FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   A Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1875-challenge.html)

Crimpet 08-29-2010 11:55 PM

A Challenge

I'm thinking of really pushing myself to pull an 8 week challenge. Since Ramadan has started here in Turkey I feel I really slacked off with exercise, and sticking to proper nutrition. I've grown super lazy to say the least! :p I really need a kick in the rear to get myself back in gear, and I think a self-challenge will really get me going again, and possibly help get off those pound I should have been losing this past few weeks.

I'm planning on pushing myself to walk at least 5 nights a week 4 miles (I live in a mountainous area so that's intense) And mixing up some Palates with Strength Training maybe 5 days a week as well. No Sugars, No bread, Minimal oils. (I only allow 1 small glass of cola on Mondays) I also must increase my water intake.

My goal is to lose a minimum of 2lbs a week for 8 weeks.

Anyone else up for the challenge??

I will be weighing in every Monday (Must buy that scale! :p )

My starting weight is 170lbs-My goal is to lose a minimum of 16lbs in 8 weeks.

Who's up for it?!?

MollySue2 08-30-2010 12:09 AM

Love the idea of a challenge!

Hi Crimpet!

I'm with you on this one!
When I first started out as a member on FitDay I did really well, but I gradually let go and gained pretty much everything back. I'm hoping that a challenge might be a good way to re-kick-start my weight loss journey. I thus vow to the following:
- walk 5 nights a week
- do some sort of cardio at least 3 times a week
- drink more water (and no alcohol)
- lose about 1 lb per week

Weight-In on Mondays sounds good to me. Today I start with 129 lbs, my goal weight is 115 lbs. I would love to be down at 120 lbs by the end of this challenge.

Best wishes,

Molly

Crimpet 08-30-2010 07:25 AM

Fantastic Molly! We can do this! :D

vsabino 08-30-2010 07:59 AM

I'm in...
Monday's weigh ins?

Foodjunkiegirl 08-30-2010 10:57 AM

Me to! Count me in! I'd love to do a challenge! 8 weeks, huh?

My vow: Remain sugar free for the duration of 8 weeks. Stick to my 40% raw diet (would like to be 100%, but noooot yet!), and keep my gym appointments. I would also like to lose two pounds per week and being that I am over 200 lbs this should be doable, right?

- I vow to keep my gym appointments and do what my trainer tells me. Which usually works out to four cardio sessions and two weight lifting sessions.
- Drill my shimmies. Not only do I need to do this, it's just down right fun. (I'm a belly dancer who's been retired for a little bit.)

If I do good, I'll be down 16 whole pounds by the end. :D

Today, I start with 230. When this is finished, I should be 214.

Crimpet 08-30-2010 12:21 PM

Happy to see You all! I say Monday weigh ins because I realized with myself that if I weigh in on a friday and lost weight I tend to let myself slip over the weekend with the excuse 'I'll just get back on track on Monday' Weekends are my pitfall because it's the time to relax, when a workweek is usually seen as workout time. So...Monday weigh ins! :D Won't allow myself to slack on a weekend. Purely psychological for me lol I figured it was a descent idea lol

FoodJunki I also use to bellydance, and I use to love it! I'm too shy now to shake it in front of my husband though lol I guess I should build up the nerve because it is really a fabulous workout for the entire body!! :p

We're all gonna rock this challenge!!! :cool:

Foodjunkiegirl 08-31-2010 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Crimpet (Post 19897)
FoodJunki I also use to bellydance, and I use to love it! I'm too shy now to shake it in front of my husband though lol I guess I should build up the nerve because it is really a fabulous workout for the entire body!! :p

We're all gonna rock this challenge!!! :cool:

My ultimate goal is to get back into performing again. Some ladies do perform at heavy weights and I commend them for their grace and confidence, but I just don't have it. I feel miserable at this weight and no way would I perform! Here's to getting back into my costumes and performing again. :)

Maybe you could try a belly dance fitness DVD?

Hope every one has a great day. Good luck!

Crimpet 08-31-2010 08:07 PM

How are you ladies doing on your challenge?? :D I'm excited to hear!

Just a few days in and I'm feeling good, but I slacked on walking yesteday (tsk tsk on me!) I intend to make it up this weekend, but at least I stuck to calisthenics and strength training =D I even managed to skip my cola this monday because it tasted wierd after not drinking it for a week.:p

Foodjunkiegirl 09-01-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Crimpet (Post 20037)
How are you ladies doing on your challenge?? :D I'm excited to hear!

Just a few days in and I'm feeling good, but I slacked on walking yesteday (tsk tsk on me!) I intend to make it up this weekend, but at least I stuck to calisthenics and strength training =D I even managed to skip my cola this monday because it tasted wierd after not drinking it for a week.:p

That's the amazing thing about junk food. When it's out of your body and it's been out of your body for just a little while, it tastes bad! Because it IS bad. Good for you for not putting it in to your body.

As for me, I'm doing pretty good. ;) No cheating on my meal plan. Still sugar free. I did have some popcorn last night, but it's only 100 calories. I just felt like noshing. I have been going to the gym, to. Today's my day off from the gym. I might work on dance drills, or I might not. I worked the weights pretty hard last night so I don't want to hurt myself.

Hope every one is doing well!

Crimpet 09-02-2010 09:33 PM

How are you ladies doing?! :D Ready for the weekend? I know I am, but I'm not gonna let myself slip :)