Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
I also took my measurements today and have dropped anywhere from .25" - 2" on my biceps, forearm, waist, thighs and calves. It's still so strange to me that certain areas of the body lose inches while others don't. I would think they'd all lose incrementally at the same time... but the body is a curious thing.
Hey smoosh, I hear you on the weird body thing. I did measurements on Monday, only to discover that my hips are now narrower than my bustline, and only marginally larger than my waistline. My whole adult life I've been an over blown hour glass, now suddenly I'm turning into a funnel? If this keeps up I'm going to end up on the Men's forum trying to get rid of moobs and pack on some serious gluts.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
My whole adult life I've been an over blown hour glass, now suddenly I'm turning into a funnel? If this keeps up I'm going to end up on the Men's forum trying to get rid of moobs and pack on some serious gluts.
LOL! That's funny but frightening at the same time. I'm worried about losing my 'curves' and ending up with a straight up and down figure. (I'm currently at 50/43/52, Ouch.)
Have you considered having a couple of sessions with a personal trainer so you can address your concerns and create a new routine that will work to your womanly advantage?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
LOL! That's funny but frightening at the same time. I'm worried about losing my 'curves' and ending up with a straight up and down figure. (I'm currently at 50/43/52, Ouch.)
Have you considered having a couple of sessions with a personal trainer so you can address your concerns and create a new routine that will work to your womanly advantage?
Actually I have considered that, if you could every now and then remind me? That would be good. I see an OT for my shoulder and I'm going to ask if either she does personal training or if she can recommend someone. We live in a small town, so the options are limited. I think my biggest problem is my baby belly, I can't seem to get rid of it. If that would deflate even a little I think my fanny would be proportionally acceptable. Right now I'm at 41/31/38. I'm not right down to ribs across my back yet, but I'm getting there across the front, so I don't see the bustline number going down by a ton. The boobs are stagnant, they are what they are and I suspect I could be at 12% bf and still sport an overflowing D cup. All the women in my family are well endowed, even my skinniest cousins. I never thought that I would worry about my fanny getting too small .
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker - It's the same in my family, all of us are heavy up top. If I was as small as an overflowing D cup I'd be VERY happy though!

So I just came back from my first 'Spin' class. I have never sweat so much, and yet I've never felt so good. Definitely going back for another try next week.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

So I weighted myself and I am now 235.5 so I have lost 17.5 pounds since the end of Feb.

I went to a dietician on Monday and she put me on a 1600 cal/day diet and said with the 5 days a week 45 mins gym classes I am doing I should lose 2 pounds a week. So here's hoping!

She said I have to eat everything even if I am not hungry because my body needs those calories/portions to burn the fat.

I have a huge chart

BREAKFAST SNACK LUNCH SNACK DINNER
STARCH/GRAINS 2 1 2 1 2
FRUIT 1 1 1
MILK/ALT 1
OTHER
VEGGIES UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
MEAT/ALT 1 1 2OZ 1 4OZ
FATS 2 1
Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Im just starting and have a very long road ahead of me. hoping for some support and some advice from those who have lost.
starting weight 320
Goal #1 300 December 2010
Ultimate goal: 160.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Glad to have you hear

Originally Posted by awillauer
Im just starting and have a very long road ahead of me. hoping for some support and some advice from those who have lost.
starting weight 320
Welcome awillauer! You have come to the right forum. We will encourage you the best we can, give suggestions and advice from personal experiences and kick your butt if you want us too - a.k.a. ask almeeker, she's good at that I hear I, personally, haven't asked yet but NOT because I haven't needed one! Stick with us and we will stick with you! Carren
ps - also, glad to have you HERE! one day I will learn to spell LOL

Last edited by carrenross; 09-15-2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: spelling - oh, for crying out loud!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

starting weight 320
Welcome awillauer! This is a great thread and I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Good luck on your journey and I hope to see you here for the long haul.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

starting weight 320
Welcome Awilnauer! I wish you all the success you could ever want. I'm a newbie and the best advice I ever read was keep track of everything you eat. There are some links on this thread and other threads to calorie intake suggestions as we are all different and at times it can be just as easy to undereat and stall weight loss as it at times can be to overeat.

While trying to make healthy choices sometimes we obsess over what is in our food and end up holding up the weight loss.

The second piece of advice that has helped me is -- to move. You don't have to keep pace with anyone but you. Bettering my own distance on the elliptical and having to push the resistance level up button to keep my heart rate up are a big motivator for me. Walking is easier now that the weather is cooler - measuring success in lamp posts is pretty awesome too.

Oh one last thing is pictures and measurements -- take both of them. I personally would die if anyone saw my before picture now, but I'm hopeful that once I get further down the road I won't mind so much to share them.

Don't let anyone talk you out of becoming healthier - even you.

Enjoy the journey and welcome!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
almeeker - It's the same in my family, all of us are heavy up top. If I was as small as an overflowing D cup I'd be VERY happy though!

So I just came back from my first 'Spin' class. I have never sweat so much, and yet I've never felt so good. Definitely going back for another try next week.
I did my measurements on Monday, bust is 41", underbust 32", which technically should be a 32DDD. But where's a girl gonna be able to buy that size? I've been buying 36DD, but the cup and the distance between them is all wrong. Best I can hope for is containment without incidents of involuntary commandoism.

Very cool about the spin class, I've always wanted to try it, but I've never had access to a class. The closest I can get is the fan bike at the gym.

Originally Posted by christineval
So I weighted myself and I am now 235.5 so I have lost 17.5 pounds since the end of Feb.

I went to a dietician on Monday and she put me on a 1600 cal/day diet and said with the 5 days a week 45 mins gym classes I am doing I should lose 2 pounds a week. So here's hoping!

She said I have to eat everything even if I am not hungry because my body needs those calories/portions to burn the fat.

I have a huge chart

BREAKFAST SNACK LUNCH SNACK DINNER
STARCH/GRAINS 2 1 2 1 2
FRUIT 1 1 1
MILK/ALT 1
OTHER
VEGGIES UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
MEAT/ALT 1 1 2OZ 1 4OZ
FATS 2 1
Say could you go into more detail about what all that means? I'd be interested to hear it, right now it makes me want to get a snack and google Morse code.

starting weight 320
Welcome aboard, we always love a new voice here. The best advice I can give to someone just starting out is to log your intake for 3-4 days, and be completely honest with yourself. You don't necessarily have to be dieting, just study your habits. Then take that knowledge and look for ways to improve your diet and your habits, 1-2 at a time. It takes time, so be patient (I actually have to practice being patient), and be prepared to forgive yourself when you slip up. Slip-ups happen, and I think what makes this time different for me is that I accept I'm imperfect, I accept that I'm going to have weak moments and eat something I shouldn't, but I also know that if I live more days on-plan than I do off-plan that someday I'll get to my goal weight.

Originally Posted by carrenross
Welcome awillauer! You have come to the right forum. We will encourage you the best we can, give suggestions and advice from personal experiences and kick your butt if you want us too - a.k.a. ask almeeker, she's good at that I hear I, personally, haven't asked yet but NOT because I haven't needed one! Stick with us and we will stick with you! Carren
ps - also, glad to have you HERE! one day I will learn to spell LOL
I can't decide if you're saying I'm good at kicking butts or that I'm good at asking to get my butt kicked. Either way you're right. I'm really hoping that I'm past the roughest patch. Summer was really hard for me, between the garden, the vacation and 24-7 with the junk food toting kiddies I couldn't seem to gain a foothold on the downward slope. I've been stronger since school started, I've gotten up every morning (save 1) and put in a solid workout. This morning I even did some interval training that I sort of made up as I went along. It was fun to break it up a little, but I didn't really push hard myself hard enough to "feel the burn".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.