FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Has to lose 119 pounds.. Would like motivators! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1852-has-lose-119-pounds-would-like-motivators.html)

slomoho1 08-25-2010 05:50 PM

Has to lose 119 pounds.. Would like motivators!

I am in the military and i pretty much have to lose a certain amount of weight to be able to pass the pt test. 140 is my goal weight not on for that reason, but also to feel sexy and confident again. and of course to be healthy! please feel free to talk to me! :)

klayr 08-26-2010 09:58 PM

Hey :)

Well, if you want a buddy i'm here.
Myself..not in the military, need to lose 50lbs which i'm failing miserably at, feel motivated at the beginning then...wham! it goes out the window (curse you carbs :mad:) Have you lost any weight at all? i mean..have you dieted in the past? personally i've dieted since the age of 10 i reckon, need to break the vicious cycle and find the balance within.
like i said, if you want..i can be there to here the good points and the bad..hopefully then you can see your way forward as sometimes writing it down to someone can be a "light bulb moment"

klayr

blackrhino2 08-27-2010 01:15 AM

You can do it!!! :)

things that help:
1)make out a clear list of short and long term health goals
2) make a game plan for exactly how to achieve them...really spell it all out for yourself, it makes it more real for me and then I have a step by step instruction book to follow
3) celebrate milestones like first 5 lb's lost, or first inch lost, or first time you fit back into jeans..whatever
4) go back and redo your game plan as things are never perfect and it takes setbacks/road blocks to realize that you need to reassess what isn't working

i can't say that i follow my own list as well as I'd like...but I'm working on it. congrats on starting your journey:)

slomoho1 08-30-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by klayr (Post 19666)
Hey :)

Well, if you want a buddy i'm here.
Myself..not in the military, need to lose 50lbs which i'm failing miserably at, feel motivated at the beginning then...wham! it goes out the window (curse you carbs :mad:) Have you lost any weight at all? i mean..have you dieted in the past? personally i've dieted since the age of 10 i reckon, need to break the vicious cycle and find the balance within.
like i said, if you want..i can be there to here the good points and the bad..hopefully then you can see your way forward as sometimes writing it down to someone can be a "light bulb moment"

klayr

aww thanks :) i didnt think anyone was even going to reply lol.. well i just had a baby july 19th. i lost 28 pounds after that and since ive started dieting ive lost 4. i still need to lose 115. lol.. i am pretty disappointed i let myself get this far gone, but beating myself up about it wont help me lose the weight or get healthier.

i used to be a gym rat. but then i gained alot of weight because i was an emotional/bored eater. oh yeah. keeping this food journal has helped me too. it lets me stay accountable for what i eat and keeping my progress..

i loovvee sweet stuff and pizza. done beat yourself up if one day you eat more than you should. dont think of it as a failure, just get back on the wagon. maybe try making one change at a time. go take a walk too or do a workout dvd.

i had a problem with will power too. for years. i need to step it up thought because its not just about me anymore. i have a new baby girl and a husband. if i dont get into shape there are consequences like me losing my job. so there is alot riding on this haha..

slomoho1 08-30-2010 09:24 AM

i dont think anyone follows their plan to a T all of the time haha. we do stray but it is a matter of getting back into game mode. not just thinking ' oh i failed. i give up. ' i used to have a problem with keeping my will power up. so far so good though. i hope things will still be good when i go back to work (im on maternity leave until thursday). alot of people in the my work place are judgmental because of my weight, so it might be a challenge.

almeeker 08-30-2010 11:13 AM

Hey, slomoho1, I just wanted to say welcome aboard and you might want to check out the 100+ club, lots of lovey ladies there in the same boat and they are in it for the long haul.

klayr 08-31-2010 01:02 AM

Hey :D,
you will do great!! Day at a time, admittedly some days are SOOOOO long to get through, but it's the feeling of a triumphant "YES" when you succeed. Congratulations by the way on your baby girl, that's my Daughter's birthday too!
the day you start work again you can look the people who judge you in the eye and you can say mentally to yourself;
" Judge me all you want if it makes you feel better, but at least I know i'm doing something to improve my life to an even better state than you can ever dream of! i will be free of my burden...shame about you!!"
I'm trying to eke out the carbs...ooh it's hard!! pizza? MMMMMM!!! oh..and bread...and...LOL :D. Hopefully i will lose this weight i'm carrying, i have truly had enough of being fat. we will do this together, as a team, you don't sound the one to quit, get rid of the boredom eating, that's the challenge of the week, tick a box at the end of the day, be honest with yourself and the rest will follow ;)

carrenross 08-31-2010 01:41 AM

Back at it!

Glad to have you here!:D
Military - I am sure, you can find someone there to 'kick your butt' :D and help you exercise. BUT for now, just strap the baby on or put her in a stroller and get outside and walk. That is all I can do right now and it is good for your mind, stress release and away from the fridge/boredom eating.
Work - Phlatt - raspberry to them. Like KLayr said: let them judge you. You can use them as a motivation. Smile at them, nod and walk away. It will absolutely DRIVE THEM CRAZY! LOL Besides, this is YOUR life, not theirs. You take care of yourself, your baby and your husband.
Food - stick with FitDay; record, journal, thread with us - yep, check us out at 100+ , encouraging bunch over there. Find what works for you. I am a bread addict :rolleyes: so, right now I had to go the extreme and avoid it. I have only one 'bread' choice a day and it is a Dempsters Ancient Grains 6" tortilla wrap.

Be good to yourself, just not with food.
Carren

smooshmcsmeesh 08-31-2010 04:56 AM

Welcome to FitDay Slomoho! Many of us have the same range of weight to lose, and as was suggested, consider joining us in the 100+ thread -- there is a great bunch of folks there willing to provide support, encouragement, advice & fun!

Best wishes to your success!

Smoosh

almeeker 08-31-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by slomoho1 (Post 19879)
i dont think anyone follows their plan to a T all of the time haha. we do stray but it is a matter of getting back into game mode. not just thinking ' oh i failed. i give up. ' i used to have a problem with keeping my will power up. so far so good though. i hope things will still be good when i go back to work (im on maternity leave until thursday). alot of people in the my work place are judgmental because of my weight, so it might be a challenge.

I once saw this rather large man wearing a t-shirt that said, "I might be fat, but you're ugly and I can go on a diet". Some people are just flat out ugly on the inside, if you know what I mean.