Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
It's maybe not as thick and hearty as other techniques, but I'm hoping to be less thick and hearty myself...
LOL!!!

Great job, everyone, on the exercise. I'm so inspired by you! Exercise has always been my downfall. I just can't find anything I like, and I have to force myself to do it. You guys are really exercise warriors!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you almeeker. I have a love/hate relationship with my fitness classes. I want to quit after 5 minutes, but once I've finished I feel fantastic. I'll never regret doing a workout, but I'll hate myself for missing one!
Must admit that your super weight loss is definitely pushing me to succeed. I'm becoming so competitive, even though I have no one to compete with! I bet I would've done well on the Biggest Loser.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent job Boo CD78 and GameGal! Way to go and thanks for continuing to inspire me. The inspiration helps me keep going. I had a very nice surprise a few weeks ago a co-worker told me I was inspiring. I introduced her to protein shakes and fitday and she's lost a few inches already. The support is so important (at least to my psyche.)

This week was the challenging time with the scale up and down like a yo-yo. This morning I'm down 1# on the scale. I managed to get 4 of the 5 workouts I wanted to do this week in on the elliptical, but I spent one day walking around downtown to make up for the one I missed out on. Measurements this week aren't too bad with a half inch off my hips and another half inch off my waist....not a total bust despite the scale not readily moving.

By the way, I tried the quinoa recipe suggested and think it's a nice alternative to rice. Thanks so much.

I've been warming up on the elliptical for 10 minutes in the 60-75% HR range and then going for 1/2 hour in the 75-85% HR range followed by cool down and feeling happy I had to up the resistance finally to keep my heart rate up. That was a big step up from going along at resistance level 1 and huffing and puffing at that. I want to really get those 5 full workouts in this week on the elliptical especially since work is about to go completely loopy and sweating out the stress is such a great release. I find it helps shut my mind down after the craziness.

Hope everyone has a terrific week. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so will keep it short. I got back on the treadmill despite feeling ill, and felt good about that. The past few weeks my exercise has been rather sporadic, but my weight is still stationary or going down slightly, which is good.

DH has been making yummy smoothies (thanks again for the recipes ladies) and that has been a very satisfying breakfast and/or dessert option.

Stay the course! We are all doing great!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Smoosh, good to see you post, I'd wondered about you. Keep on starting over, that's what it's all about. "Fall down six times, stand up seven." Keep eating healthy, not starving yourself, you'll get there. I make smoothies with 2 cups frozen fruit and 1 cup low fat milk, it's delicious, just like ice cream.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
LOL!!!

Great job, everyone, on the exercise. I'm so inspired by you! Exercise has always been my downfall. I just can't find anything I like, and I have to force myself to do it. You guys are really exercise warriors!
I have to force myself to do it too, it's a little like the dishes for me, hard to get started but I'm always glad I got it done in the end. The first 10 minutes are always bad/hard/make me want to quit, but if I can push past that the rest of it is very invigorating. I've been trying to incorporate more fitness activities into my habits and that helps. Like today, instead of working out I walk down to the grocery store and buy the paper and a cup of coffee and walk back again, it's about 1.25 miles in each direction. I love that walk and it's perfect for Sunday morning. Friday mornings I do the Wii Fit Plus, because it's fun and I'm usually tired on Friday mornings. Saturday is my big weight lifting day at the gym, DH never misses, so I feel obligated to go too. M-Th I use the elliptical here at home and then do 15-20 minutes of shoulder rehab, which is becoming QUITE the workout. Darn that OT, she's so tough on me.

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Thank you almeeker. I have a love/hate relationship with my fitness classes. I want to quit after 5 minutes, but once I've finished I feel fantastic. I'll never regret doing a workout, but I'll hate myself for missing one!
Must admit that your super weight loss is definitely pushing me to succeed. I'm becoming so competitive, even though I have no one to compete with! I bet I would've done well on the Biggest Loser.
Thanks for the compliment, I've slowed down lately and have been trying to kick myself into gear so I can make my goal weight before Christmas, so I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm off to a good start today and have a busy day ahead of me, forget that - a busy week ahead of me....

Originally Posted by noelminneci
Smoosh, good to see you post, I'd wondered about you. Keep on starting over, that's what it's all about. "Fall down six times, stand up seven." Keep eating healthy, not starving yourself, you'll get there. I make smoothies with 2 cups frozen fruit and 1 cup low fat milk, it's delicious, just like ice cream.
I LOVE THAT SMOOTHIE TOO!!! We went most of the summer without ice cream in the house, which I think is a new record for us, so I make that smoothie when I'm Jonesing for a big dish of ice cream.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another Soup Idea

For those who love cabbage ( like I do)... here is a very low calorie but filling soup and incredibly easy. It is basically cabbage soup in chicken broth but no meat is necessary, although you can certainly add some.

Depending on your preference of chicken stock or canned or boullion..; fill a stock pot with broth and water. Add garlic, basil, parsley.. and any other spice you like... let it boil. Meanwhile, cut up an entire head of cabbage into bite sized pieces and add to boiling water. Cook it for 20- 30 minutes ( depending on the desired firmness of cabbage is reached).

Thats it!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Weightlossboo,

I know what you mean with the love/hate relationship with fitness classes. Isn't it frustrating that things that are so good for us and make us feel great are so hard to motivate ourselves to do? Yet, things that are harmful to us and make us feel horrible are so hard to stop doing?!

I hope that some day if we stay on track for a looong time, that it will become our new nature to WANT to exercise and to STOP eating when our bodies have what it needs to be healthy.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
Weightlossboo,

I know what you mean with the love/hate relationship with fitness classes. Isn't it frustrating that things that are so good for us and make us feel great are so hard to motivate ourselves to do? Yet, things that are harmful to us and make us feel horrible are so hard to stop doing?!

I hope that some day if we stay on track for a looong time, that it will become our new nature to WANT to exercise and to STOP eating when our bodies have what it needs to be healthy.
Definitely! I'm so stubborn and proud that I just won't quit. I promised those I love that I would change my life, and there is no way that I'm going to let myself go now.
I'm on my 12th week now and probably about 75% to beating my addictions. I still have a square of chocolate or a mouthful of ice cream occasionally, but I no longer feel guilty as I know I have the power now. Stupid how a bowl of fat, sugar and artificial flavourings can get the best of a fully grown adult. Shameful!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

I once read this article about why humans tend to overeat. The theory of the author was that our ancestors were hunter/gatherers, which are both seasonal, and that in order to survive long enough to make the next kill or growing season they had to eat as much as possible when food was plentiful. All I'm saying is that I would have been a rockin' hot cavewoman, cause I can eat like a hollow dog.

Well I gotta go, as of right this minute I've put that workout off for too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.