried, I really tried to find a new fitness toy at Kmart, but do you know what? My Kmart had absolutely nothing, I was only looking for heavier hand weights or maybe a yoga block, but they didn't have anything at all, they didn't even have any workout videos, nada, zilch, zip. So I ended up buying 2 pairs of jeans, 2 tops, and a sweat shirt. But get this, the jeans are size 10!!!! Can you believe that? And they fit, okay admittedly they are snug, but they slide up over the hips and button and zip without pliers. And the tops and sweatshirt are mediums. Most of this journey I've had things in the closet that were too small, and I was working toward fitting into them, but once I hit size 12, I ran out of those small cute things and hadn't purchased any new ones - until today. So in a sense I did buy a new fitness thing...
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
GameGal - Agreed, there's definitely no general approach for all people (otherwise there would just be one approach to weight loss, eh? ), but it's helpful to hear what other people have done.
Not only are we not all the same, but I've had my one body respond differently to changes in diet and exercise at different times in my life and even one month to the next along this journey. It's all a guessing game to some extent. I think the key to losing 100+ pounds is pure unadulterated pig-headedness. Makes you wonder why it's taken me so long really...
Old 09-13-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Thick as a brick!

Thats me!

I just finished reading all your blogs about ratios, calories, zig zagging, increasing weights and so on. I then went and looked at my overview and was shocked to see that I am NOT doing what I THOUGHT I was doing in the ratio. It reads like this: Carbs 52%, Fat 29% and Protein 19%

Duh! No wonder I am not losing weight as fast as I thought I would. Those darn carbs! I did like the idea of a tuna melt for breakfast - one can only eat so many eggs/egg whites. Plus the fat in the eggs it quite high.

I tried the protein powder but suspected it was making me feel sick. I will try it again and maybe follow the instructions this time , it is the only way I am going to get the protein up and the fat down.

BAM! BAM! (that was me hitting my head against a wall) - I'll get it one of these days.

almeeker: congrats on the new clothes!

G'Nite, Carren

Last edited by carrenross; 09-13-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Almeeker!! That's exciting to find you fit into much smaller clothes!!

However ( clearing my throat! ) There ARE other stores with weights, videos etc!! I never shop K-mart so I cant say whether that is just your store or the whole chain... ( I am a walmart gal!) but that isnt an excuse I am going to accept ( nothing at my store)... so get in gear and find someplace that has that stuff ( and soon or I will have to kick butt harder! )

If I remember right, you had once said your parents had some stuff, maybe they have something you could use ( lol like those Richard Simmons tapes hehehe)
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Harpegcanuck...I love that you have mini goals in your listing! I am new here and just starting my program with the goal of losing 210 pounds. My nutritionist set my first mini goal today of 35 pounds. So I was glad to see you list a minigoal. I'm very excited about this...for the first time ever I am excited about weight loss. Usually it has been Oh man, lets see if I can do it without gaining it all back...it obviously never worked but I have faith this time! Also seeing that you've dropped 101 pounds gives me so much hope!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Almeeker!! That's exciting to find you fit into much smaller clothes!!

However ( clearing my throat! ) There ARE other stores with weights, videos etc!! I never shop K-mart so I cant say whether that is just your store or the whole chain... ( I am a walmart gal!) but that isnt an excuse I am going to accept ( nothing at my store)... so get in gear and find someplace that has that stuff ( and soon or I will have to kick butt harder! )

If I remember right, you had once said your parents had some stuff, maybe they have something you could use ( lol like those Richard Simmons tapes hehehe)
Ah yes, believe me I'm no stranger to other stores, including Wal-Mart. But we live in a small town, so locally I'm limited to WM and KM for fitness "stuff" shopping. Our WM is currently under renovation, and trust me when I say this, they don't have anything in that store either, and if they do nobody knows where they put it. It's like shopping the path of a tornado. I've vowed to not step foot in there until the contractor trailers have pulled up stakes and rolled away. I've been down there a handful of times with a list in hand and come away empty handed. Me? Empty-handed coming out of Walmart? That's plum crazy talk, but my last 1/2 dozen trips down there have ended that way, it was like living in the twilight zone, do-do-do-dooo. This weekend I need to drive into one of the bigger cities, middle DD has outgrown her shin guards, and right next door to the good soccer stuff store is a place called Gazelle's where they sell really nice running shoes and thick cushy workout socks... Can you say ROAD TRIP?

But in the mean time I just might be desperate enough for Richard, there must be some ear plugs around here somewhere...

Welcome aboard new ladies, always glad to hear some new voices. I would urge you to log every day, especially the bad ones. It's sometimes awful to log those bad ones, but I always come away understanding myself better, back on track and feeling a little stronger for the long haul.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-13-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker... I am SOOOO impressed with your weight loss and attitude! You are an example to us all

And I am being hard on you because you have said twice now you needed motivation lol, so although I am not as good at kicking butt as you are, (new ladies, Almeeker is the BEST at it!) I decided to motivate you a little to make those last 20ish lbs not picking on you!

PS! WM has online store that DELIVERS!! hint hint!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker... I am SOOOO impressed with your weight loss and attitude! You are an example to us all

And I am being hard on you because you have said twice now you needed motivation lol, so although I am not as good at kicking butt as you are, (new ladies, Almeeker is the BEST at it!) I decided to motivate you a little to make those last 20ish lbs not picking on you!

PS! WM has online store that DELIVERS!! hint hint!

Thanks honey, you're not too shabby yourself. You know I didn't think about going on-line, mmmm that idea has some definite merit. And for the record I didn't think you were picking on me, we all need a nudge or a good stiff shove in the right direction. And believe me I need a good shove these days. I think part of my trouble is that I have a much higher percent of lean muscle and my workouts are pretty intense too, so I really am hungrier and I've let my control slip a little more often than it should.

I just watched a hulu cast that somebody put up on another thread, something about favorite weight loss shows, there is a link for one called "Thintervention". You might want to check it out. The funny part for me is that I had already cleaned out my cupboards and could easily have done the workouts at my heaviest, so I wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining to watch as some of those people. What I really liked about the show was that the trainer was really creative in the workouts and even in the locations of the workouts. I'll have to give that one some thought. It's so hard to be creative and "change-it-up" at 5:00am.

On a positive note, my 9 year old DD is a bit chubby and is possibly the slowest runner in all of 4th grade. She plays soccer, but her preferred position is goalie. So tonight I made her walk to practice, and as we walked we talked about ways to improve her game. I convinced her that what she lacks in speed can be compensated for with endurance and brains. So starting Thursday she and I are going to do C25K together, with the idea that at some point far down the road we can run a 5K together. How cool is that?

Last edited by almeeker; 09-14-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.