Notices

Just keeping it going

Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just keeping it going

I Have dipped in and out of this site for 2 years ,I am nearly 60 and 229.4 lbs or 16st 4 in old money .

What i would like is to have a purpose, someone depending on me to keep myself and them going .

I start with all the good intentions but falter after the 2nd week and give up altogether in the 3rd .

I am retired and live a very sedentary lifestyle,my husband has ill health and because he cannot exercise i cannot either !!

Is there anybody who can get me interested again

Pam
Old 08-20-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

We too are retired. This site is perfect for reading and learning from folks. I enjoy the food log and it has really helped me. I eat lowcarb/gluten free so it can be a challenge sometime. What helps me is eating and not keeping to a rigid schedule. I may eat veggies for breakfast. If I want eggs for supper that's what I eat. My hubby may eat that of fix himself a sandwich. We just go with the flo.......

Check in often it's fun to keep up with folks. You can do it!

I am 68 165 hoping to get to 140 or so but will take what the body settles at.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow YOU are your own purpose.

Originally Posted by pamsdish
I Have dipped in and out of this site for 2 years ,I am nearly 60 and 229.4 lbs or 16st 4 in old money .

What i would like is to have a purpose, someone depending on me to keep myself and them going .

I start with all the good intentions but falter after the 2nd week and give up altogether in the 3rd .

I am retired and live a very sedentary lifestyle,my husband has ill health and because he cannot exercise i cannot either !!

Is there anybody who can get me interested again

Pam
Hey Pam! Glad you are on here. From what you wrote I sense you are feeling overwhelmed and lethargic but have a desire to change. I was where you are just a few weeks ago. I was diagnosed with diabetes over a year ago and it has been a mental battle ever since. I stumbled onto FD one night around 3am.
I have found that FD keeps me accountable with my recording of all foods, moods, and journaling my feelings. The Forum and Threads keeps me accountable to others who are in the same boat. At 56 and decades of being sedentary - I started to just walk. It was free and there was not pressure to do aerobics or join a gym. I started out slow, and I mean S L O W. I walked 10 minutes, once around the trailer park. I worked at it for one year now but the big push to increase came after reading encouragement on FD Threads. I now can walk - 60 minutes! I am so amazed. It is an accomplishment for me and the bonus - it makes me feel excited, joyous, self-controlled, fit..oh, and just a wonderful feeling of self-confidence. I don't always have the time to do this, but I try at least once a week. I have seen more parts of my town that I never knew existed. It is amazing how much ground one can cover in 60 minutes. LOL
I know you said your husband is ill. Is he mobile? Could he go for a short walk with you? I hope that this is encouraging to you and helps get you motivated. My talk to myself is ' Carren, you are going to walk your ass off, literally - one pound at a time.' LOL Keep the faith.