Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! I took a tumble on Saturday, twisted my left ankle and tore up my right knee pretty bad So I did not walk today, but plan to go to the pool after work. Hope to walk a bit tomorrow morning... going to do my weigh-in when I go to the pool this afternoon...
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Hmm maybe I am reading this wrong ( Again though?).. but in this group there is no judgement or criticism. Almeeker , along with all the ladies here have done a magnificient job of setting goals and meeting them and changing their lifestyle. Even if someone 'falls' every other day, there is still something to compliment them on.. maybe the fact they didnt fall the other days.

Anyway, welcome to the group, and I am hoping I misunderstood the meaning of that phrase. If so, I appologize in advance.
I don't think she's being critical, only reiterating what another poster said, that she's glad I only ate 4 cookies, hence the "again". We all know how easily 4 cookies can become 24, thank heaven those Samoas only come 15 to a box. Am I right or am I right? I always use to joke that the Girl Scouts piss me right off, sell me the "Thin Mint" cookies by the wagon load and I eat 'em and eat 'em and I ain't no thinner.

Something to think about, I saw the other day on TV that some of the Biggest Loser contestants are sponsoring diet food that you can order from e-diets.com, or some such. And my first thought was that it will never work long term, because even if you lose the weight what do you know about eating healthy once you reach goal, except to pick up the phone and order frozen food. I don't know about any of you, but using the phone to order food delivered right to my door was part of the reason I got so big in the first place... I could be wrong, but it seems doomed to failure.

Welcome aboard MusicNLyricz, these ladies are a great source of encouragement and information. Walking at work sounds like a great plan, keep it up and maybe you can even encourage someone to join you.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-20-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

LC (for lchamberla -hope you don't mind my abbreviation) - yowzers, sounds like you had a nasty tumble. Hope you heal up nice and fast.

Welcome aboard, Music, very nice group here, if I do say so myself. Glad to have you.

I encourage everyone to challenge themselves and join the 30# by Xmas thread, if you haven't already. To be super honest, I'm not so sure that my body can or will lose that much in 3mos, but it's giving me more motivation to push past this plateau. Started 30 Day Shred today, and I'm happy to say that, unlike the last time I tried that DVD, I completed the whole workout and didn't feel like I was going to die until the last 2 or 3 minutes. So I'll give Miss Thang her 30 days and see if it's all it's cracked up to be.

Happy Monday, troopers!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Changeisgood29 I like that idea, I think 30lbs by Christmas is a totally do-able, I'm biased since I have a wedding in Southern Ca to go to on Dec 17th so I'm shooting for 30lb down by December anyway.

Does anyone have any good pre-work out foods? I usually go to the gym after work and eat dinner after the gym, but I need something to get me from the afternoon snack to dinner.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Are you sure I won't drown!

Water, water - everywhere - OMGoodness, almeeker, I calculated how much I have to drink and it is mind boggling. 17 (8oz) cups! I have an old Evian bottle (750ml/24oz) and that means I have to drink 6 of them a day.

Okay, my new goal is to drink enough water. So far my 3 (8oz) cups are NOT cutting it for sure. So, I have started tonight with 1 bottle (750ml/24oz) and will start tomorrow working on the 6 per day. I know I can drink this much liquid but the last time I did was in 1976 and I ended up in A.A.

I like your new goal for Christmas! 30# - can we ALL do that?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

To water-guzzling Carren - heck yes, we all can do that 30# by Xmas challenge! I wish I could take credit for the idea; another FitDay poster started a thread about it ("14 weeks til Christmas -30 pounds"). Go head and jump in there and shout it out. Or just politely type, "I'm in." Haha, you pick. Btw, if you're trying to up your water intake, I suggest buying a nice 32oz water bottle. With all your walking and moving about, a good water bottle would be a very nice thing to have. Nalgene makes a very popular one; I bought one with a nozzle/sippie thinger at the local sports shop for $10. I'm so cheap that I was like, "What? $10 for this??" but I can't recommend it enough.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

lchamberla, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I have bad knees and it sucks, so take care and give yourself time to heal properly. Ice and elevate as much as possible, okay?

I'm in on the Christmas challenge too. I'm hoping it's doable for me, it already seems to be helping keep me focused. I suspect it will be an hilarious thread, since it's also becoming something of a "write silly weight loss lyrics to Christmas tunes challenge". OMG Amysmiles is a riot!!!

carrenross, it takes time to get used to drinking that much water, so if it takes you a few weeks to get up to that speed, be patient, it really does help. I'm going to second that "get a 32oz bottle thing". I found a really great one at Walmart for $1.78. It's clear blue plastic and has a handle, it fits in the cup holder in my car and the top is similar to a bottle of dish soap (I'm sure the Nalgene one is made from thicker plastic but I tend to break and lose things). The handle makes it the perfect thing for taking on my walks. I've found that it helps me to keep track of my water, just like I do my food, so make marks on the calendar in the kitchen for every 8 oz. I've also used my fitday food log and recorded it as ounces of "tap water", but the calendar is a little easier for me to see all day long.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-20-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default 30 days...

I wanna join the 30 day challenge! Where is it?

I only lost about 1lb last week gotta figure out what to do to speed that up a bit! If anyone wants to take a look at my food and activities, please do as I need suggestions!

On a good note, I swam last night for about 15 minutes and walked (gently on my ankle) for about 20 minutes.

BTW - my name is Laura... much easier than lchamberla, huh? lol Anyone know if that can be changed?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Weight in day....... 233.5 today YAY! Who would of ever thought I was not eating enough lol. I am losing 2 pounds a week now so I should be down to my goal of 140 by my 10th wedding anniversary which is 15 pounds less than what I was when I met my husband 15 years ago.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

where is this christmas challenge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.