Notices

Need a motivating buddy...20lbs to lose

Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Too sweet

Originally Posted by nottango
can't believe how insensitive I was.... and hope you'll keep coming back!
Think nothing of it. I enjoyed your post. I know you weren't enjoying it when you posted but it was refreshing knowing I'm not alone in feeling like the monstrous ravenous pig attacking when the hunger bug comes out. I can't stand that feeling when suddenly you have to have it all.

I try to trace my steps backwards after that and see what I was not getting enough of because I figure its my body's way of searchingout that missing ingredient be it fiber, potassium, vitamin D or what. Its going to find it the hard way if I don't do the leg work first.

Although sometimes I just want all that food because it just looks sooooo good!!!

Definitely looking forward to coming back over the next few months!

Linds
Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default Week 1 down...it wasn't so bad...

I finished my 1st week with a 3.1 lb weight loss. I have REALLY had to force myself to get creative, plan, and be consistent with fixing my own meals each day. I definitely wouldn't expect that type of weight loss again next week. Shooting for 1-1.5 lbs loss per week.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good job BK! I am at 141# now - down 1 from last week, but have PMS, so expect to be 139 or 140 next week without much effort. I have been exercising every morning (have a puppy who makes sure I don't skip it). I used to walk, but have gradually been jogging more and more, and enjoying it. I've never been fast, but have thrown in a few sprints lately just to challenge myself. On track to reaching my goal of 125# by Christmas!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Nottango, I run too. It's the one activity that will always flatten my butt and tone me up quickly. I'm shooting for 4-5 days a week and 3-4 miles each time I go out. It's hotter here in TX now so can't wait for cooler weather.

Yesterday was rest day from working out and it was heavenly. Back at it again today. Still eating well and lost another .5 lbs in the last 3 days. On track here too to reach my Christmas goal! Honestly, this time of losing weight just feel different. It feels like my head is truly into it and my determination to succeed is so much stronger. Whatever it is, I like it because I hope it helps me get to the finish line! Have a great week!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I am in!! - 20 lbs by 12/16! I am starting at 160lbs (1 week ago), I have been tracking for 7 days now and have lost 1.2 lbs. So far so good! Seeing what blows my calorie counts (alchohol on weekends!) is helping.

I bike ride for exercise - not the intense cycling but the fun cruising around the neighborhood and trails - and I think it is helping. That and walking up stairs instead of the elevator at work! Need to figure out what to do when it starts snowing here in MI. Maybe swim?

Thx!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default around 20

around 20 is exacally what i want to loose to.
this winter is no excuse for me to gain weight this time
i currently weigh 159lbs and hope to get around 140-135
i am 5"6 i want to be healthy and would love to give and recieve modivation
Old 09-02-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Yea! Happy a few more have joined us. Interesting that you two are around the same weight as me too. Can I just ask one thing? I know everyone is different given musculature, etc., but why is it that a nutritionist told me that if I weighed 150lbs that's good? I'm thinking I'm still overweight at that amount (or at the least on the upper end of that weight range). I'm thinking 137lbs is about right. No real reason to believe that except that it's within the middle of the weight range, and I can grab most of that excess weight in my butt, thighs, and hips. The rest of me is so-so. It gives me affirmation that you both are looking to weigh around the same as me...

It's been a good week for me. I've worked out 6 days this week and going to ramp it up next week with heavier weights and longer runs. So far feeling good during my workouts given that my calorie count is lower.

Can anyone provide some help on the calorie deficit balance on FitDay? I log my activities but can't seem to figure out what I have to do for the rest of the day. I don't want it to be too tedious-otherwise, I won't stick with logging it everyday. Any ideas?

Everyone stay strong over Labor Day weekend and come back to tell us how you did!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
In a way, I feel like I've been cheating because it's been real easy not to overeat this week. I was told "my job's being eliminated" and that I'll be unemployed next month (unless I want a 3 hour commute every day to a place where I'd make less $). Has done wonders - no appetite, and I NEED to exercise to keep from going insane. I'm a single mom with a deadbeat ex-husband so it's scary. Actually saw 139 on the scale a few times, but it somehow isn't that important as it was a week ago.
BK - as far as exercise, I selected the lifestyle option of "mostly seated with some activity" and I put in the # of hours I sleep each night (very few recently!...). Beyond that, I just put in exercise which I have planned for (walking/jogging, etc...). My numbers come out at ~1800 cal/day without exercise and 2000-2200 when I do exercise, which feels just right. I'll be 45 in November, and if I did not add my sleep, it would say I need 2300-2500 cal/day when I exercise, which is just too much,*sigh*
Old 09-03-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Nottango. So sorry to hear about your job. My husband was laid off this week too. It's not a fun situation but I always believe there's a reason for everything. He's been pretty depressed but he exercises to let go of the stress. Hopefully you can find some release in exercising too. Take care of yourself1
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Hi everyone!
In a way, I feel like I've been cheating because it's been real easy not to overeat this week. I was told "my job's being eliminated" and that I'll be unemployed next month (unless I want a 3 hour commute every day to a place where I'd make less $). Has done wonders - no appetite, and I NEED to exercise to keep from going insane. I'm a single mom with a deadbeat ex-husband so it's scary. Actually saw 139 on the scale a few times, but it somehow isn't that important as it was a week ago.
BK - as far as exercise, I selected the lifestyle option of "mostly seated with some activity" and I put in the # of hours I sleep each night (very few recently!...). Beyond that, I just put in exercise which I have planned for (walking/jogging, etc...). My numbers come out at ~1800 cal/day without exercise and 2000-2200 when I do exercise, which feels just right. I'll be 45 in November, and if I did not add my sleep, it would say I need 2300-2500 cal/day when I exercise, which is just too much,*sigh*
Hang in there - I went through that at the end of last year - I am a single mom too so I feel that same pressure. I wake up every night at 2am just to worry!

Remember to do something nice for yourself every day - no matter how small - you are worth it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.