Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

So with a 2lb loss this week I'm finally facing less than 100lbs to my ultimate goal. And my BMI is under 40!!! I'm no longer morbidly obese!!!!!
Pleased with that, especially as I had my visit from Aunt Flo all week and a generous handful of tortilla chips last night.
Been doing more weight-training classes this week too and I feel like I've been on the rack. It's definitely worth it though as I'm beginning to notice a physical difference in my arms, shoulders and back. They are starting to get more fab than flab.
I know a couple of people expressed an interest in the weight-training class I do, and if you search for 'Les Mills Body Pump' on youtube you can see a little for yourself. It's very easy to learn, so if anyone has a set of weights at home you can try it as long as you're careful with your weight selection.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Boo - I'm with you on the weight lifting. I'm sore, but feel so good and strong! And it's nice to start to see muscles move under the flab. Way to go!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
So with a 2lb loss this week I'm finally facing less than 100lbs to my ultimate goal. And my BMI is under 40!!! I'm no longer morbidly obese!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BOO!!! Way to go girlfriend!

Almeeker they would have to lock me up in the loony bin after a day taking care of those kids. You're awesome for taking care of them, yourself and the rest of us as well. We all need more people like you in our lives.

Boo thanks for the info on your weight program - I'm going to check it out.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker, I don't know how you do it. I only have to take care of myself and my dog and I still find myself eyeing the cookies. Personally I think not eating the entire box is a win!

In other news I jumped the gun on my weighing in, thinking for sure after 3 days of working out and eating right after a year of doing nothing would for sure show up on the scale, wrong. Oh well at least I got to pull out the scale and dust it off so now it will be ready to go on Wensday when i can safely say it's been a week of my new lifestyle.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Oh ladies thanks so much for all your words of support, and sorry if it raised anybody's blood pressure. It really helped to send the kids outside and sit down for a moment and type it out, and then laugh at my little nutshell. And just for the record, I would have eaten the whole box of cookies (I have the capability to eat a full crate of cookies), but you have to be really fast on the grab to get more than a couple at my house. Having 3-7 children around all the time has really cut down on the sweets for me, they're like locusts, they swarm through the house and eat anything and everything. So yes they drove me to the cookies, but at least they kept me from throwing down the whole box.

I didn't kill any of them by the way, but I did make DH take us out to dinner and I even managed to keep it light and reasonable, finishing the day at just about 1,900 calories, even with the cookies and melon. Not my best day, but not my worst either.

For years I've heard people talk about being emotional eaters. I'm not so much an emotional eater, but on Friday I did maybe begin to realize that stress is a bit of an eat trigger. But seriously stress can work in either direction for me, in the last couple of months before we got married I lost 30+ pounds without trying, of course there are several pictures of me from those days with a drink in each hand....

Boo, very proud of you. You ROCK sister! So what are you doing to celebrate/reward self? Mani-pedi, new red dress, some new glam workout clothes? I won't hit my next goal for a while so please share, I have to live vicariously.

maddyhoe, give it time, it will show. When you feel like quitting or get impatient just think about the fact that you never hear anybody say "Man, I wish I'd never lost all that weight and worked out until I had such a hot rockin' body".

Water bottle raised in your direction tonight, because of course since I challenged all of you to drink your water I gotta try and manage it myself right?

Last edited by almeeker; 09-18-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - I've decided to go visit some old school friends at the end of the month. They live in a seaside town, so I'll probably be a bit nerdy and play in the arcades and walk on the pier. Besides being a treat it's definitely going to be my first major temptation though. Especially as the friend I'm staying with eats at MacDonalds every opportunity she gets! (Yuk)
Old 09-19-2010, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Sunday Weigh-in results

It just has to be the water! I drank a whole 3 cups yesterday - 3 times more than I normally do. It must work. When I woke up today - the first thought was that I was thirsty - a first for me! I use to think I was hungry and eat. My poor, poor body - all these years (decades) struggling for any type of liquid, squeezing any food I ate dry for it. Times have changed, thanks almeeker.

Sunday weigh-in has met a new low with a 2.5# loss this week and now sitting at 233#. I have 12 days left to reach my Sept 30 goal of 230# - it is looking doable from here. So far, 7 weeks = 14# and I am so happy I could dance.

I did my measurements too and figured out that the over all inches lost to date is 11 - that makes me happy the most. The big inch loss areas are the waist (3.5), chest (3), and thigh(1.75). Must be the walking that is doing it. I have only lost .75" on my hips and thought it would be more than that.

Any good hints as to what to do to get the hips aka pouchy-stomach-thingy to shrink?

Side-track: I received a B-day present from my sister - blouse 20w- and it fit like a dream. I was so happy I took pictures of myself and sent them to her and the other sister. I got some nice compliments from them and their husbands - saying they could already see the difference. Now THAT was a boost to my confidence.

Keep up the great work ladies, Carren
Old 09-19-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrenross
It just has to be the water! I drank a whole 3 cups yesterday - 3 times more than I normally do. It must work. When I woke up today - the first thought was that I was thirsty - a first for me! I use to think I was hungry and eat. My poor, poor body - all these years (decades) struggling for any type of liquid, squeezing any food I ate dry for it. Times have changed, thanks almeeker.

Sunday weigh-in has met a new low with a 2.5# loss this week and now sitting at 233#. I have 12 days left to reach my Sept 30 goal of 230# - it is looking doable from here. So far, 7 weeks = 14# and I am so happy I could dance.

I did my measurements too and figured out that the over all inches lost to date is 11 - that makes me happy the most. The big inch loss areas are the waist (3.5), chest (3), and thigh(1.75). Must be the walking that is doing it. I have only lost .75" on my hips and thought it would be more than that.

Any good hints as to what to do to get the hips aka pouchy-stomach-thingy to shrink?

Side-track: I received a B-day present from my sister - blouse 20w- and it fit like a dream. I was so happy I took pictures of myself and sent them to her and the other sister. I got some nice compliments from them and their husbands - saying they could already see the difference. Now THAT was a boost to my confidence.

Keep up the great work ladies, Carren
I think you're not only going to make your first goal, but that you might blast past it early!!! Whoo hoo, how cool would that be?

Alright, how big is this cup? Because technically a "cup" is 8oz, and if all you drank yesterday was 24oz, it's a start, but you're body could use triple that at a minimum. However if the cup is some gigantic thing, you did awesome! There is a lot of debate over just how much is the right amount, but I go by the following: 64 oz baseline and another 8oz for every 10 pounds you want to lose. For me that's about 96 oz, I have a 32 oz bottle that I try and fill 3 times/day. If I workout in the morning I usually manage to get the first one down no problem, then I try and drink a second between breakfast and lunch and the third between lunch and dinner, so I can be done with all the extra pee prior to bedtime. I usually struggle to get the one between breakfast and lunch, which leaves me drinking it after dinner, so I spend the night trotting back and forth to the potty. Argh, I hate that.

I use that water intake formula because it's been a staple in every diet that I've ever tried that actually worked, and it seems to really help me in other ways. If I get my water in I'm a lot less achy, I know it sounds strange to say that but joint pain is a symptom of dehydration. I'm also more um, regular when I get all that water in, which goes a long way towards living a happy life....

I've had really good luck shrinking my hips and fanny with the elliptical and walking, I've maybe taken it a bit too far. I had to buy jeans the other day and get this, I have to work them up over my calves and thighs, but not over my fanny or waist. For years my butt has been so big that the legs of my jeans were flapping in the breeze, but now I have the opposite problem, my calves and thighs are possibly a size bigger than my hips and waist. How can that be? Maybe it's just a "current" style issue, I don't know.

Can't help you with the pouchy stomach thing, I still have a fair bit of that, and believe me I can do stomach crunches for hours on end, there's a 6 pack in there somewhere, but it may never be visible again. I believe I have the babies to thank for that issue. I bought a body ball this past week and have been doing a whole lot of wacky things on that for core strengthening, and it's really hard stuff, so that might be something to check into.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-19-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker..wow...what a time you had. Again though? I'm glad you only kept it at four cookies. The Somoas are the best! Haven't had one of those in forever...

Not sure If I have introduced myself yet or not to all of you regulars, but I am J. Pretty new to FitDay, but figured today is as good a time as any to get started on the path to success. I am 22 and have recently graduated college. I am working now at a desk job, but I get two fifteen minutes breaks where I go outside and walk around. I am about 255lbs and 5'4. As you can see, I have a way to go to get to where I need and want to be. Motivation always helps me but I never get it at home. But that's another story for another day.

Just thought I'd get an introduction out of the way.

Have a great week you guys!!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker..wow...what a time you had. Again though? I'm glad you only kept it at four cookies. The Somoas are the best! Haven't had one of those in forever...

Hmm maybe I am reading this wrong ( Again though?).. but in this group there is no judgement or criticism. Almeeker , along with all the ladies here have done a magnificient job of setting goals and meeting them and changing their lifestyle. Even if someone 'falls' every other day, there is still something to compliment them on.. maybe the fact they didnt fall the other days.

Anyway, welcome to the group, and I am hoping I misunderstood the meaning of that phrase. If so, I appologize in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.