Notices

taking charge of my life...

Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Cool taking charge of my life...

I have 50LBS! to lose, can i even believe its 50!! how did i even let
myself get to this point?!!!
I have no excuses its all been me, making the wrong food choices, not exercising as much as I should, all I know is that "enough is enough" and its time for me to take charge of my life and start LIVING the way you're supposed to when you are 25! and yes i know its gonna be hard trying to change all my habits but I NEED to change. This extra weight its taking a toll on my health, self esteem and self image. I am ready to start getting into healthy habits and be better all around for myself.

So yes 50lbs, count them 50lbs! that is my challenge for the next 12
months, I know it may seem like 12 months are a long time to lose 50lbs,
but if you think about it 12 months makes perfect sense, on average a
person can lose anywhere between 1-2lbs a week by following a diet plan and incorporating exercise. I wanna make sure this time around I am able to
not only lose the weight but keep it off as well! (which i think its the
harder part of the challenge)

My problem really is that I am an emotional eater, and I do recognize that,
and you know what they say "recognizing you have a problem is half the
battle" hehe and I do have a problem, my problem is with food, not making the right choices, overeating , and skipping meals out of guilt at times.

But I have decided this is what I need to do, not just to look better
(which I am really looking forward to, specially going shopping for a "new
and improved me" wardrobe) but to feel better as well...

I am going to try a certain weight loss program, I've heard really good things about it and I am also going to start an exercise routine 3 times a week. I am
going to take this slowly to make sure the results last, because I have
lost weight in the past and its been quick so as soon as i stop what i was
doing i gain double the weight back, so now I have given myself a year to
complete this process...

wish me luck...!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

JramirezB, I do wish you luck!!! Take it from me tho. I have no doubt that if you follow a diet plan and exercise, you will lose the 50lbs. However, and this is what took me so long, if you go back to your old ways of eating, if you go "off" the diet, the weight will come back. This needs to be a change in eating and lifestyle that you are willing to keep for the rest of your life. And if you can do this at 25 then you will live an amazing, healthy life.

I'm 50 and finally figured this out!! I intend tho, to now live another healthy 40 years plus and be a royal pain to my kids!!!!

The best of luck to you. My biggest help staying on track has been logging every bite or drink into fitday and weighing at least 2x a week. staying under 1500 calories a day. Total. All drinks included. No fried, no processed, no junk. Period. You will be amazed at how much better you feel and after a few weeks of eating "clean" your junk cravings will all but disappear. I still indulge myself but I try to limit to a drink a day or a treat. Always count it tho!!!

Is this easy? No. Is it worth it? Yes. If you don't do well one day, just do good the next.

My journal is public and if you would like to message me directly you may.
Also, my login is the same as my email. Please feel free. It's hugely helpful to be accountable to someone else. Harder to cheat and easier to stay on track.

Take care and best of luck. Beth
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hello I have about 60 lbs to lose and I'm with ya, it's time for a change and we can do it! I've lost 10 lbs so far.. yay! Oh ya todays my b-day... 21! Tryin to keep my calories under 1400 and exercise at least 30 minutes- 5 days a week. Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! - Renee

Start weight 7/13: 215 lbs
Current weight 8/17: 205
Goal weight 7/13/11: 145 lbs
Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rlynn456
Hello I have about 60 lbs to lose and I'm with ya, it's time for a change and we can do it! I've lost 10 lbs so far.. yay! Oh ya todays my b-day... 21! Tryin to keep my calories under 1400 and exercise at least 30 minutes- 5 days a week. Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! - Renee

Start weight 7/13: 215 lbs
Current weight 8/17: 205
Goal weight 7/13/11: 145 lbs
just wanted to say that you can do it. you are close to where i started & your goal weight was my first goal weight. you go girl.