Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Not been to the gym for my weigh in yet, but I decided from two weeks ago to start recording measurements bi-weekly and these are my first results.

Bust; 48, 47.5 (-0.5)
Waist; 45.5, 44 (-1.5)
Natural Waist; 43, 41 (-3)
Love Handles , 52, 49 (-3)
Hips; 47, 44 (-3)
Left Upper Arm; 16, 15 (-1)
Right Upper Arm; 15.5, 15 (-0.5)
Lower Left Arm; 11.5, 11 (-1)
Lower Right Arm; 11.25, 11 (-0.25)
Left Thigh; 28.25, 27.25 (-1)
Right Thigh; 28.5, 27.25 (-1.25)
Left Calf; 19, 18 (-1)
Right Calf; 19, 18.25 (-0.75)
Neck; 15, 14.5 (0.5)

I make that 18.25 inches lost in 2 weeks, and I can't complain about that.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:53 PM
FitDay Member

Boo You're SOOOOO awesome!!! Well I think you can complain, 2" is approximately a dress size, so I'm thinking your pants are falling off your butt. You sister need to go shopping, right now, get you some skinny jeans.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Wish me luck, it's my DD's birthday, she turned 9 at 4:47 this morning. This afternoon our house is scheduled to fill up with piles of giggling 4th grade girls for a slumber party. Anyway, I don't have a single chip in the house and absolutely no candy. We're having a little junk for dinner, but I also have a big thing of veggies, a bowl of fruit, and some rf cheese w/ whole grain crackers. I bought low-fat ice cream and made a low-fat brownie for her birthday cake and she requested pizza for dinner. After that the kids are going to be offered junk-less munchies for the remainder of the evening. In the morning I'm making whole grain, low-fat muffins, or they can have their choice of cereals (all 5g sugar or less). I can already hear the junk food junkies complaining, can't you?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker - Great that you're offering healthier options for the kids! Too many adults would just give them junk and not give it a second thought. And I wouldn't want a house full of young ladies. Good luck, eek!

As for me I lost 4.5lbs this week.
Going away for a long weekend this coming week so I won't be weighing in officially for 2 weeks now. Hopefully my weight won't suffer too much while I'm away...
Old 09-25-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Boo you are doing just fantastic! Kudos!

And good luck Almeeker (Happy Bday to your DD), I'm sure you'll do just fine at the party. =)

I'm not sure if this 'bug' I've been trying to shake has just taken the energy out of me or what, but I have not been performing to my usual standards. I have been slacking a few days on logging my food -- though I haven't strayed from my diet. I'm trying to get back on track with that because logging is such an important part of this success.

My body is holding fast at its current weight, which is par for the course. I seem to drop a few pounds every 5-10 days, which is fine. I like that consistency.

Still tackling the late night snacking habit. I just can't seem to control my hunger well close to midnight. I'll keep working on that though.

Have a great weekend ladies! Can you believe September is nearly done? Where did it go?!?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats!! Boo - good job!

Smoosh - aww ss hun, wtg on keeping on track even when you arent feeling well! Hope you get well soon!

Almeeker - Happy birthday to your DD! have you considered pretzels and popcorn as evening snacks? They are healthier than most things. I dont envy you in the least with all those kids LOL! but we all know I dont do well with kids

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Went to 'water jogging' class this morning at 8am! Wow that is early to be out and about on a Saturday morning!

I did my own measurements this morning and logged them - not sure how accurate they are since I did them myself. Will check them again in 2wks to see what happens.

We have a birthday party for a friend today.. hamburgers and hotdogs and cake - great.... I will probably allow myself to indulge a bit because I have not slipped at all since I started on the 1st. Will eat some fruit before we go.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Smile It has been since the '80s that I have seen this number!

229# - Goodness gracious - I almost fell off the scale this morning (5am). Excited doesn't even say it for me - and my DH, well, it was WHY TO EARLY to be that perky and chatty. We had a 2 hour drive ahead of us and I was (blush) chatting the entire way, I actually feel sorry for him - but just a tinsy bit. LOL

almeeker; Big happy birthday to your DH and love that you are having the gals over for a slumber party, what fun that will be.
lcham: 'water jogging' ? interesting concept - good luck at the b'day party you are going to - stay strong!
smoosh: sorry to hear you are under the weather chicken soup, girl, works everytime! be kind to yourself. eat a bit more carbs at dinner - it may help you get through the night munchies (my sisters' suggestion to me)
boo: congrats on the inches you lost
brandismom:keep up the great work-outs!
change29: I keep looking at C2-5K and keep dreaming of the day that I, too, will do it.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

OK my confession about the C2-5K.... It's not that I dont think I can do it ( although I am sure I cant do it for 20 minutes at this point).. but I am one of the most self-conscious people you will ever meet ( well not actually meet cuz I would be hiding in the car LOL!) so my excuse is.. I dont want anyone seeing me as I lumber down the sidewalk huffing and puffing. I see others doing it ( in my neighborhood) and dont think twice about it, but i just KNOW if it was me, they would be snickering or making rude remarks

As it is, there was an alterior motive ( besides the fact that I love dogs) that I got another recently, so I had some reason to go for walks without being obvious and stand out to people.

I thought maybe by sharing that I would see how silly it sounds, but <sigh> no! So good luck to all who are doing it, I am envious!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all - I have read through quite a bit of the posts here and find it all very encouraging. Congrats to everyone here!

I am new to the Fitday forums - however not to Fitday. In 2005, Fitday was a great help during my first weight loss adventure. I started at 214 in June '05 and ended up at 173 in Mar '06 by eating right, exercising and logging it here of course. Then, I completely fell off the wagon.. and I fell HARD! I feel like if I would have been participating in the forums at the time (did they exist?) it might have helped me stay on track - so here I am. My goal was 150, I am 5'9, and today I would just be happy to be back to 173!!

I started logging food again Sep 20th and weighed in at 249.2. Today I weigh 246.8 and my goal is 150 by August 2011. I still need to set some shorter term goals.

I know that I need to make changes and get back to eating right and being more active. And I know that I will have to keep that up for the rest of my life to maintain a healthy weight.

Well, I just wanted to share my story and I hope to make some friends here who can keep me in line when I need it

Kristen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.