Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Brandismom, totally loved the rant. I'm hardly a glass half full kind of a girl so I can totally identify sometimes you just have to bitch it out.

In other news I totally fell off the wagon this weekend, went back to my hometown to visit family, and the stress really got to me. Plus at my first weigh in last week I hadn't lost ANY weight, now I was pms-ing so I'm hoping that's the culprit and even with my off wagon weekend I can lose some poundage by Wednesday, here's hoping.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default An introduction, I guess...?

Hey,

So, I wasn't sure of the protocol on posting or where to start, so I figured in the 100+ is where I need to be.

Let me put it plain and simple: I'm a big ol' sugar-addicted fattie. I started on FitDay on September 16th, and am almost 2 weeks in. So far, so good. I guess I'm just looking for a place to share with others? I really don't want to do this alone. I've got a lot to go.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good afternoon ladies. Do you have room for another newbie?

I am 35, married with two beautiful children, DD is 11 and DS is 4. My current weight is 228lbs. It so hurts me to type that. When DH and I met 18years ago, I weighed 118#'s. Over time and two kids later I dont even recognize myself in pictures.

I have started trying to move more. I work full time at a desk. I try and walk in the mornings because this is the only time I really have to myself. But I know its not enough.

So this is where I hope to get some good advice and support from you ladies. I found FitDay last week and have been lurking around since then. I know I have to change my eating habits! About a year ago, I went on South Beach and did good while I was on it. But its hard to restrict certain foods in my home because my DH doesn't have a weight problem and he wants all the goodies around! So now I am thinking Calorie Counting may be the way to go.

I am up in the mornings running around fixing DD's lunch and never seem to have time to fix mine. So I end up grabbing something somewhere for breakfast and lunch. Usually not the best choices. Also at work, they have a cabinet that they keeped stocked full of snacks for us to eat. Some ok, but most not. I have a major problem with snacking.

I feel like I have sooo many obstacles but I know that I am not the only one with kids, a husband and a job. I just need to be around others who face the same challenges I do and hope to get some great advice!

Any suggestions you have for quick meal ideas for work would be great! Also what kinds of exercise do you do? I do not have the money to join a gym. I do have one of the Leslie Sansone DVD's. I also have a treadmill and places to walk outside.

I look forward to getting to know all of you! I am going to work on my signature line now!

Glenda
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the thread ladies! You have found the best one going here!

There is tons of empathy, support, encouragement and butt kicking as well as motivation and a listening ear ( ok listening eyes to be exact). Some have good days and others have bad days and need to vent. Thankfully the contrast is a great thing because if you are having a bad day, you can read the positive posts and get back in perspective. If you are having a good day, reading the bad day posts can remind you how well you are really doing!

Either way, we all have both kinds of days.

There are ppl here with kids and a husband so I am sure you will get lots of suggestions from them. But the one thing that has helped me most ( well actually 2 things).. one is to realize that any DIET (whether its South Beach, WWers, Atkins , whatever.. may work while you are on it, but unless you learn to make it a permanet life-style change, it will stop working as soon as you stop it. The other thing I have learned, and this might help you since you also have a family to feed is.. if I say to myself, you can never have this, that or the other again, I couldnt do this. I have decided there is nothing I cant have, its a matter of portion control and planning it into the days allotment. It is like when I became diabetic, my 1st thought was OMG!! no sugar or carbs or sweet things again!! And I found myself thinking, the heck with the blood sugar, I WILL eat those things.. well I learned I can have sweets, carbs etc.. but its all in MODERATION and planning.

Again, welcome to the group ladies and good luck on your new journey.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome gmantych! I too am 35, married w/ 2 beautiful children (8 & 14), stuck at a desk all day. In the same boat with you regarding the weight now and 18 yrs ago (you must be my twin!)

I walk with my son before work/school every morning - or I do one of Leslie's DVDs. We have a membership at the YMCA and I take water aerobics twice a week.

In regards to food - I bring my breakfast and lunch with me to work. Breakfast is oatmeal and fruit, lunch is whatever was for dinner the night before and then some snacks like cottage cheese, yogurt, nuts, etc. You have to take time to plan your meals ahead of time or it won't work. Been there done that.

If you track your calories and activities regularly it will help a lot!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you ladies for your responses. I really think this site is going to help so much!

Laura-I had to smile when I saw your post. Yeah its kinda strange how identical our "stories" are! I walk with my DD in the mornings! She is not over weight by any means but could tone up. She just made the cheerleading squad for middle school so she wants to be more healthy!

My DH went to the grocery store today and says he bought healthy items for me to bring to work. I cant wait to get home and see what his version of healthy is. He will be one of my biggest supports if I let him.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome aboard nru1286 and gmantych, this is a great thread, lots of support here, there's always room for another voice, and I think the only protocol for joining is to log on and type. I check in pretty much daily for a little dose of sisterhood, sometimes this dieting/life change business can be a little alienating, and it's nice to feel like I'm not doing this all alone.

I had a rough food day, it started off well enough, did my workout, ate a good breakfast, then I hit a sharp bump in the road and it went downhill from there. I got a phone call as I was trying to leave the house and while I was talking on the phone I absentmindedly grabbed a tablespoon and a jar of peanut butter and low and behold 5 tablespoons later I was like 500 calories over for the day. When I first started doing this I had to eliminate peanut butter for just that reason, I don't know when to say when, I love that stuff and I can eat a ton of it in short order. But lately I've been letting myself have it on toast for breakfast, or sometimes as a snack, I may have to go back to abstaining for a while. I will say that I've been fighting a pb craving for days and now it's quieted down some... I tried to do damage control by ordering a salad at McD's for lunch, but they mistakenly put the wrong dressing in the bag, so that was 130 calories more than I was planning. I tried to eat it without, but just couldn't. Then I ended up locking my keys in the car, it was cold today so we ended up at a coffee shop waiting for DH and the spare key, so we ordered dessert for something to do - that was bad too. I ended the day about 800 calories over budget, ugh I hate it when that happens, especially after I've had a splurge-type weekend.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker, it's all good! Tomorrow will be a better day, I just know it. Try to take each day a moment at a time; that's what I try to do in my everyday living. If i'm having a bad morning, I try not to let it control the rest of my day. Why wait until a future date to start anew? Who knows how many future moments we will have. Just a thought.

Have you tried any other "butter" spreads? Soynut, almond, cashew, pumpkin, apple, etc.? Some of them are really spectacular, and a bit easier on the caloric intake. It might be worth a try.

Here's to a bright tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Any Michigan ladies here?

Hello ladies, I am so excited to join this program. I currently weigh a whopping 200 lbs. I would love to be back to my previous weight 5 years ago-118. Anybody here live in Michigan and want to exercise together? It would be a great motivation ! Good luck everyone. I can't wait to get started.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies,

I'm just checking in to let you know that I'm still here and reading your posts. Great to see all the new people! I'm happy to be making a little progress. When I'm tempted to eat something that wouldn't be good for me, I tell myself "food will not control me"! It seems to be working. I feel great waking up in the morning knowing I didn't overeat the day before. I'm starting to believe that it IS possible to lose the weight and be healthy.

I'm enjoying watching the biggest loser. Although it's very extreme, I still find it a motivator to get moving and watch my calories.

I hope you are all doing great and losing weight! 8-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.